The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mac OS X Korg DW-8000 Programmer
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Mac OS X Korg DW-8000 Programmer

Having a need, I wrote a Mac OS Korg DW-8000 editor, 64 bit.

Requirements: Mac OS X 10.11+, 1200 x 800 screen resolution. DW-8000 or EX-8000, and a MIDI interface with In/Out cables, handshake is required. This is a standalone application, code signed.

Info:

Has the usual needs covered and offers some hopefully cool extras like faux wave-sequencing (random or stepped wave selects) and sample and hold emulation (random filter/rez). Check out the movie at bottom of the linked download page.

With the kind permission of Bryan Ressler, the program also includes some nice sysex batches, and it's smart enough to download and upload in the unique and necessary DW midi sysex formats.

Some features :
  1. Offers presets of Delay settings, and you can also copy and paste those between programs, or save and load them
  2. Wav/MP3 player with volume control for loading patches the 'audio' way
  3. Build in keyboard, can play from that, the Mac keypad, a MIDI Controller, or the DW-8000
  4. Built in Help
  5. Single-operation program swap -- exchange patches from one location to another
  6. Copy a patch, paste to another location

Can store any current patch buffer as a patch to disk and re-upload, and then write if you like it or download/write any batch of 64.

Q: Any Windows version?

A: No, sorry, am not able. (please try Unisynth or Ctrlr)

Q: Any DW-6000 version?

A: DW-6000 support awaits testing and will be in an upcoming version.

Should work fine with EX-8000 as-is.

Has been tested with MIDISport 2x2 and Audiobox USB Presonus 'class-compliant' bombastic-packeted USB interface. So should work with your interfaces too, I hope.

Anyway, might help out the Mac crowd some. Offered as "try all you want before you donate-ware" and would be nice if such were supported (assuming it works for you).

For more information and download:

http://www.artlythere.com/midival.html

Thanks much,

Artly There Software
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's very cool that you did this, my DW8000 is currently defunct but as soon as I get it repaired I'll be excited to play around with your program. I'm sure there'll be several people excited about this...

Regards,
John
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watersound View Post
It's very cool that you did this, my DW8000 is currently defunct but as soon as I get it repaired I'll be excited to play around with your program. I'm sure there'll be several people excited about this...

Regards,
John

Thanks John. Hope you can get yours back up and working.

The program really expedites the patch creation and saving, and the wave sequence can make for some trippy sounds.

I have a 'random' option in the Delay section already, but hope to have a random full-patch generator done soon.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

my 8000 is in the midst of a full button replacement.. will try asap! this is great as I love the 8000.. does things my Moog One won't. It's so 1985...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgkeys View Post
my 8000 is in the midst of a full button replacement.. will try asap! this is great as I love the 8000.. does things my Moog One won't. It's so 1985...
Moog One, nice.

Will be adding a chord memory feature soon as I can get that worked out right.

Robert
Artly There
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Donated! Great job! Put my machine back together for the afternoon, pulling my set of custom programs off now :-) ready to try some new banks. Any chance of a double size/resizable version?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Donated! Great job! Put my machine back together for the afternoon, pulling my set of custom programs off now :-) ready to try some new banks. Any chance of a double size/resizable version?
Thank you so much for the kindness of the donation! I hope it works well for you.

What resolution do prefer to run at?

My bias is my age and older eyes, so I run at "scaled" usually, but can see it might be too small if you are running at full Retina, etc...will see what I can do to make it better adapted for the higher resolutions.

Can contact me here or email here if any problems.

Thank you again for supporting the program.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I suppose I could scale up as well.. My main monitor is an iMac 5K which I think is at the double resolution of 2560x1440. But my eyes are old as well :-) anything bigger would be useful.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
I suppose I could scale up as well.. My main monitor is an iMac 5K which I think is at the double resolution of 2560x1440. But my eyes are old as well :-) anything bigger would be useful.
I developed MIDIval on a 5K 2017 iMac 27", but do run it on the 'Scaled' option and then 'Larger Text' option vs Default

In that mode it takes up the whole screen.

Will see what I can do to make it more hospitable to the native resolutions.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
anything bigger would be useful.
Main UI scaling implementation almost complete. Will offer choice of 1x (current), 1.5x, or 2x larger, will advise when done, or can check for newer version (Help menu) in a few days hopefully.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Main UI scaling implementation almost complete. Will offer choice of 1x (current), 1.5x, or 2x larger, will advise when done, or can check for newer version (Help menu) in a few days hopefully.
MIDIval v1.2.0 has been uploaded with new UI Resize feature (Mode Menu...set, then quit app, re-run, the pref will be remembered afterwards).

Fixed some channel validation in the MIDI routines, so if no function, check channel popup is set to match as to Param 84, and otherwise, Param 86 set to Omni.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Got the donations ready for when it supports the dw-6000. Do you think its far away?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Got the donations ready for when it supports the dw-6000. Do you think its far away?
ZiggyZag,

Had it ready for a while but my tester never replied.

I put it out there anyway with v1.2.0, in case it helped.

So give MIDIval a download, connect up the In/Out cables, run MIDIval (Control + Open or Right Click + open if GateKeeper balks), then go to Mode Menu: DW-6000. Set, and optionally change the size if the UI is too small also, at that time. (middle setting first)

Then QUIT the program, and re-run it again. You'll be in DW-6000 mode from then on until you change it again.

Next go to: MIDI Menu: Connect DW to: (your port)

If you see the DW icon in upper right go from red/yellow flashing to solid Green, you're on the way. Try MIDI Test Synth (1 second test) If not, ever, let me know. Sometimes a quit and re-try fixes it up.

Next change "Edit Disabled" in the popup top left to "11" or another patch...if sliders sync, you're almost there. (Mini keyboard or keyboard typing should already be working)

But not all is assured yet.

That is because 9 parameters of DW 6000 share bytes, unlike the DW 8000 where they're one-off per parameter.

So I have to dump request the params, split to 2, assign, then remerge 2 values on any parameter change & send for those particular ones.

Try the sliders for MG and then set individual wave forms...

If all that works and any singular change doesn't change other params, (Sync to Buffer can confirm status) it works.

Contact if needing more information/help/report
Robert
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search