The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kush Model TWK - Tweaker Distortion, no iLok!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxgvr View Post
Would be great if Greg merge all his transformer plugins in to one Omega plugin, and we could select model by pressing button or rotating switch like in Decapitator or TrueIron plugins.
Word !
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I think it's time for UBK to make his first vst instrument... The Kush Kit. Or get Loops de Creme to come over and sample those drums!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Bought. Have a love/meh relationship with HoK... this is love. This won't replace True Iron but will certainly take over a lot of its tasks and many new ones, too.

And can't wait for UBK-1 to be dongle free, it's my last hold over!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Testing it out, really wonderful. One question though: somebody up the thread commented to put it in dual mono mode. There is no such option on the plugin interface. Can somebody enlighten a poor cubase user?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

No brainer purchase, great plugin, yadda yadda. I actually came to say that I can't stop listening to the song in the promo video. Help?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What I'm noticing so far is that it preserves a lot of the original sound and then clips/distorts the peaks more than, say, a tube saturator (like HG-2), which tends to impact the whole thing more. Mmmmm. I guess TWK preserves the tones better than HG-2. So far, TWK is also working better for me on things with more transients, like drums, or sharp synth arps. Pads are a little more hit or miss, depending on whether it "fits" with the goal/sound.

As Greg said earlier in the thread: different, tasty flavors of distortion are great to have. Sometimes one type will work better than another.

EDIT: Got it into Plugindoctor.... some really massive frequency peaking happens >10k with oversampling on. But does it sound good? *shrug* Just info at this point. But oversampling does help with some of the other measures. Also, around 40% applied on the dial, it starts working as a gentle compressor - turn up the dial, and it'll compress even more (or at least look like one in Plugindoctor).
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So, of course, I've already bought TWK. Love.

But I wanted to chip in and second or third, Novatron is my favorite compressor plugin, and I have... a few. It was actually the single reason I initially bought my ilok. Worth.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Would you make a Tweaker plug in Greg ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Installed demo - plugin fails scanning in Studio One Pro, Win 7 x64 :(
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Greg....

Can we expect to see all your plugins lose the ilok eventually?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Had some time to play with this today - fantastic sound, straight into the 'go to' folder. Tested on mixbus, drums, synths and vocals.

This'll likely sound great in parallel too, need to test more. Absolute no brainer at $29.

+1000 for a Greg/Kush drum sample pack
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post

+1000 for a Greg/Kush drum sample pack
Greg recently bought a Mothership. Those are really handy for recording drums, jussss sayin?...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Two things: the vca in the Twesker hardware is so useful by itself that it?s nice to get a software version to sprinkle around. I can?t tear my pair of Tweakers off drums, so now I can in a way.

One other thing- Greg, can you speak to plans for Catalina readiness on all things Kush and Sly Fi? Many of us are on the verge of buying new machines and I?m not mixing w/o my Kush plugins. Talk to me, Bubby!

-Sean
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
Novatron is my go-to compressor for track and mix bus. I'll A/B it with something else I think might work, but it's almost always Novatron. If nothing else, demo it. Well, only demo it if you're open to spending money
Would love to but you can only activate the demo on a physical ilok 2 unfortunately
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoru97214 View Post
But I wanted to chip in and second or third, Novatron is my favorite compressor plugin, and I have... a few. It was actually the single reason I initially bought my ilok. Worth.
The second both Novatron and Goldplate are dongle-less is the second I sign up for the subscription. That's my threshold. Having those two plus the AR-1 at my disposal... ugh, I'm dying with anticipation!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

can't see the plugin on Ableton Live 10, I see it in the plugins folder tho. PT 2019.10 does see it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mixer View Post
Installed demo - plugin fails scanning in Studio One Pro, Win 7 x64 :(
Update your ilok reboot reset blacklist in studio one reboot studio one worked for me another user here helped me with the same issue.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeel View Post
can't see the plugin on Ableton Live 10, I see it in the plugins folder tho. PT 2019.10 does see it.
Updated my ilok manager app, and it shows up on OSX.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepAudio View Post
If you had to choose between the Dave Smith and the Model D which one you keepin?
If you mean the Prophet, there's absolutely no question I'd keep the Prophet. Moog is fun and does incredibly cool things, but it's not terribly versatile, it's mono, and given how chordal/harmonic my music is I can't build a song up with it.

The Prophet is insanely versatile and has a sound that's perfect for mixing, the harmonics are so energetic and complex that it never needs eq, just set the filters right and it'll sit in the mix perfectly. It's my desert island synth, I'd let go of all the others if I had to but not the Prophet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
Greg....

