The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ANTELOPE Galaxy 64 - New 64ch Intarface (Madi,Thunderbiolt,Dante,Digilink!)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
Hi,

We will reveal further information about the Galaxy pretty soon, you can subscribe for our newsletter here - https://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/galaxy-64/

I want to address here the comments about our devices which are listed on the legacy page. Legacy devices still receive driver support, as well as any needed software updates, listing the devices in legacy, simply means that we do not manufacture them anymore. Let's take the silver Orion Studio for example - we updated everything needed for MAC OS Catalina compatibility even though it has been listed as a legacy device for some time now. So if any bugs come up with your supported legacy device - we fix them. The only thing that you won't receive with your legacy device is often new effects, which is not always the case, we have added effects previously even to such devices, if they have the power to run the new effects.

What driver issues are you experiencing? I would kindly ask you to contact me, so I could help you right away with any issues that you're encountering or any questions that you might have.
I don't want to sound impolite....but have you looked at that huge complaint thread elsewhere regarding you guys?

That one thread alone has me convinced to never buy an Antelope product.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestarfire View Post
What machine do you own and what issues have you had with their support?
Man....just read that other thread!!!!!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is a total BS post.

You are very special person if you cant find their number

My guess is your just another troll.

Go to their website click support. The phone number for Europe AND US are at the top of the page in bright red font. Doesn't get ANY easier to find than that.

Love calling trolls like you out into the open. You ruin the GS experience with your nonsense info.
But......you haven't read the other thread ongoing all year. I DID find a phone number and posted it for a guy on the other thread.

Remember what happened????????

A troll, I'm not.

I was embarrassed for trying to help on that one for sure!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
But......you haven't read the other thread ongoing all year. I DID find a phone number and posted it for a guy on the other thread.

Remember what happened????????

A troll, I'm not.

I was embarrassed for trying to help on that one for sure!!
I did read a few of the old threads when We were researching prior to purchase.

I get it . there are like 3 people on Gs who are really unhappy and post non stop. I would be suing them for libel if I were Antelope. It’s one thing to state your issues yet another to just make sht up and go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same issues on and on and on and on because your pissed.

We almost did not purchase because of those threads. I called antelope sales direct and had a couple discussions about them and their products. After Digging I felt like I had to give them a shot because of the feature set and the excellent reviews on the converters and clock. I’m really happy with our purchase.

I have not had a single issue ever. Unit sounds incredible. Works flawlessly has an incredible routing matrix allowing us to use It as a digital patch bay for all the external synths and effects. Has a full range of input levels so we can patch our pedal switchers in. Did I mention it sounds incredible? Has onboard effects processing that also sounds awesome.

There isn’t a unit like it on the market. Their clocks are top line. And each input has individual gain trim. Did I mention how good it sounds?

I mean it’s kind of ridiculous that I feel compelled to defend them so hard. It’s because I wish there was this voice of reason when I was researching so I could navigate all the negativity. Yes people had issues. Sht happens. That was then this is now. People need to get over it already ffs. Everything I have experienced with antelope has been first class and flawless. Did I mention how good it sounds?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I get it . there are like 3 people on Gs who are really unhappy and post non stop. I would be suing them for libel if I were Antelope. It’s one thing to state your issues yet another to just make sht up and go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same issues on and on and on and on because your pissed.
If you are referring to me, I take exception to that comment.

Secondly, we are not talking ancient history here. I had an issue a couple of months back where a forced launcher update rendered my Goliath undetectable on bootup, requiring it to be unplugged and plugged back in again each time. I sent the logs, opened a ticket, and the issue was fixed with the next forced launcher update. However, the bottom line is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. A forced launcher update should never disrupt a stable installation. And that wasn't the first time that happened. (Tech support also didn't follow up after I sent the logs).

It's great that you've had zero issues with your unit. Fantastic! Keep in mind that that's likely only the case because many customer "beta testers" had to deal with all of those issues before you purchased your unit. You might have a different perspective if you were one of the unlucky ones.

