The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!

Immortal Solid-State Design
Put legendary console EQ in your rack with the SSQ. Since the early ’80s, producers have loved the E Type consoles for their huge sound and distinctive character. A big part of the sound came from the E Type channel strip, and you get the same circuits in the module.

FEATURES
Famous line-amp re-designed and added to SSQ

Brown Knob is the sound of early-’80s E Type consoles, with 15dB cut/boost and musical response

The perfect way for project studios to get the sound of a world-famous console, affordably

Versatile 4 band channel EQ with fully parametric LMF and HMF and HPF/LPF

Oversampling for better processing

TECH SPECS

Mac

Supported Plug-in Formats

VST 2.4, VST3, AudioUnit

CPU
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon

Memory
Minimum 4 GB RAM

Operating System
10.5 – 10.14.5

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1024×768
Recommended: 1280×1024 / 1600×1024

Windows

Supported Plug-in Formats

VST 2.4, VST3

CPU
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core
Memory
Minimum 4 GB RAM

Operating System
Windows 7 with SP1 64 bit
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Windows 10 64 bit

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1024×768
Recommended: 1280×1024 / 1600×1024

Free for existing owners! If you can't find SSQ Ver. 2.0 on your download section, please contact via email.

contact at analogobsession dot com

Also, re-launching price is just $29 till November 1!

https://analogobsession.com/product/ssq/
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sigh.. all is exactly as before. Ridvan, how about you investigate how oversampling should be implemented a bit more thoroughly before introducing it as a "feature"?

Whatever you are doing as "oversampling" is not at all correct. Your filters are still cramped and warped.. instead you are just introducing a massive high shelf that cuts out all the high frequencies.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Sigh.. all is exactly as before. Ridvan, how about you investigate how oversampling should be implemented a bit more thoroughly before introducing it as a "feature"?

Whatever you are doing as "oversampling" is not at all correct. Your filters are still cramped and warped.. instead you are just introducing a massive high shelf that cuts out all the high frequencies.
I noticed it's wrong too! Also aliasing isn't reduced properly. No clue what's going with this "oversampling"...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post

Hello bmanic,

Already fixed cramped filters but not added to this version.

Here is the test of version 2.1 (which will be released, soon). Also, all EQs will be "decramped". It's not about oversampling Analog Obsession plugins. Filters will be decramped while oversampling on or off.

Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!-cramp.png

Oversampling is about only non-linear section. (Actually, yes! Already oversampling to remove cramped/warped filters but this is not according to "OVERSAMPLE" button.

Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!-over.png
Attached Thumbnails
Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!-cramp.png   Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!-over.png  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
Hello bmanic,

Here is the test of version 2.1 (which will be released, soon). Also, all EQs will be "decramped". It's not about oversampling Analog Obsession plugins. Filters will be decramped while oversampling on or off.

Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!-cramp.png

Oversampling is about only non-linear section. (Actually, yes! Already oversampling to remove cramped/warped filters but this is not according to "OVERSAMPLE" button.

Analog Obsession re-launched "SSQ" with extra features and VST3 support!-over.png
no time to test this version but some of your plugins had "clean" harmonics/saturation but others have more drastic saturation. On these I could not see that aliasing is less with oversampling. Especially Mpreq or similar would really benefit from proper oversampling...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
no time to test this version but some of your plugins had "clean" harmonics/saturation but others have more drastic saturation. On these I could not see that aliasing is less with oversampling. Especially MPReq or similar would really benefit from proper oversampling...
Preamps have different oversampling method. Not proper, to be honest. They will be updated with same oversampling method with SSQ & RareSE.

Not up to 32x. Just simple on/off. This method better for usage and implementing.

Now, working really hard to make plugins better and better. Just need some patience from users.

Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is there a new person running this company? Is tunics still developing these plugins or is it a new developer?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Is there a new person running this company? Is tunics still developing these plugins or is it a new developer?
Hello,

It's still me, Tunca.

Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Hello bmanic,

Hi, Tunca
Have you read this article?
https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/201...alizers-draft/

Decramping is an approximation in frequency area,
but there is only slight lift up at 20-22 kHz (at 44100), it is not so bad, almost nothing... But phase distortion is worse than with cramped filters, not analog matched. It is something like Zero Latency mode in Fabfilter ProQ2 or 3...

You can find a second article about this on Fabfilter ProQ site, where cramping vs decramping (zero latency) vs natural phase (true analog matching) on one frequency and phase plots to compare all 3 modes.

Also x32 oversampling with such aliasing... I think x32 oversampling may lower the aliasing way better... Usually some plugins with x4 or x8 or x16 oversampling kill aliasing way better. And do you use (very) sharp anti-aliasing Linear-Phase filters? Sharp filters are about 21500 hz up to 22050 hz (at 44100 sample rate), or with 48 dB/oct or 96 dB/oct at Nyquist area. Also maybe more aliasing will be lowered. Possible? Why not to make it more perfect at lower sample rates, but way effective, higher quality and less CPU killing?

Also again... Solid state eq in real hardware doesn't produce some even harmonics? Or it is strictly only odd harmonics? Just interesting.

And. For cleaner results. I see noise, quantization errors at about - 200 dB. Are your plugins 32 bit float? Why not to implement 64 bit float double precision, or even 80 bit float extended precision like PSP MasterQ 2 or MAAT/Algorithmix equalizers?

Maybe your plugins deserve revolutional upgrade this time? Be better than any professional mastering-grade plugin competitors?
If you are an Analog Obsessed, so why not? Prove that you are in the same league with top developers! Believe in you and all your plugins (upgraded ones, in future, of course).

Regards,
N.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello bmanic,

Good to hear. Why on earth did you release the current version if you have a working version coming out??

I just do not understand your reasoning at all. Surely you must have been able to hear the broken version as it cuts out huge amounts of high frequencies. When engaging the oversampling option it basically turns on a high shelf from around 5kHz which cuts up to -6dB (!!!!) at around 12 to 15kHz.

This is extremely easy to hear and of course also shows up on PluginDoctor.

Quote:
Yeah, no it isn't working.

So the question remains: Why release a broken version if you already know it's broken??
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now, working really hard to make plugins better and better. Just need some patience from users.
What you NEED and always have needed, since day one, is a BETA TESTING TEAM. It really is that simple and it is a shame you've never listened to this advice. I can't even count the amount of times this has been said since you started selling plugins.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Love the plugins, I may buy more.

I hate that black bar that you added.

Also plugin window is a bit small.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

UPDATE ALERT!

Version 2.1

- Fixed high frequency loss when Oversample is on

- Fixed cramped filters

Please, download Ver. 2.1
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

This Eq seems to sound VERY good. The saturation is also very useful!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search