The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Customised Mackie Control with DAW Sync and Full Plug-in Control
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Envy. Logic user.

Is the MCU in 2020 still the best Logic controller under 5 grand? After all that time...?
Damn.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.staettler View Post
Envy. Logic user.

Is the MCU in 2020 still the best Logic controller under 5 grand? After all that time...?
Damn.
I think the OP is talking about the actually MCU protocol rather then the MCU hardware. I think the MCU hardware used a protocol derived from HUI. so MCU became a standard protocol which Mackie made for any vendor to use. Emagic then did something with Mackie and made the Logic Control ?. I think it might have had a modified MCU protocol but then, Emagic / Logic had a firmware update which could have the Logic Control also switch into MCU mode. something along those lines. but I think the OP is using the XTouch running in MCU mode in this case.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Marginally within the time promised

Here's the first proper overview vid for QMap.
I'm going to add one per day, and this first one is on plugin control.

These are made from the perspective of seeing it from the ground up,
but also for people that might not be familiar with Studio One.

All the functionality and features will be covered so check back for the others

Once you've seen them all, you'll know exactly what it can do and if it will help your workflow.

(The website mentioned is actually still under construction It'll start going up tonight/tomorrow).

Overview 1 : Plugin Control:

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
I think the OP is using the XTouch running in MCU mode in this case.
Remember that when you put a device into MCU mode, all this does is lock the midi addresses and cc/sysex data for the hardware controls to those pre-defined by the Mackie Control protocol standard.
The actual implementation of the mode is done via xml surface files and JavaScript.

QMap is a combination of workflow ideology, modified scripts, specific Studio One settings and 20 purpose-built macros integrated into the map.
These custom macros glue the whole thing together and overcome software obstacles that would otherwise make it impossible.

The base map will be free, and fully functional, but this will come with the default skin/osd, no plugin map library, no extra custom macros and no physical graphic overlay.

If you buy the package which includes all the above, then your installer will also have a unique id which will allow you to migrate your map to another computer/controller without conflicts/overwriting.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Remember that when you put a device into MCU mode, all this does is lock the midi addresses and cc/sysex data for the hardware controls to those pre-defined by the Mackie Control protocol standard.
The actual implementation of the mode is done via xml surface files and JavaScript.

QMap is a combination of workflow ideology, modified scripts, specific Studio One settings and 20 purpose-built macros integrated into the map.
These custom macros glue the whole thing together and overcome software obstacles that would otherwise make it impossible.

The base map will be free, and fully functional, but this will come with the default skin/osd, no plugin map library, no extra custom macros and no physical graphic overlay.

If you buy the package which includes all the above, then your installer will also have a unique id which will allow you to migrate your map to another computer/controller without conflicts/overwriting.
thanks for the explanation. I use a few MCU based signals with my setup but not many. just really for cursor based navigation. it's with a different DAW, though the protocol is universal. but in any case, I understand the work you must have put in, so I wish you the best of luck with it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search