Calling people trolls or complainers, or fanboys for that matter, doesn't do much for the conversation, and certainly doesn't help Antelope either.

You may think that it's a small few who had issues, but I don't think Sweetwater made the decision lightly when they decide to drop an entire company's product line and sever ties. Just think about that for a moment...

I'll take a cautious approach with Antelope, and see how things go over this next year, and give them a chance to earn my confidence and trust again. And I sincerely hope that they do. I wish them success, as their success and growth is good for all of us as customers.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

We almost did not purchase because of those threads. I called antelope sales direct and had a couple discussions about them and their products. After Digging I felt like I had to give them a shot because of the feature set and the excellent reviews on the converters and clock. I’m really happy with our purchase.

I have not had a single issue ever. Unit sounds incredible. Works flawlessly has an incredible routing matrix allowing us to use It as a digital patch bay for all the external synths and effects. Has a full range of input levels so we can patch our pedal switchers in. Did I mention it sounds incredible? Has onboard effects processing that also sounds awesome.

There isn’t a unit like it on the market. Their clocks are top line. And each input has individual gain trim. Did I mention how good it sounds?

I mean it’s kind of ridiculous that I feel compelled to defend them so hard. It’s because I wish there was this voice of reason when I was researching so I could navigate all the negativity. Yes people had issues. Sht happens. That was then this is now. People need to get over it already ffs. Everything I have experienced with antelope has been first class and flawless. Did I mention how good it sounds?
It’s not 3 people, it’s a lot of the people who bought the, what are now legacy, devices.

They had so many troubles even reputable dealers stopped selling their products because things got out of hand.

Again good for you that you love your interface!
How long have you had it? Do you have several years of experience with it or the company to justify your experience?

I did think mine was pretty great too (after a few minor issues). In the beginnimg I was also one of the people defending Antelope and claiming my unit was rock solid. That didn’t last unfortunately.
What pushed me over the edge was that, I think about a year ago, out of the blue Antelope remotely forced an update on all their devices. They bricked the Antelope launcher and installing the new one lost all saved routing presets and caused lots of other issues for me. I had to send clients home because it took me hours to get it up and running.

This isn’t user error and not so long ago! I still get nervous everytime a popup appears that new firmware is available. At least now we have the choice not to update.

And the comment about Antelope sueing the unhappy customers is laughable, I would think the other way around is more realistic. I’ve lost thousands over the years that my interface randomly decided not to work, due to Antelopes wrongdoing or poor coding skills in their drivers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
If you are referring to me, I take exception to that comment.

Secondly, we are not talking ancient history here. I had an issue a couple of months back where a forced launcher update rendered my Goliath undetectable on bootup, requiring it to be unplugged and plugged back in again each time. I sent the logs, opened a ticket, and the issue was fixed with the next forced launcher update. However, the bottom line is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. A forced launcher update should never disrupt a stable installation. And that wasn't the first time that happened. (Tech support also didn't follow up after I sent the logs).

It's great that you've had zero issues with your unit. Fantastic! Keep in mind that that's likely only the case because many customer "beta testers" had to deal with all of those issues before you purchased your unit. You might have a different perspective if you were one of the unlucky ones.

Calling people trolls or complainers, or fanboys for that matter, doesn't do much for the conversation, and certainly doesn't help Antelope either.

You may think that it's a small few who had issues, but I don't think Sweetwater made the decision lightly when they decide to drop an entire company's product line and sever ties. Just think about that for a moment...

I'll take a cautious approach with Antelope, and see how things go over this next year, and give them a chance to earn my confidence and trust again. And I sincerely hope that they do. I wish them success, as their success and growth is good for all of us as customers.

He was either trolling or lying and I think it’s appropriate to call people out when they post unsubstantiated bs. Go read his post he says that their support number can not be found.

I have already expressed my sympathy for your issues and have agreed that if it had happened to me I also would be super unhappy. I would have then either resolved it with them to the best of our abilities or if not to my satisfaction moved on. I would have let people know at the time that they should exercise caution before purchasing.

