The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Audio introduces Abbey Road Saturator
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Also got it for the $24 “upgrade” ...whoever suggested that earlier, I’m much obliged to you.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
Also got it for the $24 “upgrade” ...whoever suggested that earlier, I’m much obliged to you.
Do you get the freebee in that case also ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Do you get the freebee in that case also ?
I don’t think so, but I can’t get to my audio comp until this evening. I’ll download and activate and see what happens...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For $49 you get this and the two other new distortion plugins.. just FYI

I feel like I’m already good with distortion plugins for the rest of eternity... but, I dig that this one seems to do the brilliance thing, although as stated, that’s such a particular sound I don’t know how often I’d actually use it
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

That's odd... I own 3 AR plugins, and the upgrade tab in Waves website quotes me 116$ to upgrade to the bundle...

EDIT : oh well, I forgot there are 7 other plugins in the bundle, hence the higher price than 24$ which is for those who already own almost all of the other plugins.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
For $49 you get this and the two other new distortion plugins.. just FYI

I feel like I’m already good with distortion plugins for the rest of eternity... but, I dig that this one seems to do the brilliance thing, although as stated, that’s such a particular sound I don’t know how often I’d actually use it
Agreed...I already have so many things that create distortion, I don’t think I’ll miss the other couple add ons.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

After Omega twk , hard to justify another disto thingy ... it s spot on , always sounding great , wide sweet spot and fadt to tweak ... easy on the cpu ... so i m downloading this waves but it will have to bring me a coffee and say i m the dopest producer on earth to make me feel some lol ...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
If you bought from retailer the waves site says it might be the 3rd before you get the freebie
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Don’t work ON El Capitan....
Why?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For the $24 upgrade mentioned earlier, you will see the saturator in your account immediately under “my products”
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpga View Post
Don’t work ON El Capitan....
Why?
Newer waves plugins don’t work with the older OSX.
I encountered this when the brauer motion plugin came out. With El Capitan.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
Newer waves plugins don’t work with the older OSX.
I encountered this when the brauer motion plugin came out. With El Capitan.
I’m on El Capitan so for Now I stop buy Waves.

Please fix this Waves.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Absolutely amazing plugin, without a shadow of a doubt the best saturation I have ever used. I could not make it sound bad, level matched every preset I created, blind tested each one (I made 20) and scored 20 out of 20 challenging my self to know when its ON.

Someone commented it sounds forced, and I agree with that but felt I could reduce this with the mix control.

Even with modest setting it really brings to life the old Stylus RMX loops.

Bass just BOOM!

Guitars - I was LOLing it was that good.

Keys - How?

Vocals - testing tomoz.

Chain this with the other 4 plugs Waves have released and you have some major sculpting tools to play with.

Hats of to Waves for a gorgeous tool. Thanks.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_K View Post
This isn't your bread and butter saturator. It's a one or two tracks in a mix, possibly on a drum bus (never on the two buss) "fixer". It gives a very "Hi-Fi" vibe for pulling things out similar to the brilliance pack collection eq's. Great for unmasking.

The EQ on the ins and outs are required for this one.

I can see myself reaching for it quite often nearing the end of a mix. Parallel it works ok for definition but I wouldn't get carried away with it because it will build up quickly.

Great for acoustic and orchestral. Vocals to taste I guess (it's very bright, like VERY). Electronica and EDM, if you use a lot of "aural exciter" type things you will find uses for this on pads and acoustic samples.

Very nice but very specific sound. Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot, yes I imagine what you mean.

Something worth to try.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
For the $24 upgrade mentioned earlier, you will see the saturator in your account immediately under “my products”
witch one ? abbeyrroad or the trio ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Thanks a lot, yes I imagine what you mean.

Something worth to try.
To make it short mon ami , you have the same circuit as the Redd and the Tg , notice that the TG is getting 13 % cpu here while this one on Tg posistion near 7 so this is a good news because i alwayz used the TG for the drive alone ! same for the Redd ....

the compender is call but nothing you can't achieve pre or post ....now for me believe it or not thet fun is in the mdmx , great surpise , nothing new but versatyle and well implemented , my fav is the screamer ....

