The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce AnyTesla - Audio Transformers unit.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Oh, pity for the use in the weekend
We'llvtry to have it done quickly, so we can start enjoying it in all possible uses.
Yeah it’s the weekend, relax, have a surf.
I’d rather have the Output trim on AnyTesla before this fix !!

Cheers
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
On some versions of Win they removed a runtime, yes. I can send you a link if you write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it
Please could you post here as I beleive Ill get a quicker repsonse, thanks
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

would like to try it, there is currently no demo, is that right?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
I’d rather have the Output trim on AnyTesla before this fix !!
Unbelievable. Hands down my favorite plugin on 2019
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
Ive since installed my iZotope plugins which install MS runtime libraries so my various hosts now see 33 of my sknote plugins except for Spectre.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
Here we go with the Win runtimes!

https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/down....aspx?id=30679
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

Thanks
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

There's an issue in FL where the plugin needs to have fixed sized buffers engaged otherwise the generated harmonics from the input stage and amplitude modulation from the compression are somewhat random.i wouldn't mind so much as it breaks FL's PDC when you have to engage that switch so i can't use it on a parallel track/presend currently

Working fine in Reaper though and i am not that bothered by the quirky GR meter(i never rely on them anyways)
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
There's an issue in FL where the plugin needs to have fixed sized buffers engaged otherwise the generated harmonics from the input stage and amplitude modulation from the compression are somewhat random.i wouldn't mind so much as it breaks FL's PDC when you have to engage that switch so i can't use it on a parallel track/presend currently

Working fine in Reaper though and i am not that bothered by the quirky GR meter(i never rely on them anyways)
Thanks, I don't know this subject and will look at it now.
The GR meters: so smooth here, I'm checking.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks, I don't know this subject and will look at it now.
The GR meters: so smooth here, I'm checking.
They personally do not bother me,but i imagine if somebody else has seen the same response,they might find it a bit lagged.as if there was a latency incurred before the meters actually respond to the gain reduction
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
They personally do not bother me,but i imagine if somebody else has seen the same response,they might find it a bit lagged.as if there was a latency incurred before the meters actually respond to the gain reduction
It could be because if the warped scale, because last ticks jump quite a lot. Let's check and get them perfect.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
A simple, nice trick I've found (as I might easily set it a tad too generously) : use a gain plugin before AnyTesla to compensate volume. That way it tames the effect nicely, and usually just enough to make it elegantly subtler.

Hence my FR Quinto : as well as the output trim, could you also add an input one please ?

I'm quite curious to know what's everyone thinking of that new one. To my ears, AnyTesla has a pretty impressive way to emphasize movement.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
A simple, nice trick I've found (as I might easily set it a tad too generously) : use a gain plugin before AnyTesla to compensate volume. That way it tames the effect nicely, and usually just enough to make it elegantly subtler.

Hence my FR Quinto : as well as the output trim, could you also add an input one please ?

I'm quite curious to know what's everyone thinking of that new one. To my ears, AnyTesla has a pretty impressive way to emphasize movement.
I've been padding input (uncompensated) by about -3db for better volume matching, and much prefer the sonic results than padding the output. Even on minimum settings, the overall drive structure within AT seems quite hot. I honestly can't imagine I will ever go beyond the -100% setting for any reasonable channel strip settings - xfo's are often the last thing in a circuit to reach clipping point, and lose their "beautification" qualities well before getting that far anyway. It's all about low-level harmonic enhancement here rather than peak clipping for me. As such I'm also getting into using AT with in/out padding that takes the clip point up to around +6dBfs or more (i.e, never clipping) and using other goodies for the more full-blown saturation elsewhere in the chain, as this sounds more "accurate" to my ears.

I would love the start freq control to have a, um, lower starting frequency (like 2Hz, even) and the Stress control to have a -200% or equivalent range. BUT any changes to the product will already be a bit of a risk for me, as AT is already all over a couple of potential releases I've just started. A seperate, more advanced/extended version would be the way forward IMO, even if it takes as long as, say, Disto-S....

