The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steinberg announces Cubase 10.5
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Cubase is vastly more powerful than Studio One overall, particularly in MIDI, but frankly in many other areas too, especially for composers. However, Studio One still has the edge in overall cohesive and consistent workflow and is also catching up in key areas, plus has some nice innovations that Steinberg could definitely learn from. But Steinberg has been paying attention recently, so it's going to be interesting to watch. Once Studio One adds articulation management, it will be a major milestone for Studio One and possibly a game changer for some composers. Will be fun to see what Studio One 5 will bring next year. However, Cubase 10.5 is here today, and it's a really impressive DAW. I'm a Nuendo user myself (in addition to several other DAWs), and I look forward to the new Cubase 10.5 features showing up in Nuendo 10.5 next year. The new features in Cubase 10.5 are meaningful workflow improvements for sure. It's promising trend from Steinberg. Hope they keep it up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I would also like to see ARA 2 support implemented for Antares Autotune to bring it in line with Celemony Melodyne and Syncro Arts VocAlign.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
I would also like to see ARA 2 support implemented for Antares Autotune to bring it in line with Celemony Melodyne and Syncro Arts VocAlign.
But wouldn't this be Antares' task and not Steinberg's?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanelysane View Post
No its also adjusting velocity levels as well as quantise - i dont know where you looked your info up but Ive seen it first hand.

From Ask Audio (article is from 2014 so its now ancient news for S1 owners, yet Cubase doesnt have this easy and helpful function):
"This action actually humanizes all the MIDI data related to the MIDI region, so you’ll notice that this also ‘humanizes’ the velocity values as well for further realistic sounding performances. If you feel that the ‘humanizing’ of the MIDI data has gone too far, you can always use the Humanize Less action."
https://ask.audio/articles/improve-y...nes-midi-tools
Yes it also adjusts the velocity, but you can also do the same within the logical editor in Cubase.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedemann View Post
But wouldn't this be Antares' task and not Steinberg's?
Could well be - just saying I would like to see it so it would be more of a breeze to use like Melodyne is now since ARA 2 integration, so Antares if you are listening...

I haven't updated to 10.5 Pro yet. Anyone having any issues so far or is it all running smoothly? Cheers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Could well be - just saying I would like to see it so it would be more of a breeze to use like Melodyne is now since ARA 2 integration, so Antares if you are listening...

I haven't updated to 10.5 Pro yet. Anyone having any issues so far or is it all running smoothly? Cheers.
All is running smoothly here. I love all the new added features.
Old 4 weeks ago
I just got the update. Found a few bugs while doing a video review. It was amusing...

Cubase 10.5 New Features & Review - YouTube

I summarize the bugs on my blog post here: https://currentsound.com/general/cub...w-and-testing/
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I upgraded. Not impressed, lots of crashes and problems. I'm just about done with Cubase, they don't really seem to know what to be. Logic is faster to work and never crashes for me. Just looking at the amount of bugs reported on the forums is something else.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I love/loved Cubase but had problems with 9 running very slow on my mac. 10 made big inprovements but I ended up trying Studio One and Logic while that was being sorted. Both S1 and Logic are snappier on my mac and that alone makes it tough for me to gp back. Plus I've gotten used to a few features Cubase lacks. The main one is low latency mode for VSTis. Just makes life easier for me. I miss Cubase though and keep hoping they'll get a low latency model and fix the responsiveness. I love the Cubase tuning (melodine style) system.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdmcc View Post
I upgraded. Not impressed, lots of crashes and problems. I'm just about done with Cubase, they don't really seem to know what to be. Logic is faster to work and never crashes for me. Just looking at the amount of bugs reported on the forums is something else.
Yeah. I do love Cubase but man, whenever a new version comes out, there are always too many bugs. I'm sticking with Cubase but no matter how tempting the latest releases are, I think I'm gonna hold of on updating for 3-6 months or so whenever they put out a new release. Logic unfortunately never added a bunch of Cubase features that I rely on. I also dislike the lack of customization in Logic. I have lots of custom midi buttons and functions I programmed into Cubase that Logic doesn't let you do.

Steinberg really needs to test out their software more before they release it. I think they worry too much about putting out a release each year in November when sometimes they should just test it for a few more months. If it's not ready, there should be like an Early Bird Discount or something because you're basically a beta tester if you grab it on day 1 like I did. Which brings me back to my point, they need more beta testers stressing the system more in a real studio environment rather than just testing it in house. I think that is why so many problems are discovered on release day. If I can find multiple bugs in the first hour of using it, who do they have using it before they release it?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
I love/loved Cubase but had problems with 9 running very slow on my mac. 10 made big inprovements but I ended up trying Studio One and Logic while that was being sorted. Both S1 and Logic are snappier on my mac and that alone makes it tough for me to gp back. Plus I've gotten used to a few features Cubase lacks. The main one is low latency mode for VSTis. Just makes life easier for me. I miss Cubase though and keep hoping they'll get a low latency model and fix the responsiveness. I love the Cubase tuning (melodine style) system.
Cubase has Asio guard which ill give you low latency on vsti
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search