So 49 for all those is worth considering imho ...i would have loved to make a reveiws on those but time is a luxary until the 20 ....

The rider concept is beautyfull , basically you have a threshold to drive material you want in the dynamic range ...well done
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I can confirm that for the $24 upgrade through Waves, I only got the plugin and no freebies.

Tried it on a drum bus and a full rock mix - definitely does a good job at adding some grit and sucking out some mids. It has nice sparkle without getting harsh and can really tighten things up. I like it when used tastefully - full on destruction mode isn’t my thing.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Ok I'm starting to get the hang of this thing. I think i underestimated it.

It takes a bit of time to understand the signal flow. You have to ignore the compander initially, get your drive and levels correct, then bring in the compander select the correct high pass and low pass on the compander, THEN get your input and output eq set up to compensate...phew.

Once I got the hang of the signal flow I'm really loving it on everything now. It takes time to set up (default settings are crazy IMO) and you cannot overcook it or have it be too prominent on more than say one or two featured instruments but you can always ignore the compander or dial it in very gently for very little of the brilliance aspect; you must always be wary of overdoing it however.

Yeah with all that said, it's good. Really good. It can replace an eq job on many sources completely, the saturation can really inflate a sound, it breaks up nicely and treats transients very well once you start controlling the top end more. You have got to understand that compander and how the controls all interact, the ratio for example does not do what you would expect and the filters are low pass first.

Yeah I highly recommend this but you will have to put in some hours to "get it". Good job waves people.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Warren Huart's video on YT did a pretty good job at filling me in on how to approach dialing things in with it, which I think can also help anyone else get up and running with this tool in no time.

If you're familiar with using exciters to add brilliance in place of relying solely on EQ, sonically, you'll know exactly where you want to go with this thing once you jump into giving it a try.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpga View Post
I’m on El Capitan so for Now I stop buy Waves.

Please fix this Waves.
I'm on El Capitan as well, was tempted to grab this one but I'm out.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil View Post
Man quit spreading lies online. Lies about companies like Waves ruins the integrity of forums such as these.
U must be this person's shadow? That's the only way you could possibly know what goes on in his life and on his pc. Where did these gearslutz hall monitors come from all a sudden?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Did they use this plug in Peak-Ploy's "Dart side of the Mu" ??
Old 1 week ago
M2E
Lives for gear

Man, you all are the best. I didn't want the other plugin just the new Abbey Road. Since I already own all the Abbey Road plugins, I did the upgrade thing and that worked perfect!

Thanks, Marc
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I'll have to admit it was a total impulse buy (AR Saturator + MDMX + BrauerMotion = $45 = WTF), but after some time spent on this, it seriously seems like a great plugin.

I love how they (once again) managed to fit a lot of stuff in a compact but extremely functional and pleasing layout.
Calling it a "saturator" doesn't quite give the right idea, it's rather a very convenient chain which provides awesome control and tonal shaping.

Besides the actual saturation section, the cool part is blending-in the compander, after the pre-eq, the cutoff points and ratio (and the polarity switch too, actually) have been set up to properly enhance the source.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

So, if one go the upgrade path for $ 24.-,
will that also update the WUP, like a 'normal' update advantage ?

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
So, if one go the upgrade path for $ 24.-,
will that also update the WUP, like a 'normal' update advantage ?

Yep and you can use the 10 percent discount code.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
Yep and you can use the 10 percent discount code.
What a brilliant deal

I checked my expired AR WUP yesterday,
and they wanted $ 240.- to update.

With this deal, It cost me just $ 21.40

Last edited by Gemylon; 1 week ago at 01:08 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Are the free extra plugin vouchers slow to come in? I bought the bundled and haven't received mine yet.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deif View Post
Are the free extra plugin vouchers slow to come in? I bought the bundled and haven't received mine yet.
It would seem so... 12 hours and counting for me. I suspect it's cos they extended the sale anther day.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
It would seem so... 12 hours and counting for me. I suspect it's cos they extended the sale anther day.
Got mine immediately.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search