It has been almost two years or close to that I believe because we have had our unit for at least 14 months and the pisssed people (possibly including yourself) were posting for almost a year before that I think. So yep it’s time to move on and do a little forgiving or just pick a different brand.

Sweetwater reps don’t seem to be able to talk about it. I asked. Whatever it was it ruffled a lot of feathers on both the customer and vendor fronts.

What type of computer were you running when you got your “forced updates”?. I have never been forced to update that I’m aware. I’m also baffled about your issue getting it installed on your new machine. You have something going on with your unit or setup. You seem to be having persistent intermittent connection issues. I still think you should try another cable. I would. Or get a different unit. I would not have tolerated the issue that long. I’m curious why your still using it if it’s such a pain in your ass?

This thread has been totally hijacked by this nonsense and we should get back on topic.

That said It seems to have been missed -. Has anyone looked at this new product launch? 64 analogue in AND out in one 2u piece? Pretty awesome looking unit.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What type of computer were you running when you got your “forced updates”?. I have never been forced to update that I’m aware. I’m also baffled about your issue getting it installed on your new machine. You have something going on with your unit or setup. You seem to be having persistent intermittent connection issues. I still think you should try another cable. I would. Or get a different unit. I would not have tolerated the issue that long. I’m curious why your still using it if it’s such a pain in your ass?

This thread has been totally hijacked by this nonsense and we should get back on topic.
A lot of the nonsense and hijacking is actually from your contined digging and needing to jump in and defend Antelope at every turn and trying to discount other's experiences. I made a joke about MKII coming and the speed of products going to the legacy pile, which seemed to ruffle you, so I posted about my experience for context. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have even brought any of that up. Now it's become a novel.

You're hinting at user error again in my case. It's not. Seriously, just stop. I've documented my issues with Antelope support regarding the launcher issues, and they were verified and fixed in the next update. It's not the cable with the new system FFS. Support got it working. It might have been as simple as the driver being blocked by Catilina, but might have been something else. It was a long remote session. They tried several things. I currently have firmwire and drivers running on mine that you don't have on yours, as they are not released yet to the public. At this point, it's working, I have no complaints about that, as it wasn't a long running problem and support resolved it quickly, which I've clearly stated. I have only postive things to say about that.

Your question about "why am I still using it if it's a pain in my ass" is just insulting. I'm using it because (a) I like it, (b) I spent a lot of hard earned money on it, and (c), I spent a year and a half getting major bugs documented and worked out, so you could come on Gearslutz and tell your positive experiences of no issues (great!), while at the same time, trying to discount the reality that Antelope still has work to do to earn constomer trust back, and that some issues continue to exist for some users. No sh*t that Sweetwater wouldn't divulge any info like that to you!

Stop insinuating that everyone who has issues with Antelope software/hardware don't know what they are doing, and it's their fault. That's not always the case. I remember the conversation with Charlie Clouser here telling about his extremely tech saavy production partner going through his own nightmare with the Goliath and having to ditch it. So while sometimes it certainly is, it's not always a simple case of user error.

People are going to post about their opinions and experiences here, just like you do. I'm sorry that gets your feathers ruffled, but so be it. And your nonsense talk about suing people who voice there experiences is really not doing Antelope any favors.

Yes, enough now. Let's move on please to the Galaxy 64.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Quote:
I find user error to be behind many "software issues".

Im just a happy customer and feel like defending them against the hyper negativity "Avoid!" because they make a really great product in my opinion. I would say they have the absolute best feature set in the industry of audio interfaces and I definitely would NOT avoid them if you want a top tier product. Plus they sound incredible.

I get the desire to throw the company under the bus after you have issues. I'm currently pretty pissed at samsung for selling 8k tvs that dont really do 8K

I will warn people of this issue in this moment because its happening today.

I will not come back in 3 years and bash them as a terrible company because of my 1 experience. Especially if they correct course and provide a fix and great customer service.

Get over it and buy a gen 3. You'll love it!

