The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Scarlet4: The mastering EQ that rules them all
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Since add-on packages are very expensive we try to produce them only when the product is well established: for example if we have a damaged sample the fix probably requires four times the effort after the add-on packages have been released.
and why I keep pressing to fix the 3 missing sample Freqs [as outlined in beta].

It affects both versions of Scarlet-4
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Scarlet 4 Update available O000 - 22 Nov 2019

Scarlet 4 Update available: 48/88khz packs added / Meter fix

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Scarlet 4 Update available: 48/88khz packs added / Meter fix

Yay!!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I promised them for January, but a very new employee was so kind to release them 1 month before the deadline. I have to reward him now, lol
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I promised them for January, but a very new employee was so kind to release them 1 month before the deadline. I have to reward him now, lol
but He did not fix the 3 missing Freq, and apparently carried this error into the new rates. [which i'll be testing later tonite].
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Will the AI presets need to be done all over again? I imagine these presets were made with these 3 frequencies missing?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
but He did not fix the 3 missing Freq, and apparently carried this error into the new rates. [which i'll be testing later tonite].
This is caused by the engine, so unfortunately they can't take care of it now. We bug fix the engine at very specific times and deadlines
For people asking, it doesn't interfere with AI sampling. Everything else should be super-good now
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is caused by the engine, so unfortunately they can't take care of it now. We bug fix the engine at very specific times and deadlines
For people asking, it doesn't interfere with AI sampling. Everything else should be super-good now
The whole idea that we can't fix the bug we missed because we have other scheduled releases that will not be impeded is tiresome. As is the weak excuse of we sell so much that it can't be a significant problem. And of course the cherry on the top we're not very interested in user feedback. If this were any other company they would be mercilessly dragged for these customer unfriendly (some might say abusive) policies. Why is it unreasonable to expect to that the previous release does not have known bugs before releasing the next?????
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
The whole idea that we can't fix the bug we missed because we have other scheduled releases that will not be impeded is tiresome. As is the weak excuse of we sell so much that it can't be a significant problem. And of course the cherry on the top we're not very interested in user feedback. If this were any other company they would be mercilessly dragged for these customer unfriendly (some might say abusive) policies. Why is it unreasonable to expect to that the previous release does not have known bugs before releasing the next?????
I understand your criticism, but our policy is to keep you informed about the development situation and bug fixes, trying not to create false expectations. As demonstrated extensively in this thread, we try to communicate the worst-case scenario, and we do everything we can to be fast. Then if you want we can discuss for a long time what is more pleasant or not. I remind you that we promised the add-on packages for January, and they arrived earlier.
Last point: I remember that our products, during the presale phase, are considered subject to changes and bug fixing. Normally we try to fix the most problems in this period of time, so there's nothing new about what's going on. It's our policy, our business model, it may or may not like it, but one thing is certain: in every moment, in every thread, in every question we are asked we tell each time from the beginning the way we proceed.
About scheduling: I love to report progress. Right now the plugin's development team is engaged in another development, so I would be dishonest to promise something in the immediate future knowing that they must first complete a previous task. Knowing what is a priority or what is not helps, but there's no way to change it, because simply if a task has to be completed before starting another one, when I change the order of operations I run the risk not only of being slower and arriving later but of introducing more bugs and creating more problems.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I understand your criticism, but our policy is to keep you informed about the development situation and bug fixes, trying not to create false expectations. As demonstrated extensively in this thread, we try to communicate the worst-case scenario, and we do everything we can to be fast. Then if you want we can discuss for a long time what is more pleasant or not. I remind you that we promised the add-on packages for January, and they arrived earlier.
Last point: I remember that our products, during the presale phase, are considered subject to changes and bug fixing. Normally we try to fix the most problems in this period of time, so there's nothing new about what's going on. It's our policy, our business model, it may or may not like it, but one thing is certain: in every moment, in every thread, in every question we are asked we tell each time from the beginning the way we proceed.
About scheduling: I love to report progress. Right now the plugin's development team is engaged in another development, so I would be dishonest to promise something in the immediate future knowing that they must first complete a previous task. Knowing what is a priority or what is not helps, but there's no way to change it, because simply if a task has to be completed before starting another one, when I change the order of operations I run the risk not only of being slower and arriving later but of introducing more bugs and creating more problems.
G, I really appreciate these frequencies, thank you and thanks to your team. I understand that you wish to under-promise and over-deliver. I think what has changed for me is that you are also being very clear in your communications of what Acustica are doing, and that helps me manage my expectations.

For example - had I known Gold3 was happening, I wouldn't worry about Gold2 missing vectors.

Also, the response of the support team explaining the investigation of Ultra-Sync regards the issue when there are no native vectors was great. It is like a little progress meter, as long as there is movement I'll wait for the outcome

The only reason I ever raise my concerns is I want to use all of your products in any potential mix, because each product is truly unique. So again, thank you!

Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Exclamation Scarlet4 Update available - November 28, 2019

Scarlet Update P000 via Aquarius

1.4.320 missing frequencies fix
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thank-you.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank-you.
Sorry I missed the train on this and just updated -- what were the missing frequency samples?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank-you.
Thank you for staying on them about it RJ!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Was interested in this but just noticed my voucher dropped from 20% to 18%. Does the voucher system work on lifetime purchase total or a 12-month cycle?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
Was interested in this but just noticed my voucher dropped from 20% to 18%. Does the voucher system work on lifetime purchase total or a 12-month cycle?
Are you sure that wasn't a voucher for Pensado EQ only?? You should have received an email earlier in the week that would work on Scarlet4 with your normal discount.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
They issued a personal voucher that is specific to the Pensado thing AFTER the more general personal voucher. The Pensado one is slightly less than the personal one. Read the email carefully, it may have the Pensado one.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Are you sure that wasn't a voucher for Pensado EQ only?? You should have received an email earlier in the week that would work on Scarlet4 with your normal discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
They issued a personal voucher that is specific to the Pensado thing AFTER the more general personal voucher. The Pensado one is slightly less than the personal one. Read the email carefully, it may have the Pensado one.
You are indeed correct thanks. I should have read further down.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search