The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Releases New Apollo Twin X Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
I hope not, that would mean pretty crappy converters.

Not necessarily so, see Apogee Duet IOS or RME Babyface Pro, which both run on USB power and have converters that are already quite good. But sufficient power supply is for sure important, so I'm with you with some restrictions.

Last edited by andyfromHH; 1 week ago at 08:05 PM.. Reason: some kind of typo :o)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

@ Ryan : I’m not sure if you really meant the conversion and not bus powered preamps. anyway the babyface pro is a tremendous interface regarding that it is running on usb 2.0 power supply.

USB-C cables and tb3 interfaces are capable of supplying all our (professional) power needs and I wonder if manufacturers dare to use it in the near future. I‘m no expert here but shouldn’t this be a great improvement even though compromising battery time?

I‘m curious of the next gen of interfaces
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOak View Post
And UA don't?
UAD certainly aren't German. They're completely different companies with different cultures. UAD are very marketing driven, more social media savvy, much more akin to Antelope Audio. RME is a company run by engineers and it shows in their products; which are utilitarian and have steep learning curves, but tend to stay on the market for much longer than the competition and receive several years of support. In fact when you contact RME for support you tend to speak to the engineer that designed the product rather than some generic customer service dept. It's a small company.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
UAD certainly aren't German. They're completely different companies with different cultures. UAD are very marketing driven, more social media savvy, much more akin to Antelope Audio. RME is a company run by engineers and it shows in their products; which are utilitarian and have steep learning curves, but tend to stay on the market for much longer than the competition and receive several years of support. In fact when you contact RME for support you tend to speak to the engineer that designed the product rather than some generic customer service dept. It's a small company.
Yes, they have different approaches and they both excel at that. They both have high standards and it shows.
It just seemed to me that you implied that UA weren't making products for professionals (whatever that means), which I thought was strange.
Old 4 days ago
Manufacturer

Quote:
UAD certainly aren't German.
We're sorry for not being German.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio View Post
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
ridiculous
Old 2 days ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Old 2 days ago
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Finally, someone with a sense of humor!
Old 2 days ago
adl
Lives for gear

Quote:
Finally, someone with a sense of humor!
I am sorry. I AM from germany. You know about our sense of humor, right?
ITS. NOT. EXISTENT.
Old 10 hours ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
I AM from germany.
So am I but, obviously, I had to leave.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search