The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Strymon announces Iridium Amp & IR Cab Pedal
Old 14 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I haven't tried a tube pre, but True Iron does a great job of adding a similar type of distortion. With these ingredients, it doesn't seem to need anything else.
Perhaps. Not for me though. I abandoned True Iron about 48 hours after buying it. The coil's do something I've been waiting for plugins to do for 20+ years.
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
The coil's
I'm not familiar with that. What is it?

Coincidentally, just today I downloaded Kush's Omega TWK and it's an even better tool for bringing the iron. A new favorite for these kinds of things.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I'm not familiar with that. What is it?

Coincidentally, just today I downloaded Kush's Omega TWK and it's an even better tool for bringing the iron. A new favorite for these kinds of things.

CA70S

Off the hook....

https://www.coilaudio.com

Running a B3 VI though it was the first time I felt like I recorded a hammond / leslie. The rest of the times is some layer of compromise and regret....

The NF and LF interaction and driving the crap out of it bring life, emotion, depth, movement and overall joy.....

Plugins.....sorry, but not so much. I use em as much as anyone, but hardware is where my money is going for the foreseeable future.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search