Hi thestarfire, I'm going to have to very respectfully disagree with you here, but I certainly understand where you're coming from, as you've had nothing but positive experiences with Antelope. I get your desire to balance the perspective here. @ Industrystudio is also just sharing his experience, which is all he has to go by. By all accounts, the early Gen 1 Orion was a nightmare for a lot of customers. I remember those posts regarding early drivers, etc. It wasn't pretty.

I can relate to the lost income, sessions, time spent etc. I personally chose to tough it out and get results from Antelope. However, that was an almost two year period of being relentlessly on top of them and not accepting anything less than what I paid for, and being the biggest thorn in their side that I'm sure they've experienced. Not everyone is up for putting in that time and energy.

None of the issues I had experienced were "user error". They were poorly coded firmware/software. That is fact. Not only that, but I had to prove and document this to them, that it was indeed "software engineer error".

My sincere hope, and what now appears to be happening, is that Antelope as a company has had their "HOLY SH*T" moment when Sweetwater, probably the largest retailer of audio gear on the planet, decided to drop them like a hot potato. That was a big deal, and there's obvious legimate reasons behind that decision.

I would assume that since that moment, Antelope has decided to seriously look inward and make changes in customer service and engineering in order to survive. I would venture that the improved customer service that I and others have been experiencing lately is a direct result of this.

I have no desire to throw any company under the bus, and certainly not Antelope, as I am relying on them for my livelihood. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to account. Reputations are earned. If those experiences are more positive than negative, that will balance out over time.

As a side note for @ Industrystudio . If you were promised an upgraded unit and they didn't deliver, that is absolutely unacceptable. I hope that was in via email and not over the phone so there's some record of it.

If an employee who is representing the company makes an offer like that, it needs to be honored and followed through on. There are no excuses. It's a verbal agreement. That customer, in good faith, believes that he or she is interacting with someone that is in a position to authorize such an upgrade. It's not up to the customer to ask the company representitive if he "really means it". You take them at their word as an authority.

Reputations are earned. People's experiences, both good and bad, help shape that overall picture. If you spent 20K on a car that turned out to be a lemon, how likely are you to be a repeat customer?

The Sweetwater debacle happened in June 2018, so a little over a year and a half. That's certainly time for Antelope to start to rebuild themselves for the better, and it appears that they are doing just that. But it will still take longer to earn back the trust of many who initially spent a lot of money, only to feel burned by their experiences.

So here's hoping that the course has been corrected, and Antelope continues to do well moving foward.

My case was dealt with by someone called Aiden in the chat. His correspondence was quickly taken over by Alexander Serov who quickly denied that chat transcripts were saved. I have multiple records of Antelope saying chat transcripts are not saved when I request them, due to the fact that you frequently say things that implicate you and you want to retain the information.

I have since sold my Orion for peanuts just to be rid of the whole experience. I do have emails and data to back up this information so if you would like to open a case regarding this then by all means.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi thestarfire, I'm going to have to very respectfully disagree with you here, but I certainly understand where you're coming from, as you've had nothing but positive experiences with Antelope. I get your desire to balance the perspective here. @ Industrystudio is also just sharing his experience, which is all he has to go by. By all accounts, the early Gen 1 Orion was a nightmare for a lot of customers. I remember those posts regarding early drivers, etc. It wasn't pretty.

I can relate to the lost income, sessions, time spent etc. I personally chose to tough it out and get results from Antelope. However, that was an almost two year period of being relentlessly on top of them and not accepting anything less than what I paid for, and being the biggest thorn in their side that I'm sure they've experienced. Not everyone is up for putting in that time and energy.

None of the issues I had experienced were "user error". They were poorly coded firmware/software. That is fact. Not only that, but I had to prove and document this to them, that it was indeed "software engineer error".

My sincere hope, and what now appears to be happening, is that Antelope as a company has had their "HOLY SH*T" moment when Sweetwater, probably the largest retailer of audio gear on the planet, decided to drop them like a hot potato. That was a big deal, and there's obvious legimate reasons behind that decision.

