The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance announces Lindell 80 Series
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Hard means hardware? I thought it was hard clipping
Yeah it's confusing but it says so in the manual.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Hard means hardware? I thought it was hard clipping
It does mean hard clipping, but the manual specifies that this “hard” clipping mode is more similar to the hardware. The “soft” mode is a bonus of sorts added to the software, not found in the hardware.

I prefer “hard” so far personally.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
It does mean hard clipping, but the manual specifies that this “hard” clipping mode is more similar to the hardware. The “soft” mode is a bonus of sorts added to the software, not found in the hardware.

Oh okay I never read manuals I like to just just balls deep in and start clicking and clacking.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Any fan of this should also check out Channel X.
Based on Pultec and 1170 designs it is quite different, but shares that analog feel, amazing steep filters - a real sleeper.

So far - loving Lindell stuff !
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I revisited the 6x-500 preamp and filters and love it. Tilt shift gui loads so slow in sequoia ship this was a oeat replacement for the hpf and lpfs. This a great addition. Lindell and lsr are one of my favorite coders.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundbass View Post
Based on Pultec and 1170 designs it is quite different, but shares that analog feel, amazing steep filters - a real sleeper.

Exactly the same here...purchased that one right after the 80!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

this plug in rocks
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundbass View Post

Yes, it is really worth it. I have the hardware and the software and I use them all the time.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I revisited the 6x-500 preamp and filters and love it. Tilt shift gui loads so slow in sequoia ship this was a oeat replacement for the hpf and lpfs. This a great addition. Lindell and lsr are one of my favorite coders.
I love that preamp.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post

Oh awesome tip. That was pretty ambiguous.

Still, this is very nice strip. The Gate is a bonus, as the early desks didn't have any. It's very doubtful the had a compressor on every channel too.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I’ve got both but not given N80 a good drive yet.
However have been using the Burnley for a good few years and it’s not a bad EQ at all fornthe money so eagerly awaiting a AB with the Lindell.

Cheers
Wiggy
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
I’ve got both but not given N80 a good drive yet.
However have been using the Burnley for a good few years and it’s not a bad EQ at all fornthe money so eagerly awaiting a AB with the Lindell.

Cheers
Wiggy
I've been evangelical of the Burnley and any Neve clone I've stacked up to and nothing has touched it until this. I prefer the 80 over Burnley and Britson, as much as it hurts to say.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I've been evangelical of the Burnley and any Neve clone I've stacked up to and nothing has touched it until this. I prefer the 80 over Burnley and Britson, as much as it hurts to say.
Agreed.. now where is the Calrec 1061 EQ? ???
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

149 USD for one day
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Another great release from PA and lucky enough got this for $24 using my HH voucher. I did a quick comparison with AA Gold3 and they're very identical except the Gold3 a bit smoother in the hi mids and top-end frequencies. Haven't compared the comps yet.

I wish they added an option to switch CS models position.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
149 USD for one day
that's all right, it'll be $49 in a few months. i think i can wait.
Old 6 days ago
I adore LSR's work, their 354E has become a staple on the 2 bus, and their 525 is sooo lovely on vox, guitars... This is def in top 10 plugin of the year for me, and there have been some VERY good ones this year!
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
no aax dsp???
I asked that on FB and they said there are no plans.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
that's all right, it'll be $49 in a few months. i think i can wait.
I really doubt that.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
I really doubt that.
huh? which of their products has that not happened with, besides the recent Focusrite console? just a matter of time. after seeing the SSL and N consoles for $49 all the time now (along with all their other crazy discounts) anyone would be foolish to pay much more than that.

really impressed with this one though, wish i had the spare to get it now. i think the lowest price for me was $79 ($129 minus $50 BF voucher discount, my monthly is down to $25 now).
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
huh? which of their products has that not happened with, besides the recent Focusrite console? just a matter of time. after seeing the SSL and N consoles for $49 all the time now (along with all their other crazy discounts) anyone would be foolish to pay much more than that.

really impressed with this one though, wish i had the spare to get it now. i think the lowest price for me was $79 ($129 minus $50 BF voucher discount, my monthly is down to $25 now).
You said 49$ "in a few months". I really doubt that.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

It'll happen someday. But I guess not as fast as it used to be because of the new subscription.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post

I wish they added an option to switch CS models position.
This!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
You said 49$ "in a few months". I really doubt that.
how long did it take for the SSL E & G? not too long as far as i can recall, i don't think "in a few months" was much of an exaggeration. either way (as with all their other stuff), soon enough to be insulting to anyone who paid full price.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
how long did it take for the SSL E & G? not too long as far as i can recall, i don't think "in a few months" was much of an exaggeration. either way (as with all their other stuff), soon enough to be insulting to anyone who paid full price.
Well I want to work with the plugin right
now and the current offer seems very fair.

Regarding the ssl prices I think it was a reaction
to the waves ssl plugin.

Anyone who wants to wait until a simular thing happens for neve can do that.

So many options for us all -
we should truly be happy.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I used the hw and always loved that x500 pre its not really mojo one but sounds great think the plugin is similar
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Blown away from demoing this.This sounds almost like the Silver Bullet crazy good.I ve compared it to the uad pre very close both but I felt that the lindell sounds more efortless the uad a bit more punchier.The eq and filters are just like real hw.Sknote Marconi and Arturia ones really wasnt nothing like that.Lindell is killer his gear is great so is the sw Lsr Audio are on fire.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

i need to report back after a week or so with this strip. It's amazing. Crazy weight and front to back depth. All whilst being light on cpu. bravo PA
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

The hard clip is just amazing if you want to creatively damage sounds. So organic and brutal at the same time. The interaction of the PRE with the EQ is really great too. You always get a little surprise how different it sounds just engaging the EQ section flat.

Also one of the best oversampling implementations i have seen. I have blind tested the different oversampling levels, and it was hard to tell the difference even between 16x and 2x.
And it stays completely in phase, so you can use the FX as parallel.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
The hard clip is just amazing if you want to creatively damage sounds. So organic and brutal at the same time. The interaction of the PRE with the EQ is really great too. You always get a little surprise how different it sounds just engaging the EQ section flat.

Also one of the best oversampling implementations i have seen. I have blind tested the different oversampling levels, and it was hard to tell the difference even between 16x and 2x.
And it stays completely in phase, so you can use the FX as parallel.
That's good to know as the OS in the Lindell 254E used to totally messes up with phase when used on an FX as parallel. Thanks for noticing us !
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search