The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Heiserman Type 19
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Heiserman Type 19

Hi guys!

Anyone at the show able to check out what the deal is with the newly announced Heiserman Type 19 microphone?

We’ve got a pair of their 47 Fets which are absolutely stellar - these guys are the real deal..

Very interested to see what their new offering is all about...

Cheers,
Iain
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Yeah! Looking forward to getting my hands on a few of these.....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Do you know anything about what kind of thing it is - K47 capsule from what I can see but no other info - not sure if it’s modelled off something or something new?

Cheers,
Iain
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think it can have either of their 47 style capsules.

This was posted on another website:

Quote:
No price or release date yet... but it'll definitely be ready this year, and it'll be our most affordable mic so far

Yes, this is a large diaphragm condenser. Much of the development time was spent getting the body right -- we were pushing the limits of how small an LDC can be, and it required a lot of revisions to make it work both mechanically and sonically, not to mention the internal shock mounting, and making it look cool

The intention is for a fairly neutral circuit that allows the character of the capsule to shine, so with the hk47 capsule, it’s very much in the same tonal ballpark as our other mics, minus the tubes and big transformers.

We’re not quite ready to announce the price. But I can say with confidence that it’ll be less than $1,000.
Attached Thumbnails
Heiserman Type 19-3kjggtil.jpg   Heiserman Type 19-knhhtx2.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the info - that looks really promising!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Hutch View Post
Thanks for the info - that looks really promising!
It does! Some anecdotes from NAMM about it's sound are very positive. I was looking at maybe adding a pair of Austrian Audio LDCs this year, I think I'll wait to see how this shakes out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

These mics sounded excellent
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Saw it today.
Super cool little LDC mic
All machined aluminum body
Sounded good
Look forward to trying one out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

"Just a singer" here, but I did get to try/sing through the Type 19 on Saturday and yesterday.

What's cool IMHO is that ALL the various Heiserman models (including the UT 47FET), that all have a Heiserman capsule... Keep the "Heiserman Family" sound, but still sound "different enough" from one another-just the right amount. They all get a from me!

The only thing that would have been better, is if I would have remembered my "Frank" Fedora for Sunday NAMM!
(it makes me sing Standards a little better )
Chris
P.S. Thanks Eric & Matt for puttin' up with me!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Really nice body design. Like a stealth bomber-ized 414 body. I am loving some of the small details...the recessed switch choice, the way the pieces appear to fit together, etc.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Any more details on this? Approximate pricing?

Is it electronically balanced output?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

for someone speaking german, 'heiserman' is not necessarily the best name for a mic manufacturer... :-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Yes the mic is electrically balanced, No transformer. The mic really lets the capsule shine. And yes Heiserman literally translated means hoarse in terms of a scratchy voice. Pretty much just the way I sound after 4 days at NAMM . Oddly enough my surname was one of those cases of getting changed during immigration to the US.
You really don't see the name Heiserman outside of the USA.

Last edited by tskguy; 4 weeks ago at 04:56 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

(pssst, Mr. Mic Maker it's spelled "hoarse.")

Horace was concerned his horse was hoarse.

English, how do we manage it and fvck up so much else?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Edited for the spelling police

Now back on topic please.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

ok, what about approximate pricing or any more available details? Apparently it is available with more than one capsule or no?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
We’re not quite ready to announce the price. But I can say with confidence that it’ll be less than $1,000.
And yes we will offer any of our capsules excluding the M7 mostly due to the mounting system we came up with.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Cool!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
I love the looks of this.......Just the capsule ma'm!.....
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Craig Alvin is currently tracking with one.. Excited to hear his feedback!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

And they're great for double posts-ahem-tracking too!
Just kiddn' you.

Hey I'm still going though "NAMM Recovery". I can only imagine how you and Matt felt afterwards.

Ended up using the 'ol Opera trick of "Green Apples", they help the speaking voice and singing. (along with tons of water)
Along with singing, I do lots of teaching, and they're a Godsend!

Big Art Deco fan here, that microphone would fit in, on display at the Metropolitan Modern Art Museum!
Chris
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
It does! Some anecdotes from NAMM about it's sound are very positive. I was looking at maybe adding a pair of Austrian Audio LDCs this year, I think I'll wait to see how this shakes out.
Type 19 is less Lite (bright)/more "Filling".
Chris
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskguy View Post
I loved the Type 19. We used it on electric and acoustic guitars. Everyone on the session was seriously impressed. I still have it and it won't be coming back anytime soon.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

How was it on vocals.

That is the question.

To be or not to be.

Cheers
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Sorry if my last posts, weren't clear enough.... Sounds exceptional!

On my (bright) voice, was clearly better than the competing Austrian Audio line, or (FET based/non-tube) Lewitt series.
Chris
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search