Final thought: Pure audio sexy magic in combination with Wavearts Tube Saturator and Airwindows PowerSag. Cannot believe my ears!
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
Final thought: Pure audio sexy magic in combination with Wavearts Tube Saturator and Airwindows PowerSag. Cannot believe my ears!
Wavearts Tube Saturator version 1 (the one that they made freeware) or version 2?
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
Wavearts Tube Saturator version 1 (the one that they made freeware) or version 2?
The freeware/vintage one does sound best to my ears, but I also like the extra features and lower CPU of V2.

Amazing combo!
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Nut

Hey Quinto, any news about registration "copy ID" issue? It is only reminder I wrote you via email already.

Thank you
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear
Oh and by the way, at least at 96kHz, the Band parameter roughly equals (at least, results in) a 12dB/oct HPF with a slight bump (Q varies between 1.2 and 1 when matched via PluginDoctor with Crave EQ). It's a lot of fun to also EQ into AnyTesla. Really liking that thing.
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digipope View Post
Hey Quinto, any news about registration "copy ID" issue? It is only reminder I wrote you via email already.

Thank you
Sure, I'm on it.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
The freeware/vintage one does sound best to my ears, but I also like the extra features and lower CPU of V2.

Amazing combo!
Wavearts use machine ID registration processes. So they won't be supported by me with payments.
How about the free one? Is it DRM-free? Cheers
Old 9 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
Wavearts use machine ID registration processes. So they won't be supported by me with payments.
How about the free one? Is it DRM-free? Cheers
No it has C/R
Old 9 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3eM View Post
No it has C/R
Thank you. Sorry, what is C/R?
Old 9 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
Thank you. Sorry, what is C/R?
AFAIK, It's another name for Machine ID DRM, Challenge/Response ... the procedure when one create a 'Challenge' code and send that to what usually is a website to receive the 'Response' code or file which is the 'Key' to unlock the product. In short C/R.
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
Oh and by the way, at least at 96kHz, the Band parameter roughly equals (at least, results in) a 12dB/oct HPF with a slight bump (Q varies between 1.2 and 1 when matched via PluginDoctor with Crave EQ). It's a lot of fun to also EQ into AnyTesla. Really liking that thing.
It might look like a highpass filter but it doesn't behave like one.i think when i pointed out that "its not a highpass filter" some didnt quite understand what i meant.if you want to look at it naively the magnitude resoonse of a transformer core is idealised as a highpass filter with a set corner frequency(usually 20hz there abouts depending on the size of the core),but it does not behave like a highpass filter.you can stick low end before it and get that same response out if you EQ into it and not hit it hard.try and do that with any other filter,distortion,filter arrangement and look at the wonky response you get because of the actual highpass filter.PD may show you one thing but its not representative of what it is.just like all those crazy EQ boosts you see when you drive analog modelled distortion plugins are not actually occurring.long story short,PD sucks and its not really telling you anything of note with regards to this level of modelling.you cant take what you see at face value and from listening alone you should be able to tell that its not that and if you think all you hear is some transfer function with some passive stuff happening before it..i dunno what to tell you lol.then again most people thought that True Iron sounded like a transformer when driven and cant hear the difference between a simple waveshaping function and a properly modelled transformer(go figure)
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

This is one of those plugins I'm curious about, but there's just no way for me to satisfy the curiosity enough to make me want to buy it. The videos don't demonstrate much to me, and there's no way to demo it. I find some of the talk in this thread interesting, claims that this gets the transformer sound right much more than something like True Iron, and that very much peaks my interest. But without being able to hear this for myself to understand if it's actually an appreciable difference in approach from the plugins I already have it's a little hard to take the gamble. Even if it's only $30.
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3eM View Post
AFAIK, It's another name for Machine ID DRM, Challenge/Response ... the procedure when one create a 'Challenge' code and send that to what usually is a website to receive the 'Response' code or file which is the 'Key' to unlock the product. In short C/R.
Ah, okay. Thank you again.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search