The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce A25 - Classic Stereo Bus Compressor.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

SKnote announce A25 - Classic Stereo Bus Compressor.

After some time, we are back to emulation. While designing new concepts is amazing, there is something magic in emulation. That feeling of having more classic gear in your (virtual) rack is awesome.

A25 has been modeled after a beautiful stereo compressor, with a few "modern" add-ons:

- Sample aligned Dry-Wet control.
- Mid-Side balance control of action of the compressor (sets where the processing is done between Mid and Side components of the stereo field).
- True Auto-Gain, for easy level-matched comparison.
- Trhough-clipboard preset management system (copy and paste between instances).

It is also the first product we designed with a new vectorial interface, first step towards complete resizeability.

Comes with a set of presets, useful as a reference for everybody who never used this model.

We put quite some efforts to accurately model all aspects of the unit, from transformers to compression to filters.

Available NOW with a special launch offer: 29.99$ (all formats, including upcoming AAX-DSP!) (Regular 49.99$).

Coming as VST/AU/AAX and also AAX-DSP for Avid HDX and Venue live consoles!

Last edited by quintosardo; 6 days ago at 11:34 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Hopefully this is an API?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You’ve done a nice job with UI on this one.

Hope meter switchable to show gr/in/out. Usually that first ratio notch would read 1:5 rather than 1. Some interesting values for att/rel too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks good and hopefully it will sound good as well...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

*** Edit Black Friday over

Last edited by quintosardo; 6 days ago at 11:33 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
You’ve done a nice job with UI on this one.

Hope meter switchable to show gr/in/out. Usually that first ratio notch would read 1:5 rather than 1. Some interesting values for att/rel too.
The 1:5 would be great for vocals for example.

Quinto,
did you emulate the input as well as the output stage of that compressor plus all of its inner components? Cheers
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post

Quinto,
did you emulate the input as well as the output stage of that compressor plus all of its inner components? Cheers
+1 on this Quinto
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Uploading the files... :D

Offer extended to Dec 4th!
(Because we are slow).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quinto,
Sure, 1:5 is there (ignore the early preview and also consider there are no steps) and everything is modeled. Sounds great. Including its special features and a few we added, like that magic, true autogain and Mid/Side.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Sure, 1:5 is there (ignore the early preview and also consider there are no steps) and everything is modeled. Sounds great. Including its special features and a few we added, like that magic, true autogain and Mid/Side.
Oh wow, that sounds great. I really hope it´ll blow the API2500 from Waves away like dust

Can´t unfortunately check today. Maybe tomorror...I´ll report feedback and ofcourse a new feedback for the AnyTesla...got so few spare time at the moment :(
Cheers
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Uploading the files... :D

Offer extended to Dec 4th!
(Because we are slow).
Has the day you are uploading them changed to the 4th as well :D
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Has the day you are uploading them changed to the 4th as well :D
I wanted eagerly to check today too. But I'm more happy with a version which really can be called polished and finished to the last detail. For this I am willing to wait patiently another 6 months if its necessary.

Quinto, maybe it's better not to announce release dates any more???
Cheers, have a great Christmas time
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I wanted eagerly to check today too. But I'm more happy with a version which really can be called polished and finished to the last detail. For this I am willing to wait patiently another 6 months if its necessary.

Cheers, have a great Christmas time
Yeah he really shouldn't make announcements.especially not "uploading in a few hours"3 days ago
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Yeah he really shouldn't make announcements.especially not "uploading in a few hours"3 days ago
Maybe it's a 500TB upload?
Jokes aside. I would be glad already about an announcement like "we are working an something new" without any further information about release and whatnot. When it's done it's done and maybe it'll be a surprise then. I don't like schedules anyway.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The code to update the database adding A25 to AnyTesla owners killed the web developer on Friday night

Coming out now...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Call those "insights", not announcements. We go as fast as we can (abit more than that actually, probably we should slow down a bit )

Apologies for this delay, it is coming out today. We tortured the web developer, he needs some rest.

Christmas? Actually we spent this Sunday swimming in the sea... not properly Christmas feeling :D
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Call those "insights", not announcements. We go as fast as we can (abit more than that actually, probably we should slow down a bit )

Apologies for this delay, it is coming out today. We tortured the web developer, he needs some rest.

