The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog Obsession updated "BritChannel" to ver. 2.0 with VST3 ($19 till Nov. 1)
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

Analog Obsession updated "BritChannel" to ver. 2.0 with VST3 ($19 till Nov. 1)



Top-notch design from past!
One of best designs in the world! Now combined the preamp and the eq in a plugin to reach all futures of this legendary unit!


BritChannel is easily the most revered preamp and EQ circuit ever designed. Introduced in 1970, this hallowed class-A, transistor mic/line amp with EQ. Now, you can track through the only authentic precise circuit emulation of this legendary piece of audio history.

True Component & Circuit Modeling
Re-drawing and designing original circuit carefully and emulated original fingerprint of the gear. Carefully designed transformers and tubes. Fully emulated line/mic-amp and eq.

Changelog
Version 2.0

Added oversampling
Fixed minor bugs
VST3 support

TECH SPECS

Mac

Supported Plug-in Formats

VST 2.4, VST3, AudioUnit

CPU
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon

Memory
Minimum 4 GB RAM

Operating System
10.5 – 10.14.5

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1024×768
Recommended: 1280×1024 / 1600×1024

Windows

Supported Plug-in Formats

VST 2.4, VST3

CPU
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core
Memory
Minimum 4 GB RAM

Operating System
Windows 7 with SP1 64 bit
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Windows 10 64 bit

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1024×768
Recommended: 1280×1024 / 1600×1024

Free update for existing owner.

Also, it's only $19 till November 1!


https://analogobsession.com/product/britchannel/
Old 3 weeks ago
  #2
Gear Maniac
 

Has the oversampling been improved since the last updates that featured oversampling?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Has the oversampling been improved since the last updates that featured oversampling?
Yes, it's improved.

And, still improving.

Thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Tried the VST2 and VST3 demo in Reaper under Windows 10, some feedback:
  • The mouse to fader relationship is wrong - in order to move the fader a bit I have to move the mouse a lot
  • I couldn't hear any difference with the preamp on maximum/minimum
  • I couldn't hear much difference, if any, with the mic button on or off
  • You still have the 3D buttons which I thought you were going to scrap (although in fairness, yours are probably the most realistic in terms of the amount of 3D-ness)
  • The fader doesn't do anything unless the EQ button is in (this makes no sense)

Just my initial thoughts.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Tried the VST2 and VST3 demo in Reaper under Windows 10, some feedback:
  • The mouse to fader relationship is wrong - in order to move the fader a bit I have to move the mouse a lot
  • I couldn't hear any difference with the preamp on maximum/minimum
  • I couldn't hear much difference, if any, with the mic button on or off
  • You still have the 3D buttons which I thought you were going to scrap (although in fairness, yours are probably the most realistic in terms of the amount of 3D-ness)
  • The fader doesn't do anything unless the EQ button is in (this makes no sense)

Just my initial thoughts.
Hello,

Thanks for feedback.

About fader, yes, it's hard to move little bit. Still improving controls. Bigger frames, needs move a lot.

Preamp won't change level. There is internal compensation. But, it will increase or decrease THD and change character sonically.

Mic and Line have no too much difference. It's changing impedance and circuit without affecting sound and frequency range.

Didn't touch GUI, yet. There will be orthophonic GUI with Version 2.1. GUI needs time to re-design.

Again about fader, it's changing output level and it's not analog emulation. Doesn't it work?

Also, here is preview of next update's GUI.

Analog Obsession updated "BritChannel" to ver. 2.0 with VST3 ( till Nov. 1)-brit.png

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Analog Obsession updated "BritChannel" to ver. 2.0 with VST3 ( till Nov. 1)-brit.png  
Old 3 weeks ago
  #6
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
About fader, yes, it's hard to move little bit. Still improving controls. Bigger frames, needs move a lot.
Ok, that's fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Preamp won't change level. There is internal compensation. But, it will increase or decrease THD and change character sonically.
I really couldn't hear any sonic difference between it on maximum and minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Didn't touch GUI, yet. There will be orthophonic GUI with Version 2.1. GUI needs time to re-design.
Cool, although I don't think the word you want is orthophonic! Perhaps "flat" is the right word

Saw your flat render, it looks much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Again about fader, it's changing output level and it's not analog emulation. Doesn't it work?
Yes, IF the EQL button is on, otherwise no. And it should always change the level regardless of anything else.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Ok, that's fair enough.


I really couldn't hear any sonic difference between it on maximum and minimum.


Cool, although I don't think the word you want is orthophonic! Perhaps "flat" is the right word

Saw your flat render, it looks much better.


Yes, IF the EQL button is on, otherwise no. And it should always change the level regardless of anything else.
Hmm, OK! Flat view is better

About preamp, it's not "hot". Really transparent. Maybe, i can extend gain range to get warmest results.

EQL is main bypass. It will bypass whole parameters and processing.

Version 2.1 will be released next week, possibly. Difference will be only GUI. Flat view

At the moment, working so hard to improve all plugins and processing methods.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

UPDATE ALERT!

Version 2.1 ready to download!

Changelog

- Improved GUI
- Extended preamp range

New GUI

Old 3 weeks ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
UPDATE ALERT!

Version 2.1 ready to download!

Changelog

- Improved GUI
- Extended preamp range

New GUI
I like the new GUI a lot, so much better than having knobs at strange angles.