Can we expect to see all your plugins lose the ilok eventually?
Yes indeed, another one is right around the corner and we'll keep them coming until we're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfurry View Post
Greg recently bought a Mothership. Those are really handy for recording drums, jussss sayin?...
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about...

Quote:
One other thing- Greg, can you speak to plans for Catalina readiness on all things Kush and Sly Fi?

I would sit tight until you hear most of the major plugin devs giving this new OS the ok, it's a bit of a mess right now. We've been working non-stop to implement the 'notarization' that all apps/services need in place, but it's a pretty opaque process and none of our 30+ testers have Catalina installed yet so we're still kinda in the dark.

We'll definitely blast it from the heavens when we know we're 100% good to go.

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Please don't get rid of the iLok option. Disk authorization is nearly a deal-breaker for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Unfortunately doesn't pass the plugin scanner for me too even with the latest PACE update and several reboots and resets of the blacklist. I have spent the last hour trying to get this to work. Tried first with the demo and then said to myself "eff it, let's buy the plug-in". But I have the same problem with the bought version.

Studio One 4 / Win 7 x 64
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
If you mean the Prophet, there's absolutely no question I'd keep the Prophet. Moog is fun and does incredibly cool things, but it's not terribly versatile, it's mono, and given how chordal/harmonic my music is I can't build a song up with it.

The Prophet is insanely versatile and has a sound that's perfect for mixing, the harmonics are so energetic and complex that it never needs eq, just set the filters right and it'll sit in the mix perfectly. It's my desert island synth, I'd let go of all the others if I had to but not the Prophet.

Yes indeed, another one is right around the corner and we'll keep them coming until we're done.

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about...

I would sit tight until you hear most of the major plugin devs giving this new OS the ok, it's a bit of a mess right now. We've been working non-stop to implement the 'notarization' that all apps/services need in place, but it's a pretty opaque process and none of our 30+ testers have Catalina installed yet so we're still kinda in the dark.

We'll definitely blast it from the heavens when we know we're 100% good to go.

Gregory Scott - ubk
so you used the prophet and the model d synths for the music? sounds aaaace! an album of cheesy or creepy 70's softerotic soundtrack would be awesome! :-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

This could be NPH syndrome, but no other saturation plugin I have, and I have many, can make low end content sound as good. I've been making it work up till now but this takes the work out of the equation! This is a game changer for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Now I want a Tweaker DSP like the Electra and Clariphonic dsp version !!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endor View Post
Now I want a Tweaker DSP like the Electra and Clariphonic dsp version !!!!
Oh hells yeah!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAde View Post
Testing it out, really wonderful. One question though: somebody up the thread commented to put it in dual mono mode. There is no such option on the plugin interface. Can somebody enlighten a poor cubase user?
Hi KAde. If you use 2 inserts in mono mode of the same plugin you can decide to use one for the left and one for the right channel. Obviously in a stereo track.

That's the way I do it in cubase 8.

Hope it helps. The picture attached is from the steinberg forum, take a look at where you have to change the default routing.

Best regards.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Borja, I got it running like that but I'm kinda wishing for a simple button to be perhaps added in an update? Don't know Kush's stance on such updates.

Hate to waste an insert slot, and not everybody uses Pro Tools and Logic etc.

Awesome sound by the way, but I need more testing!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
Novatron is my go-to compressor for track and mix bus. I'll A/B it with something else I think might work, but it's almost always Novatron. If nothing else, demo it. Well, only demo it if you're open to spending money
Off topic but was replied to by Gregg re Novatron, I can't demo it so if anyone has nothing better to do with their time! could you run this 1 minute clip through Novatron?

It's an outro from a demo, have included drum only, instrument only, and all in tracks for download.

any help appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/pickled-onions/sets/yea-ending
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickledPat View Post
Off topic but was replied to by Gregg re Novatron, I can't demo it so if anyone has nothing better to do with their time! could you run this 1 minute clip through Novatron?

It's an outro from a demo, have included drum only, instrument only, and all in tracks for download.

any help appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/pickled-onions/sets/yea-ending
What sort of settings do you want to hear?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
He also said on his most recent UBK Happy Fun Time podcast episode that he specifically needed 16 channels for a product Kush has coming out next year..............

I nearly had a heart attack. I've needed his perfect dry and tight, '70s drum sound for ages now. If he gives us great functionality in a virtual instrument I would freaking die.

I'd pay big bucks for it! You hear me, Greg!? BIG BUCKS
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search