The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NoiseAsh updates Need 31102 Console EQ to v1.2.6
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Harisson 32C give us the EQ alone and that will be already a gift !!!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseAsh View Post
Hi, thank you so much for the suggestions.

What about SSL or 1073? Can we add those models to the list too?

I'm just trying to learn your ideas about the famous models that have been modeled by lot's of companies. No need to model new one?
Api compressor and eqs...cl1b to the list also
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseAsh View Post
Hi, thank you so much for the suggestions.

What about SSL or 1073? Can we add those models to the list too?

I'm just trying to learn your ideas about the famous models that have been modeled by lot's of companies. No need to model new one?
Since the need 31102 is kind of aggressive, a smooth 1073 would be great too.
Anything from you guys, I'll probably buy anyway !
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick2630 View Post
Since the need 31102 is kind of aggressive, a smooth 1073 would be great too.
Anything from you guys, I'll probably buy anyway !
I don't think there's such a thing. All those Neve EQs from the old days are kind of abrasive and aggressive (specially the 1073!)
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Another vote for API here.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

A non-UAD 33609?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I don't think there's such a thing. All those Neve EQs from the old days are kind of abrasive and aggressive (specially the 1073!)
Yeah, i know, I meant that this perticular plugin is agressive for a neve émulation compared to uad or Burnley for exemple.
But yes they are all bold and agressive.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
This right here. Not a good one out except maybe Volko eq set but it does not model saturation. Api eq and compressor plug in form I'll be a happy camper
Volko Audio's API emulations are very underrated. I blame the GUI.

They are all over my large mixes because they sip processing power and sound fantastic.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Volko Audio's API emulations are very underrated. I blame the GUI.

They are all over my large mixes because they sip processing power and sound fantastic.
They sound great they are always my first choice when I need some quick eqs that sound good. No saturation but the curves are wonderful, u can literally boost to max and they never get harsh, just smooth.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

dramastic obsidian stereo compressor please
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Harrison 32C EQ (Like Acqua's Honey)
Avedis E27 (Check PSP's version)
API

What I don't need/want is any SSL EQ emu 8-)

GUIs similar form factors to above + ICON support for AAX please!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Look into modeling Aengus equalizers if you can find any. Sylvia Massy bought a bunch of them. Ross Hogarth too. Must be something special.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Look into modeling Aengus equalizers if you can find any. Sylvia Massy bought a bunch of them. Ross Hogarth too. Must be something special.
They very much are !!!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
Pye?
It seems like asking for a Pye compressor has become kind of a joke every time a vintage modeling plugin company asks what they should do next, and yet the only one around right now is the one from Waves. So if it's so in demand and asked for to the point of being a joke why hasn't another company tried to take this one on? I know I'd love one. I feel like I might be missing something.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Please no SSL, 1176 and vari Mu compressors they been beat to death. No real API and although softube does CL1b there's no competition so a new competitor would be welcomed especially from you guys
Old 22 hours ago
Gear Head

Does this plugin have bypass per band?
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jackson View Post
Does this plugin have bypass per band?
Not to sound like an ass but if you’re asking this have you ever used as Neve? I get why you might want that but that’d take away from the Neve charm and mojo modelling.

Wiggy
Old 15 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Not to sound like an ass but if you’re asking this have you ever used as Neve? I get why you might want that but that’d take away from the Neve charm and mojo modelling.

Wiggy
Given two plugins that sound almost as good as each other, I will pick the one that saves me time.

One of the great things about software is that you can add workflow enhancing features that don’t exist in the hardware. Waves, for example, have done this with most of their EQs and I now use Band bypass so often that I find plugins that don’t have it to be “clunky” and a bit slow. It’s just a personal preference.

It wouldn’t take anything away from the Neve charm if you don’t use it. And if you’re suggesting that it would spoil the look of the plugin, then I think you’ve got your priorities a bit wrong.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search