Driving the preamp is more audible but I still say it's quite subtle. I've no experience of a real 1073 so I don't know how hard you can drive the hardware. But at least now I can hear something. Turning on "mic" adds a tiny bit more drive, but again, it's very subtle.

The plugin sounds nice to my ears
Old 3 weeks ago
  #10
Here for the gear
 

dude can u reply to the buster 4.1 post
Old 3 weeks ago
  #11
Gear Addict
 

Hey Tunca, the update is a big improvement! However the cpu load is huge with oversampling off (1.8% with and without oversampling).

I also tried the new Kolin update. Kolin's oversampling does not work at all. On Britpressor the oversampling works. But the cpu load with oversampling off is huge.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
Hey Tunca, the update is a big improvement! However the cpu load is huge with oversampling off (1.8% with and without oversampling).

I also tried the new Kolin update. Kolin's oversampling does not work at all. On Britpressor the oversampling works. But the cpu load with oversampling off is huge.
Hi,

For filters, oversampling always open. Non-linear section has oversampling on/off. So, it uses CPU.

Kolin has two stage oversampling. Compressor sidechain circuit has 32x oversampling. Totally clean harmonics. But, line amp section has 4x oversampling to keep character and reduce CPU usage.

Thanks.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Driving the preamp is more audible but I still say it's quite subtle. I've no experience of a real 1073 so I don't know how hard you can drive the hardware.
You can drive it really hard into complete oblivion (the hardware that is).
Old 2 weeks ago
  #14
Lives for gear
Why u dont try some original unique plugin chameleon u releasing emulation after emulation and most of them dont even work.U are one man show take example from Tony from Klanghelm or Valhalla they make unique plugins which rival easily the top players my mixes in fact sound way better with tdr,klanhgelm,toneboosters kazrog then any premium guys.The free tdr nova filters kills even the massenbourg own eq he is founder of it.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacnadon View Post
Why u dont try some original unique plugin chameleon u releasing emulation after emulation and most of them dont even work.U are one man show take example from Tony from Klanghelm or Valhalla they make unique plugins which rival easily the top players my mixes in fact sound way better with tdr,klanhgelm,toneboosters kazrog then any premium guys.The free tdr nova filters kills even the massenbourg own eq he is founder of it.
Hi,

At the moment, working on some unique plugins. After updating all plugins, time to release unique plugins...

Some channelstrips and effects...

Also, you can check Sweet Drums, Distox, MPreq and Chopa instead specific emulations.

Thanks.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #16
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Hi,

At the moment, working on some unique plugins. After updating all plugins, time to release unique plugins...

Some channelstrips and effects...

Also, you can check Sweet Drums, Distox, MPreq and Chopa instead specific emulations.

Thanks.
Good.emulations are waste of time there is cheap 500 series really there should be more plugins as Nebula Mjuc the Softube Weiss etc which actually sounds better then hw.Emulation of 50 s equipment its not ground breaking and don move.things forward.Try also synthesiser or.something u don have any reverbs delays etc.Dynamic eqs etc there is lot of things in.which digital.simply kills this retro gear which in my oponion its overated and sounds like.crap.

Also make one great plugin which everyone wants and its fully working as its the Kazrog True Iron and everyone is buying it.Instead of many which are half way there.There is potential ur Charter Oak kills any algo out there
Old 2 weeks ago
  #17
Gear Maniac
 
AnalogObsession's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacnadon View Post
Good.emulations are waste time there is cheap 500 series really there should be more plugins as Nebula Mjuc the Softube Weiss etc which actually sounds better then hw.Emulation of 50 equipment its not ground breaking and don move.things forward.Try also synthesiser or.something u don have any reverbs delays etc
Thanks for ideas.

As you can see, Analog "Obsession" obsessed with analog gears. Trying to better emulations.

But, you are absolutely right.

First, need to update all plugins in the catalog. Then will be released different plugins. A reverb, tape emulation, channelstrip, dynamic eq and more...

They are secret! (till now...)

But, no one know what will come until release date.

Analog Obsession needs users' patience...

Thanks.

EDIT:

OAQ will be updated, soon, by the way...
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Thanks for ideas.

As you can see, Analog "Obsession" obsessed with analog gears. Trying to better emulations.

But, you are absolutely right.

First, need to update all plugins in the catalog. Then will be released different plugins. A reverb, tape emulation, channelstrip, dynamic eq and more...

They are secret! (till now...)

But, no one know what will come until release date.

Analog Obsession needs users' patience...

Thanks.
Try chameleons it will save u time this way.If its eq try it hybrid lets dynamic bax eq highs with precision low.mids.from.sontec with transformers etc something unique.Kush Audio its good.example he use the good things from.the past but makes them very modern and unique.
Would like to see Mpressor or Xpressor if u do emulations brainwash plugin is not good
Old 2 weeks ago
  #19
Lives for gear
 
poshook's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacnadon View Post
Why u dont try some original unique plugin chameleon u releasing emulation after emulation and most of them dont even work.U are one man show take example from Tony from Klanghelm or Valhalla they make unique plugins which rival easily the top players my mixes in fact sound way better with tdr,klanhgelm,toneboosters kazrog then any premium guys.The free tdr nova filters kills even the massenbourg own eq he is founder of it.
Do you have any mix to listen to?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump