The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce Cuttertone AAX (and VST/AU) - A vinyl cutter processor, for mixing.
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Exclamation SKnote announce Cuttertone AAX (and VST/AU) - A vinyl cutter processor, for mixing.

Here we go! Finally for Pro Tools, too. Cuttertone is modelled after a classic processor for mastering to vinyl.

The intrinsic limits of the medium (the vinyl disk and the storage technique to get a stereo signal mechanically memorised on it) impose a specific, often quite heavy, processing before sending the final signal to the cutter. Mainly limiting of the acceleration of the cutter (related to high frequency content) and the stereo width of the lowest frequency range (that could destroy the groove cut on the surface).

Turns out that a few of the usual processes can be extremely useful as effects while mixing, too.

We modelled such a processor to get those effects available in the virtual mixer.
Cuttertone has been one of our most successful processors to date and now, with our usual titanic times, it is being made available to Pro Tools users, too, as an AAX (Native and DSP!) plugin (32/64) for both Windows and Mac OSX systems (and also for Avid Venue live consoles).

Being released next Oct 28th, with the usual price tag of 19.99$ as a launch price, then going up to 29.99$ on the release (pre-buy option, get VST/AU now).
www.sknoteaudio.com

Last edited by quintosardo; 25th October 2019 at 10:13 AM..
Old 22nd October 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Nice!
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Any HDX/Venue users here? Justifying an AAX-DSP version?
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Nice! This plugin is awesome in Mastering!
Old 23rd October 2019
Gear Nut

Yes to HDX!
Old 24th October 2019
Lives for gear

Here we go with a simple video: Cuttertone on the Drums track.

Showcasing its simple but extremely powerful features: Low-range Stereo Width, Acceleration Limiting, overall Dynamics and Stereo Width controls.

Being released next Monday, VST and AU are being upgraded, too, with the new preset management system: copy and paste through clipboard and load/save to/from disk without using sequencer's own system (gets rid of specific formats).
Old 25th October 2019
Lives for gear

I'm quite happy to say that Cuttertone comes as AAX-DSP, too

Old 27th October 2019
Lives for gear

With the upgrade coming tomorrow we also added the new through-clipboard preset management system to VST/AU. So we are adding some useful presets, including those in the tutorials you find if you write "Cuttertone" in the Search field on sknoteadio.com
Old 27th October 2019
Lives for gear

Hi Quinto, I'm loving Cuttertone, but I'm wondering what "Dynamics" actually does? Is it a compressor, limiter, clipper, or what? I love the way it just makes stuff sound bigger, especially drums, but I'm curious to know how it does it.
Old 27th October 2019
Lives for gear

That one is a kind of waveshaper with a peculiar harmonic buildup, I always loved that algorithm if not overdone. Used on single tracks it can really add tons of level to the mix.
Old 28th October 2019
Lives for gear

Demo version for AAX (Native and DSP!!!) available on www.sknoteaudio.com.

Currently uploading demo versions for VST/AU (with new preset management) and final updates for all formats.
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear

All formats out! Fingers crossed.
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Think I sent a message to you a while back about that dynamics knob, Q. You have something in there worth re-exploring, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
That one is a kind of waveshaper with a peculiar harmonic buildup, I always loved that algorithm if not overdone. Used on single tracks it can really add tons of level to the mix.
Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

Hi Quinto-
I've had and loved CutterTone for years. Is there a way to get the update or just email you about it?

thx,
kjb
Old 30th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmusic View Post
Hi Quinto-
I've had and loved CutterTone for years. Is there a way to get the update or just email you about it?

thx,
kjb
Sure! You can login to your page and it should be there.
Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it if you don't have your password or something looks wrong.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This little beast is getting such great feedback! So many gems hidden in classic processes, like mastering to vinyl
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I just like the "dynamics" option - everything else is just a bonus!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Please note that yesterday we updated the Mac VST/AU version for a bugfix.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Man I keep forgetting I have this, need to revisit.....! Been using saturation emulations not so much tape and finishing ones.....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search