Christmas? Actually we spent this Sunday swimming in the sea... not properly Christmas feeling :D
Haha, please have mercy with them, they are humans after all. You should let them out of the moistured, dripping and dark cold dungeon for about 15minutes every two days. And don´t forget to feed them.

I think we all can take a little rest those days .

Wow. Bathing in Italian sea Enjoy
Old 1 week ago
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Software

Suddenly it has appeared behind my Christmas calendar door today. I'll report very much later this day / night
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A25 should be on all AnyTesla owners personal pages now

Loooving it, really. Recording a first quick video with it on drums.

AAX coming in a couple more days.

Last edited by quintosardo; 1 week ago at 12:42 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quinto, it sounds like the lows are heavily filtered @ 96kHz (OSX 10.14.6 / VST2.4), and PluginDoctor seems to confirm it. Here's a screenshot at default settings.
Attached Thumbnails
SKnote announce A25 - Classic Stereo Bus Compressor.-capture-d-ecran-2019-12-03-10.39.23.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
Quinto, it sounds like the lows are heavily filtered @ 96kHz (OSX 10.14.6 / VST2.4), and PluginDoctor seems to confirm it. Here's a screenshot at default settings.
Thanks a lot, checking now

***EDIT
Found, please download it again.

Last edited by quintosardo; 1 week ago at 12:40 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Okaaaaaay, Mr. Quinto. It can´t be a coincidence that you name starts with a Q like Q in James Bond, the gadget man who always surprises in making monster things that rock. You did it too.

I compared them in every possible way and used all of the different values, while keeping unity gain staging the same volume. It´s important to know that the value ranges of both plugin differs. A25 for example has a faster attack/release-time. So I matched both to the ranges and values where they equal.

In comparison...
...A25 is much much more transparent
...A25 sounds more brilliant in mid- and highrange, without ever getting brittle or digitally nasty.
...A25 feels more articulated
...A25 is keeping a very nice bottom end

In general...
...the higher you compress/drive, the more artificial Waves API2500 sounds
...the higher you compress/drive, even at maximum values, the A25 still sounds stable and cool in a dynamic and musical way
...the API 2500 from Waves sounds stiff, thin and doesn´t really glue the material together

In conclusion...
...the A25 has a great vibe, has a dynamic behavoir and feels and acts proportional constant in a natural way.
...the A25 glues and the more audio you drive into it, the more of it´s nice character is revealed.
...I think the A25 is an excellent emulation of a classic piece of vintage gear.

The verdict
This A25 piece of code is next level to my ears. I am so glad I can say that. This baby rocks. During the comparison, the Waves API 2500 appeared pale and sounded outdated in every aspect. I finally can state that the A25 not only blows away my mind, but also the renown API2500 by Waves in each and every detail. The A25 is capable of going far beyond what that "decade-old" merciless overhyped piece of rot is capable of.

Thank you Quinto

Sorry Waves. My rating for your BS-companies policies and vintage emulations is:

Please Quinto, re-consider your decision and make your plugins DRM-free again. That´s my biggest christmas-wish in your direction.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
early stages of testing but am very impressed by this so far. thick, heavy compression - snappy, fast compression - transparent mix bus thickening and maximizing - seems to do all of the above very quickly and convincingly. the stereo linking controls are super useful and easy to hear and dial in. CPU hit is tiny. bravo, quinto!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
A25 should be on all AnyTesla owners personal pages now
I'm Still waiting for it, why is that?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

How about comparisons with the UAD API 2500? Can someone do that please?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
How about comparisons with the UAD API 2500? Can someone do that please?
Nope
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Only thing I can say already : TrackComp 2's 2k5 is cleaner than A25, thus both sounds great yet quite different. Never heard a real 2500 though.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioK9 View Post
I'm Still waiting for it, why is that?
Q is doing them manually. When did you buy AT? I just got A25 in my account and bought AT about 48 hours ago. Worth that wait I'm sure.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Q is doing them manually. When did you buy AT? I just got A25 in my account and bought AT about 48 hours ago. Worth that wait I'm sure.
Got it - thanks for the heads up.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search