I would assume that since that moment, Antelope has decided to seriously look inward and make changes in customer service and engineering in order to survive. I would venture that the improved customer service that I and others have been experiencing lately is a direct result of this.

I have no desire to throw any company under the bus, and certainly not Antelope, as I am relying on them for my livelihood. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to account. Reputations are earned. If those experiences are more positive than negative, that will balance out over time.

As a side note for @ Industrystudio . If you were promised an upgraded unit and they didn't deliver, that is absolutely unacceptable. I hope that was in via email and not over the phone so there's some record of it.

If an employee who is representing the company makes an offer like that, it needs to be honored and followed through on. There are no excuses. It's a verbal agreement. That customer, in good faith, believes that he or she is interacting with someone that is in a position to authorize such an upgrade. It's not up to the customer to ask the company representitive if he "really means it". You take them at their word as an authority.

Reputations are earned. People's experiences, both good and bad, help shape that overall picture. If you spent 20K on a car that turned out to be a lemon, how likely are you to be a repeat customer?

The Sweetwater debacle happened in June 2018, so a little over a year and a half. That's certainly time for Antelope to start to rebuild themselves for the better, and it appears that they are doing just that. But it will still take longer to earn back the trust of many who initially spent a lot of money, only to feel burned by their experiences.

So here's hoping that the course has been corrected, and Antelope continues to do well moving foward.
Quote:
Quote:
I find user error to be behind many "software issues".

Im just a happy customer and feel like defending them against the hyper negativity "Avoid!" because they make a really great product in my opinion. I would say they have the absolute best feature set in the industry of audio interfaces and I definitely would NOT avoid them if you want a top tier product. Plus they sound incredible.

I get the desire to throw the company under the bus after you have issues. I'm currently pretty pissed at samsung for selling 8k tvs that dont really do 8K

I will warn people of this issue in this moment because its happening today.

I will not come back in 3 years and bash them as a terrible company because of my 1 experience. Especially if they correct course and provide a fix and great customer service.

Get over it and buy a gen 3. You'll love it!

My case was dealt with by someone called Aiden in the chat 2016. His correspondence was l taken over by Alexander Serov who explained Aiden had been fired and quickly denied that chat transcripts were saved. I have multiple records of Antelope saying chat transcripts are not saved when I request them, due to the fact that you frequently say things that implicate you and you want to retain the information.

I have since sold my Orion for peanuts just to be rid of the whole experience. I do have emails and data to back up this information so if you would like to open a case regarding this then by all means.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’d like to know more about this unit. Pricing, availability, bundled plugins- somebody tell us something! Spill the beans...

I just want to know if it’s remotely in my budget.

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

Theres a reason retailers are dropping them. It's not 3 people, and it's not just drivers, it's the way the company practice in general. Terrible, dishonest and inconsistent after sales care.

Forget unreliable, Antelope have lied to me several times when dealing with my complaint. Perhaps it's because you have had no issues (yet) that you are happy with the service so far.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@ Sam Antelope Audio

I have a Goliath and Orion 32+, and every time i start the Antelope Launcher, it crashes, necessitating that i USB unplug both devices, start the Launcher, then re-plug in the Goliath / Orion at the start of each working day.

It would be great if you could tweak the Launcher app so that it first fully starts, and only then looks at what USB devices are plugged in.

Many thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think Antelope stuff is very usable. Problem is when you come from using rock solid stuff like RME, you notice that Antelope doesn't aspire to the same level of rock-solidness.

I think this can partly be looked at as a German vs USA mentality:

"Get it right" German engineering vs "get rich quick while chasing the American dream" American engineering.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Baboon View Post
I think Antelope stuff is very usable. Problem is when you come from using rock solid stuff like RME, you notice that Antelope doesn't aspire to the same level of rock-solidness.

"Get it right" German engineering vs "get rich quick while chasing the American dream" American engineering.
You really think Antelope is American?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Baboon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by James7800 View Post
You really think Antelope is American?

