The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
3D printed MD421 Replacement Mic Clips!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

3D printed MD421 Replacement Mic Clips!

Rejoice! And never drop your 400$ microphone again!

(Cant use image tags yet I guess, should’ve stopped lurking years ago)

I decided after a few years of sending these things sailing down to the floor after bouncing off rack toms that i would get a 3d printer and design something rock solid and simple that reuses the adapter for the original 421 clip. I’ve had a hard time trying to break one of these things, and I’ve kept a microphone facing downwards in a stand for about 2 weeks straight with no stress on the clip.

https://etsy.me/2Btmd2x

I’ve listed these things on etsy BUT if you find me and message me on instagram @ IsLanD parkrecordingcompany I can save you a few dollars by going directly through paypal or venmo, I’ve been doing 2 clips for $15 deals

Thanks everyone
Attached Thumbnails
3D printed MD421 Replacement Mic Clips!-5845b453-e44d-4f13-940e-8a8da4a78917.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Not in the market at the moment. But how about selling the 3D model as well? That's the beauty of 3D printing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOak View Post
Not in the market at the moment. But how about selling the 3D model as well? That's the beauty of 3D printing.
How would he make the same money that way?
Probably took alot of work to create those profiles.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
How would he make the same money that way?
By selling the design? It becomes a passive income that way.
But he might enjoy printing and sending packages to people of course.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are those 3D printed designs "iLoked" or is it a dirty free for all (as Kesha would say)?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Any chance you could make these in black plastic instead of light blue?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Everybody has these 3 of these for toms, can you make a 3 mic clip deal? Awesome job on these...I agree the light blue isn't amazing but works a lot better than the original. Also, I don't instagram...can I PM you here on gearslutz?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unless there's a way for him to lock the design so that you automatically pay him a license fee every time you print one of these, there's no point. He's better off printing them himself and sending packages.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I dunno. I tried messaging this guy on instagram and he never responded. Might try his etsy shop but it's kinda weird to tell people to dm him there and not respond. Kinda turned me off. Just sayin'
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Unless there's a way for him to lock the design so that you automatically pay him a license fee every time you print one of these, there's no point. He's better off printing them himself and sending packages.
It was just a suggestion. It's a niche product in a niche market, it's not exactly going to make him a millionaire. The stress of always being available to take orders for something you might make a few bucks a month on is not worth it in my opinion. I would rather make it an effortless passive income even if there's a risk of people spreading copies around. But that's just me. He might have some plans to make other products and growing a business.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Nice try Sennheiser!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
Everybody has these 3 of these for toms, can you make a 3 mic clip deal? Awesome job on these...I agree the light blue isn't amazing but works a lot better than the original. Also, I don't instagram...can I PM you here on gearslutz?
Please do, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. A nice fellow (user stixnskin) already bought some that way

Also, I have them in black now!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRoomStudios View Post
Any chance you could make these in black plastic instead of light blue?

Theyre available in black! PM me
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirzay View Post
Please do, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. A nice fellow (user stixnskin) already bought some that way

Also, I have them in black now!
They work great. More trouble getting the old gaff residue off the microphones. A few of my clips had different size holes for the screws, older maybe?, just dug in my boxes for something that worked. I got the black but would have taken either. Thanks again.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search