The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Synchro Arts releases Revoice Pro 4.2
Old 1 week ago
News Desk Editor

Synchro Arts releases Revoice Pro 4.2

Synchro Arts Release Revoice Pro 4.2

Synchro Arts, the makers of VocALign, release 4.2 update to their flagship pitch & timing toolbox, Revoice Pro 4.

Featured in 4.2 are numerous new features and enhancements including Automatic Scale Detection, further Warp / Pitch Editing improvements and Formant Shifting. In addition, Revoice Pro's internal signal processing is now performed using 32 or 64-bit float values.

What's New in 4.2:
  • Automatic Scale Detection: The Warp function menu now includes the option to 'Detect Scale'. When applied, Revoice Pro 4 will analyse the selected audio, determine the musical scale and corrected notes can be snapped to the corresponding pitches
  • Warp Improvements: Editing tools and the context menu have been streamlined to speed up workflow e.g. the part of note used to calculate the average pitch can be adjusted for better results
  • Formant Shifting: With Revoice Pro 4.2 it's now possible to shift the formants of a performance to change its timbre or colour without affecting the pitch or timing
  • Other Changes Include: Internal signal processing is now performed using 32 or 64-bit float values, Revoice Plug-ins will support audio with levels greater than 0dB (If supported by the DAW) and ARA is now faster with larger sessions

Existing Revoice Pro 4 owners can download 4.2 now for free.

Until 18th November, Synchro Arts are offering new Revoice Pro customers a 30% discount and owners of previous Revoice Pro versions & VocALign users can save 40% on upgrades to Revoice Pro 4.

More info can be found here - https://www.synchroarts.com/blog/exc...evoice-pro-4-2
Attached Thumbnails
Synchro Arts releases Revoice Pro 4.2-unnamed-3-.png  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Great update!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Good timing - just got this on trial. Trying to decide between this or Melodyne as i need a step up from Logics Flex Pitch.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

If you get Revoice Pro 4 can you download and use Vocalign Pro on the same licence or does Revoice Pro 4 include the Vocalign tools within the same plugin etc? Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
If you get Revoice Pro 4 can you download and use Vocalign Pro on the same licence or does Revoice Pro 4 include the Vocalign tools within the same plugin etc? Cheers.
No, actually you have absolutely no benefits regarding Vocalign Project or Pro which is a shame, since you have an upgrade path from them to Revoice.
To me, it makes little sense the upgrade path goes in only one direction.

Here's what they answer me regarding that question:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us. The best way for you do achieve this is to wait for one of our sales which we hold from time to time during the year. Please sign up to our mailing list at https://www.synchroarts.com/store/ to receive details of these.

You can also download FREE 14 day trials of our products here https://www.synchroarts.com/downloads/."
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by casiotone View Post
No, actually you have absolutely no benefits regarding Vocalign Project or Pro which is a shame, since you have an upgrade path from them to Revoice.
To me, it makes little sense the upgrade path goes in only one direction.

Here's what they answer me regarding that question:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us. The best way for you do achieve this is to wait for one of our sales which we hold from time to time during the year. Please sign up to our mailing list at https://www.synchroarts.com/store/ to receive details of these.

You can also download FREE 14 day trials of our products here https://www.synchroarts.com/downloads/."
Yeah that doesn't make any sense at all as if you upgraded and traded in your Vocalign Pro licence to get Revoice Pro 4, you would have to get another Vocalign Pro licence...
So there is no point in the upgrade path at all and Revoice Pro 4 should just be sold as a separate product from the Vocaligns from what I can gather.

Edit: If anyone has any information/experience on how good the time alignment is within Revoice Pro 4 as compared to that of Vocalign Pro I would be grateful. Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have both and the alignment is roughly about the same. Vocalign is quicker and simpler to use in ProTools, so if aligning is all you are going to do, go Vocalign. But if you only get one, make it Revoice. I use that 95 percent of the times. It is very powerful if you put time into it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
I have both and the alignment is roughly about the same. Vocalign is quicker and simpler to use in ProTools, so if aligning is all you are going to do, go Vocalign. But if you only get one, make it Revoice. I use that 95 percent of the times. It is very powerful if you put time into it.
Thanks, I have Melodyne and Autotune for pitch correction so it is mainly the time alignment algorithms I am after with this one. It's just that because Revoice Pro 4 is currently on offer for around the same price as Vocalign Pro, it made me think of maybe getting that instead.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you don't mind a bit more work, RV is a lot more then just aligning. I happily take a bit of pitch alignment at the same time as the time alignment for vocal dubs. Why not, like? :D
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Yeah that doesn't make any sense at all as if you upgraded and traded in your Vocalign Pro licence to get Revoice Pro 4, you would have to get another Vocalign Pro licence...
So there is no point in the upgrade path at all and Revoice Pro 4 should just be sold as a separate product from the Vocaligns from what I can gather.

Edit: If anyone has any information/experience on how good the time alignment is within Revoice Pro 4 as compared to that of Vocalign Pro I would be grateful. Thanks.
I didn't knew that you had to surrender the license for the upgrade path. That's not very clear.
So, yeah, either way it's not very usefull
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
If you don't mind a bit more work, RV is a lot more then just aligning. I happily take a bit of pitch alignment at the same time as the time alignment for vocal dubs. Why not, like? :D
This feature has saved me weeks upon weeks of my life
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Can anyone explain to me what the benefit is of the new processing options of 32 and 64 bit float? Im on Logic Pro X so anything i record is going to be 24bit and anything going back in is going to be 24 bit (i think?!)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Just bought this whilst the sale is on. Hoping this will also give me days of my life back! Feel like there will be a bit of a learning curve but mainly interested in the automated process of alignment of BV stacks with tuning. Worked really fast on the quick demo I tried - especially in Studio One.

How would RV Pro work aligning sporadic harmony/dubs to a lead guide track if the harm/dubs only appear during select parts e.g. during 1st and third lines of chorus? Does anybody do this?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search