This is why it's confusing to customers at a quick glance. They are headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria. When I bought my unit, I also briefly thought they were a US company, with made in USA product.

There current Twitter account is stating that they are a US based company. This is incorrect info, from my understanding. Argue it however you like (they have a branch office or a P.O. box in Santa Monica, haven't updated twitter, one of the guys lived there, whatever), it's not the case. I've had tons of interaction with Antelope, phone and email, as has my dealer, all of it with people in Bulgaria, never once from the US. I've had 5 RMA units shipped back and forth, to and from Bulgaria. Not a one from Santa Monica, and I'm on the west coast. This used to be the case with their facebook company page also. (I don't think it states any location now on Facebook.)

Having an address in the US may have perhaps been perceived as a benefit, instilling a larger degree of consumer confidence.

Strange, as the hardware is extremely well made, and Antelope should be very proud of that. There's nothing wrong with being made in Europe, that's usually been something that exudes an aura of quality in most people's minds.

ANTELOPE Galaxy 64 - New 64ch Intarface (Madi,Thunderbiolt,Dante,Digilink!)-screen-shot-2020-01-26-10.24.12-am.png
Attached Thumbnails
ANTELOPE Galaxy 64 - New 64ch Intarface (Madi,Thunderbiolt,Dante,Digilink!)-screen-shot-2020-01-26-10.24.12-am.png  

Last edited by Squawk; 4 weeks ago at 08:11 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Oops, i thought it was an American company!

Little did i know, it's a get rich quick, chase the Bulgarian dream company!
Old 4 weeks ago
As to all the launcher issues, can you not simply disable the auto updates? If it ain't broke...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hepworth View Post
As to all the launcher issues, can you not simply disable the auto updates? If it ain't broke...
You can now. This wasn't an option a while ago.
Then they simply bricked the launcher, the only thing you saw was something like: "This old launcher is no longer supported, you need to upgrade..."

It was exactly a case of if it ain't broke. It wasn't and Antelope broke it, not the user
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

@ bigfurry - you can sign up for our newsletter here to receive any news regarding the Galaxy 64 Synergy Core first - https://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/galaxy-64/
@ I.R.Baboon - Gearslutz is not a support channel, so I would kindly ask you to either message me directly here (I would gladly provide you with my personal email as well over a message) and before that - always get in touch with our support team, they available for 20 hours per day and you could get in touch with them via phone or chat in order to get in touch with them right away. Please send me a message with more information, if you have been already in touch with them and I will get right onto it.
@ Squawk - Our HQ is in Bulgaria indeed, we do even proudly say that our interfaces are made in Europe on our product pages! We do have service centres in the US, however with cases like yours, we needed to get the exact unit to the engineer, so we can do cross-testing ourselves, a diagnostic from the repair centre wouldn't have been enough to diagnose the issue properly.
@ Jamie Mac - as there were many requests for features to disable auto-updates and since we had to update to another database in order to restructure everything for the new devices (Synergy Core, Gen. 3 interfaces) we had to do a final required auto-update which was tested extensively (beta group testing from our users, etc.) to ensure that it goes without any issues. Now we got all the features that our users requested with the new launcher, and we will not force any updates. Studios which prefer to never update often block any incoming and outgoing internet connections to the launcher, and they never got these required auto-updates because of that, meaning that you always have the option to do so yourself.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, you could also message me directly!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
They really just need to cut to the chase:

Ladies and gentlemen, Antelope Audio proudly presents the new “Legacy 64” audio interface*. Our most advanced interface to date. Available Q1 2020.

(*This interface is no longer supported).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
@ Squawk - Our HQ is in Bulgaria indeed, we do even proudly say that our interfaces are made in Europe on our product pages! We do have service centres in the US, however with cases like yours, we needed to get the exact unit to the engineer, so we can do cross-testing ourselves, a diagnostic from the repair centre wouldn't have been enough to diagnose the issue properly.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, you could also message me directly!
Thanks for the reply @ Sam Antelope Audio . I guess I'm just curious why Antelope is still showing on Twitter as being a company based in Santa Monica? Normally companies don't list a foreign repair center as their company headquarters?

