The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AES 2019: Terry Audio CEQ Analog Dual Passive/Active Mastering EQ
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Resonant mind, the difference is the criticism of the unit itself vs you criticizing the criticism. There is a difference. I wont respond to the rest of your comments as it is not related to the gear itself and we both already have said our points which are getting off topic.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

That faceplate has to be an April Fools joke?

It wouldn’t work in a professional environment but I think most high end gear gets bought by weekend warriors these days so- maybe it’s all good
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Dude, you don't have to police this thread. Terry doesn't need protecting, the design doesn't need defending and you don't have to counter comments against the face plate with comments of praise.

We're all adults sharing different opinions and having a bit of harmless banter. You're the person turning this thread into the typical "I'm right, you're wrong" variety.

Relax
Old 3 weeks ago

So is the designers name Terry Marshall or Marshall Terry, I have got myself confused...?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
That's an oxymoron, along with admitting to purposeful trolling. One could say that's rather childish? Ironic.

Ignore list just got one bigger. Good day to you!
Lol I'm getting a bit of a kick watching resonantmind run himself ragged trying to white knight Terry audio.

He said further back that he's a hobbyist so it's not like he has work to do. At this point I just comment because it's clear we're all laser pointers and he's a cat.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol I'm getting a bit of a kick watching resonantmind run himself ragged trying to white knight Terry audio.

He said further back that he's a hobbyist so it's not like he has work to do. At this point I just comment because it's clear we're all laser pointers and he's a cat.
Laughed out loud at that analogy! Submitting that one to the memory banks for use in casual conversation :¬)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i think it looks awesome
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Damn Tim...

Something about you makes me want to ask myself if I feel lucky. Knowing full well I'm a punk, I'm applying several filters to keep the resonance in my head in check.

Really don't think I've seen such a performance from someone that has been here for 10+ years. Very committed.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

One other thing about a white faceplate is they tend to smudge up quickly from fingers repeatedly going over the same spots. Perhaps the operator should wear gloves. Something we used to do with new interns was have them clean up accumulated finger grime on the knobs on the 6kE SSL to keep it appearing tidy and those were light grey.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m putting it together now- Marshall I’ve experienced to be a super legit dude- so I still don’t like the faceplate but I bet it sounds great
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

God forbid we should learn to use a tool that skips a step between the haptic and aural experiences!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Back to sanity - just got my stepped version. I haven't put it in the rack yet, but it looks lovely. The filters are (indented) paint strokes, and are well done. The white faceplate is definitely not going to collect smudges.
Old 1 week ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Damn Tim...

Something about you makes me want to ask myself if I feel lucky. Knowing full well I'm a punk, I'm applying several filters to keep the resonance in my head in check.

Really don't think I've seen such a performance from someone that has been here for 10+ years. Very committed.
eerrrrrr... not sure how I should take that...compliment maybe?
Old 2 days ago
mpr
Lives for gear

Nothing that a sharpie couldn't fix.

I wanna hear this thing.

Perhaps it could replace a few boxes if 'Terry' has good ear.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search