The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Audio Now Shipping SuperRack
Old 29th October 2019
News Desk Editor

Waves Audio Now Shipping SuperRack

Waves Audio Now Shipping SuperRack-superrack.jpg

Waves Audio Now Shipping SuperRack, the Next Generation of Plugin Processing Software for Live Sound and Broadcast

Knoxville, TN, October 29, 2019 — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and leading maker of audio plugins for mixing, music production, mastering, sound design, broadcast, post-production and live sound, is now shipping Waves SuperRack, the next generation of plugin processing software for live sound and broadcast engineers. This cutting-edge plugin rack lets users run up to 128 audio channels through multiple instances of Waves plugins with near-zero latency and offers endless customization options that make it easy for you to tailor the application to your very own mixing workflow.

SuperRack operates in a SoundGrid® Audio-over-Ethernet network, processing audio on a dedicated SoundGrid DSP server, which moves plugin processing from the host computer to an external DSP server in order to significantly increase plugin count, minimize latency, and enable the host and I/O devices to be far apart from each other while accommodating the most complex setups.

SuperRack is a natural extension of your mixing console, designed from the ground up for quick setup time, flexible touch-friendly workspace and unlimited workflow customization. FOH, monitor, broadcast, and AV engineers can now run plugins in real time, customize their workspace with floating windows, set extended-scope snapshots, and run any live show with more speed and confidence than ever before.

Features:
  • View and control multiple plugin instances simultaneously
  • Multitouch-friendly graphic interface
  • Expand your workspace to up to four monitors
  • Easily tweak small plugin parameters with a “Touch & Slide” fader
  • Quickly access up to 12 plugins per snapshot via the Hot Plugins panel
  • Map application and plugin controls to MIDI & computer keyboard for quick hands-on access
  • Switch inputs and outputs while maintaining processing chains
  • Adjust multiple racks simultaneously with the “Linking” function
  • Share SoundGrid I/Os in a network to build complex setups
  • Selectively recall snapshots via extended scope filter
  • Comprehensive device and network monitoring
  • Advanced latency alignment management
  • Host mirroring (DiGiCo) and DSP server redundancy

Videos:
Introducing Waves SuperRack: https://youtu.be/I0Od0h69XIM
Waves SuperRack Overview – Advanced Plugin Rack Tailored to Your Workflow: https://youtu.be/tzY3apqm2bQ

To learn more, visit www.waves.com/SuperRack.
Attached Thumbnails
Waves Audio Now Shipping SuperRack-superrack.jpg  
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear

Waves Super Rack

Waves Audio New Product Announcement

SuperRack - a natural extension of your mixing console.

Designed for quick setup time, flexible touch-friendly workspace, and unlimited workflow customization, it enables FOH, monitor, broadcast, and AV engineers to run any show with confidence.

- View and control multiple plugin instances simultaneously

- Multitouch-friendly graphic interface

- Expand your workspace to up to four monitors

- Easily tweak small plugin parameters with a ‘Touch & Slide’ fader

- Quickly access up to 12 plugins per snapshot via the Hot Plugins panel

- Map application and plugin controls to MIDI & computer keyboard for quick hands-on access

- Switch inputs and outputs while maintaining processing chains

- Adjust multiple racks simultaneously with the ‘Linking’ function

- Share SoundGrid I/Os in a network to build complex setups

- Selectively recall snapshots via scope filter

- Comprehensive device and network monitoring

- Advanced latency alignment management

- Host mirroring (DiGiCo) and DSP server redundancy

waves.alzt.net/qq205
Old 29th October 2019
News Desk Editor

Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

Is this a plugin also (to replace StudioRack)? If so is it AAX DSP?
Old 31st October 2019
Lives for gear

I would like to know that too... Also experiences on how to use this in a mixing studio scenario, with Pro Tools and with digital live mixers?
Old 31st October 2019
Gear Head

I just bought it last night. It's a $200 upgrade if you already own Multirack. I didnt know that at first and i posted a nasty about it...hence the deleted post above.

In my opinion, SuperRack is basically a replacement for MultiRack Soundgrid, with more of an LV1 feel.

The routing is much, much better than MultiRack, but still some areas of clumsiness for setup or the actual Racks I/O.

I am using 2 computers. One for Mercury+ with SuperRack, and the other is my DAW. I chose to run it that way so SuperRack is portable, as that computer was built with a case for transporting it with LV1. (I use to own LV1, but sold it a little too hot on the trigger).

Anyway, I may report back after I get more time to play around with it.

If you are a MultiRack Soundgrid user, this is so worth the $200 upgrade.
Old 31st October 2019
Lives for gear

Can you designate one of your own computers to act as DSP server or do you need to use a Waves DSP server?
Old 31st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ufo~ View Post
Can you designate one of your own computers to act as DSP server or do you need to use a Waves DSP server?
+1
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ufo~ View Post
It is just like LV1 or Multirack Soundgrid, you need a DSP Server, if you want to maximize the low latency plugin performance. Otherwise, it is probably about like MultiRack native. I have not tried it like that, since I have an Extreme Server.

Edit: I wanted to clarify...you do not need a DSP server to patch routes. You will basically be like Soundgrid Studio then, without a DSP Server. I actually think it is cleaner to use than SoundGrid studio's v9, even without a server.

Last edited by Synetos; 3 weeks ago at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Correction
Old 2nd November 2019
Lives for gear

I can't find an upgrade option from Multirack in my account. How have you managed to upgrade to SuperRack?
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobymusic View Post
I can't find an upgrade option from Multirack in my account. How have you managed to upgrade to SuperRack?
Email the sales team and they will send you a coupon code. It's how I had to get mine for the $200. Some got an email. I never got an email.
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Head

BTW~ If you are a MultiRack SoundGrid user, you are gonna love SuperRack!

I am so digging it. Much, much easier to work with. Lot's more devices. Easier routing, etc.

It is definitely worth the $200 upgrade.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search