Anyway, back to the Galaxy discussion

Last edited by Squawk; 2 weeks ago at 01:12 AM.. Reason: moved to PM
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If anyone has successfully ever used an Antelope interface (of any kind) directly connected via MADI (bi-directional) with a Burl Mothership, I'd love to know. Please PM me.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

We have 11 Orion HD spread across 6 rooms zero issues other than less space and heat in the machine rooms. I can’t say enough awesome things about our Antelope Orion’s. Working it a commercial room we need and demand stability and reliability and Antelope exceeds in both.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
We have 11 Orion HD spread across 6 rooms zero issues other than less space and heat in the machine rooms. I can’t say enough awesome things about our Antelope Orion’s. Working it a commercial room we need and demand stability and reliability and Antelope exceeds in both.
Are you using them strictly connected via HDX?

I’m having issues with the Thunderbolt driver randomly losing communication with my Goliath. Also issues with MADI not communicating with my Burl Mothership. I’m trying to get it sorted with Antelope. Just waiting to hear back from them.

I also demand stability and reliability. I think all Antelope customers should expect that.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:

I’m having issues with the Thunderbolt driver randomly losing communication with my Goliath. Also issues with MADI not communicating with my Burl Mothership. I’m trying to get it sorted with Antelope. Just waiting to hear back from them.

I also demand stability and reliability. I think all Antelope customers should expect that.
I had the same issues with the dropping communication via Thunderbolt on my Orion+ Gen 3. Connecting with support via Team Viewer. The tech grabbed control and sorted it out in about 20 mins.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

It most certainly is the minimum.

I could never get my Orion to work with 32 channels over USB. Or to work as a soundcard. Or to show up as a hardware insert in Reaper. But if I go to my Lynx interface things are completely different. No issues in six years of heavy use.

People on GS will just chalk this up to user error or some nonsensical crap. They wouldn't know talent if it bit them on the ass, and they wouldn't know technicalities if it blew smoke in their face. "Well I didn't have any issues, so, it must be you! There is no other logical explanation!" Or maybe the company just sucks at the driver side (remember Focusrite and their Mac drivers? Goodness gracious). That's a perfectly logical, reasonable and probable explanation.

If companies like Avid and Antelope and Focal would just grow up and take some responsibility, we wouldn't have these problems. All they have to do is tell the truth. All they have to do is learn morals. That's it.

Fueled By Evil™
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym Music View Post
It most certainly is the minimum.

I could never get my Orion to work with 32 channels over USB. Or to work as a soundcard. Or to show up as a hardware insert in Reaper. But if I go to my Lynx interface things are completely different. No issues in six years of heavy use.

People on GS will just chalk this up to user error or some nonsensical crap. They wouldn't know talent if it bit them on the ass, and they wouldn't know technicalities if it blew smoke in their face. "Well I didn't have any issues, so, it must be you! There is no other logical explanation!" Or maybe the company just sucks at the driver side (remember Focusrite and their Mac drivers? Goodness gracious). That's a perfectly logical, reasonable and probable explanation.

If companies like Avid and Antelope and Focal would just grow up and take some responsibility, we wouldn't have these problems. All they have to do is tell the truth. All they have to do is learn morals. That's it.

Fueled By Evil™
What's wrong with Focal?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
I bought Discrete 4 as brand new device, after 6 months it was obsolote and Synergy Discrete comes. My brand new device stays unsupported with no new emulations, no AFX2DAW for windows, etc., etc.
This is why Metric Halo is so great... no boat anchors... ever.
Old 1 week ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being made in Europe, that's usually been something that exudes an aura of quality in most people's minds.
Yes, however if you're European and read Made in Bulgaria, an "aura of quality" is not the first thing that comes to mind. There are historic reasons for it...

Moving production to Bulgaria could make some sense due to cheap labor, I guess.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search