The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Zodiak "Tilt-n-Filter" equalizer from Buzz Audio
Old 1 week ago

The Zodiak "Tilt-n-Filter" equalizer from Buzz Audio

Equalize a different way...

We are proud to introduce the Zodiak "Tilt-n-Filter" dual channel eq, a new concept in equalisation aimed at processing individual instruments and vocal tracks. The Zodiak idea is the brain child of music engineer Zak Cohen, and it is based on a series of eq plug-ins Zak would routinely set up to process music tracks inside his DAW. The Zodiak reproduces this concept with the same series of eq elements - but in the analogue domain so it can used ahead of the DAW input.

The main element of this design is the Baxandall style Tilt eq circuit, combined with selectable high and low cut filters and a parametric mid range control. This combination of eq elements creates a new versatile sound shaping tool that is easy to use producing natural and musical results.

The Zodiak caters for a wide range of applications that would otherwise require multiple processors. What's more - the Zodiak is available with three different signal path options to suit your taste and budget.

From | US$1575 | €1495 | £1270 | Now shipping.

Learn more >>>

Cheers
Tim Farrant

Available with black or silver face plate.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zodiak "Tilt-n-Filter" equalizer from Buzz Audio-zodiakblackmedium.jpg   The Zodiak "Tilt-n-Filter" equalizer from Buzz Audio-zodiaksilvermedium.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This looks glorious. Nice work, Tim.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Beautiful!
love the fact that there are three options available.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

definitely interested, yet i will wait to hear some samples before jumping in.
Old 1 week ago
Nice looking unit. I love the workflow Zak describes.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

This looks amazing! I've got my eye on this for a quick and easy tracking EQ, among other things.
Old 1 week ago
ahhh so cool! Excited to hear what people have to say about this in use...
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Tim, any sound samples to share? Couldn't find any (yet) on your web site. Thanks, looks cool!
Old 5 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErezW View Post
Tim, any sound samples to share? Couldn't find any (yet) on your web site. Thanks, looks cool!
Hi, working on it, will post as soon as we have some.
Thanks
Tim.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Farrant View Post
Equalize a different way...

We are proud to introduce the Zodiak "Tilt-n-Filter" dual channel eq, a new concept in equalisation aimed at processing individual instruments and vocal tracks. The Zodiak idea is the brain child of music engineer Zak Cohen, and it is based on a series of eq plug-ins Zak would routinely set up to process music tracks inside his DAW. The Zodiak reproduces this concept with the same series of eq elements - but in the analogue domain so it can used ahead of the DAW input.

The main element of this design is the Baxandall style Tilt eq circuit, combined with selectable high and low cut filters and a parametric mid range control. This combination of eq elements creates a new versatile sound shaping tool that is easy to use producing natural and musical results.

The Zodiak caters for a wide range of applications that would otherwise require multiple processors. What's more - the Zodiak is available with three different signal path options to suit your taste and budget.

From | US$1575 | €1495 | £1270 | Now shipping.

Learn more >>>

Cheers
Tim Farrant

Available with black or silver face plate.
Congratz Tim!!
Looks like a very nice and versatile unit from both a tracking and mixing perspective! Nice touch with the IC's and discrete opamps!

I happen to like the black version better, I also think that it might be easier to read in low light conditions, due to the white markings.

Few thoughts, just looking at the unit, are:

- Having the marks for the high frequencies (for the mid band) in a different colour, like red light blue or yellow or something quite visible on black (or the same colour as the LED switch button) might help with readiblity since the markings looks rather tiny.. Maybe I'd have gone with a slightly smaller boost/cut knob and bigger freq selector one..

Also maybe having dual concentric pots/switches for the mid band, so that you could boost or cut the lower and higher band indipendently and contemporarly while choosing 2 different freqs at any time, if wanted..
might be a custom upgrade..? (Although I'm sure it adds to the costs of the unit..)
- lower pot/switch does the lower band, higher the higher ones, same with the boost/cut.

Please don't take these as criticism, are just the first thoughts I had when looking at the unit..
I'm sure it sounds very nice as basically everything you design/do.

I wish you all the best with this product.. Looks like very well priced and well though out!

kudos to you!

Cheu
Old 3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Congratz Tim!!
Looks like a very nice and versatile unit from both a tracking and mixing perspective! Nice touch with the IC's and discrete opamps!

I happen to like the black version better, I also think that it might be easier to read in low light conditions, due to the white markings.

Few thoughts, just looking at the unit, are:

- Having the marks for the high frequencies (for the mid band) in a different colour, like red light blue or yellow or something quite visible on black (or the same colour as the LED switch button) might help with readiblity since the markings looks rather tiny.. Maybe I'd have gone with a slightly smaller boost/cut knob and bigger freq selector one..

Also maybe having dual concentric pots/switches for the mid band, so that you could boost or cut the lower and higher band indipendently and contemporarly while choosing 2 different freqs at any time, if wanted..
might be a custom upgrade..? (Although I'm sure it adds to the costs of the unit..)
- lower pot/switch does the lower band, higher the higher ones, same with the boost/cut.

Please don't take these as criticism, are just the first thoughts I had when looking at the unit..
I'm sure it sounds very nice as basically everything you design/do.

I wish you all the best with this product.. Looks like very well priced and well though out!

kudos to you!

Cheu
Thanks for the feed back Cheu. Obviously it is a bit late to incorporate any changes, but we have put quite a lot of thought into this product, and the idea here is to keep it simple but incredibly useful. Concentric pots are expensive, and available from only a very few number of manufacturers these days, so they are out of the question for a product in this price range. Once you learn the front panel and controls, it will be a breeze to use the Zodiak I'm sure!!

Tim.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search