The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Emvoice releases Emvoice One vocal synth and first full voice, Lucy
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Software Emvoice releases Emvoice One vocal synth and first full voice, Lucy

After years of development, we’ve just released Emvoice One (VST/AU), the world’s most realistic vocal synthesizer. The plugin itself is free to download and can access a limited range of notes until a full voice is purchased. Our first full voice, Lucy, is available to buy from today for $199 (plus VAT).

Emvoice One Features

• Deeply sampled Human vocal performances – no synthesis or physical modelling
  • DAW-style piano roll note editor – just type words for instant sung vocals
  • Sophisticated cloud-based engine recombines thousands of samples as you work
  • Lucy’s vocal range is two and a half octaves (E2 - A4)
  • Program realistic glissando and vibrato patterns
  • Breath sounds are generated to work realistically around programmed notes
  • Choose from pronunciation options or create your own words from phonemes
  • Export/Import entire project files of lyrics and notes
  • Runs as a VST/AU plugin directly in your DAW (AAX version coming soon)

How Emvoice One Works

Usually, vocal synths require complex modelling and synthesis techniques. The results can be impressive, but this technology has not yet reached a high level of realism, and has been stagnating for some time.

Emvoice takes a different approach. We’ve broken sung vocals down to the granular level, recording the elements that make up individual phonemes at multiple pitches. Thousands of samples are reconstructed by a sophisticated cloud-based engine that returns the complete vocal to your system over the internet, at lightning-fast speed. What you’re hearing when you listen to Emvoice One isn’t artificial – it’s a real singer’s voice, recombined to interpret your own words.

Thanks to Emvoice’s three layers of operation – the plugin, the engine and the dictionary – it’s simple to program notes and type words. Want to go deeper? You can tweak pronunciations and add your own to the user dictionary, program complex and nuanced vibrato, and enter individual English-language phonemes to create your own words or sounds.

Notes from the Emvoice One Beta

For the past year, Emvoice One and Lucy have been put to the test by our community of beta testers. You can find some examples in the playlist and the links below

Facebook Group: Emvoice Users // Emvoice on Youtube // Emvoice on Soundlcoud // Website // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
So, you've got to be connected to the internet to actually be able to use this? Sorry... that just kills it instantly.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc4rter View Post
So, you've got to be connected to the internet to actually be able to use this? Sorry... that just kills it instantly.
I have to agree with you on this. But, I suppose we're at the beginning stages of this sort of technology. They should offer an option to purchase the library, but I suppose they're trying to work around hackers and piracy, I suppose? With that said, I'll be waiting for the download version from them or someone else who comes along with a similar offering. This product could be pretty cool for background vocals, or an add-on to already tracked backgrounds to add some harmonic complexity.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Looks like wagtunes has some heavy competition.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedommer View Post
Looks like wagtunes has some heavy competition.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Perhaps a tad less vocaloidy but still sounds like a computer and, even through studio monitors, I can't tell what she's singing. Ah well! Keep trying guys. Maybe in another 10 years the technology might be able to handle generating a human-like voice but it aint there yet.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I’ve tried the demo, and it’s not bad at all. The quality of the one voice supplied ( Lucy) is comparable to what I’ve heard from Vocaloid. For supporting vocals buried in the background, it could work just as well.

BUT ,
IMHO ,the problem with your product is that you’re pricing it the same as your main competitor Vocaloid, which offers 4 different voices, tons of features for adjusting the expression, and most importantly, works offline.

If i was to buy a vocal syntesizer, at this point, i don’t see why i should go with your product instead of Vocaloid. I think you should price it more realistically, at least until you develop it enough to be comparable in features to Vocaloid.
It’s good to see more competition to Vocaloid which pretty much has all the market to itself, but selling it at the same price point while offering such limited features and restricting it to being online doesn’t sound like a good plan to me.
I hope you see this as constructive criticism , and not a diss to your effort in creating a viable product.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut
I got a good impression of 'Lucy' during the beta period, and I found programming her to sing what I had in mind rather straightforward.

Like Spaceman, I was seriously taken aback by the $199 asking price for a product that is obviously very much in development. For instance, the promised MIDI input is still vapourware.

I also voiced concerns at Emvoice's FB site over the fact that as a customer, I'm asked to buy a product that is entirely dependent on a functioning internet server, being run and maintained by a small developing company.

I guess we all have experiences of small companies with ambitious goals that have folded, for lack of funds, because the key person got sick, or whatever. With a downloaded product, even if development and maintenance stop dead in its tracks, you still have a working product until a new OS version breaks it.

But with Emvoice's business model, if anything should 'happen' – it's 200 bucks worth of Lucy down the drain, isn't it?

I'll stay on the fence, for the time being.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix View Post
I have to agree with you on this. But, I suppose we're at the beginning stages of this sort of technology. They should offer an option to purchase the library, but I suppose they're trying to work around hackers and piracy, I suppose? With that said, I'll be waiting for the download version from them or someone else who comes along with a similar offering. This product could be pretty cool for background vocals, or an add-on to already tracked backgrounds to add some harmonic complexity.
Not only has another offering come around, it's been here the whole while emvoice has been trying to do what they are still trying to do without the cloud crap that distracts them from the actual engine development. Paranoia will destroy ya!

www.synthesizerv.com

The English singer is Eleanor Forte.
Here is one that I did with it.

https://www.reverbnation.com/ronnier...t-with-elenore
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
Not only has another offering come around, it's been here the whole while emvoice has been trying to do what they are still trying to do without the cloud crap that distracts them from the actual engine development. Paranoia will destroy ya!

www.synthesizerv.com

I’ve actually tried SynhesizerV some time ago, and while it sits feature-wise between Emvoice and Vocaloid, and has a very reasonable price, i just couldn’t gel with EleanorForte’s voice. Something about it just sounded very weird no matter what parameters I’ve adjusted ( gender, breathiness, vibrato, etc..). I much prefer Lucy or the Vocaloid ones.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

sounds like a fecking weirdo singing
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post

www.synthesizerv.com

Sorry but this one is the worst imo. It's even a bit scary.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search