The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to Version 2 — a Giant Leap in Audio Quality
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to Version 2 — a Giant Leap in Audio Quality

New York, October 15th, 2019 – Acon Digital announces the release of Restoration Suite 2 at the AES Pro Audio Convention in New York. Restoration Suite consists of four cutting edge plug-ins for audio restoration work: DeNoise 2, DeHum 2, DeClick 2 and DeClip 2. DeNoise 2 introduces the novel dynamic noise profiles that help reducing noise that varies randomly over time, such as wind noise or rustle from lavalier microphones. Where the earlier versions merely captured a static noise print with time-constant noise levels, the dynamic noise profiles capture statistics from the noise to be reduced. The noise suppression algorithm then estimates the most suitable noise threshold curve for the noisy input signal using the measured statistics.

The adaptive de-noising modes have also been significantly improved in version 2 and use a completely new estimation algorithm. Regardless of operating mode, the new noise suppression algorithm further reduces the typical and well-known artifacts from heavy noise reduction.

DeNoise 2, DeClick 2 and DeHum 2 now support Mid/Side (M/S) processing, which can reduce unwanted fluctuations in the stereo image. The core algorithm in DeClick 2 received major improvements and now better preserves transients and can be pushed to higher click and crackle sensitivities without introducing artifacts.

DeHum 2 has a new automatic fine-tune button that triggers automatic estimation of the hum noise frequency. The hum tracking and suppression have also been improved. DeClip 2 was improved in terms of audio quality and now offers even more impressive reconstruction of clipped signal peaks. All the plug-ins in the suite now support surround and immersive audio formats up to 7.1.6 channels.

Price and Availability
Restoration Suite 2 is available as of today for $99.90 USD in the Acon Digital Store. Restoration Suite 1.x customers that bought after August 1st, 2019, are entitled to a free upgrade. The normal upgrade price is otherwise $49.90 USD, but early birds can upgrade for $29.90 USD until November 15th, 2019. Acoustica Premium Edition 7.x customers can unlock Restoration Suite 2 with their Acoustica license key and Restoration Suite 2 will be included in the upcoming Acoustica Premium Edition 7.2.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
So if I have the restoration suite that I bought a year ago I have to pay $30-50- to upgrade?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Nice! iZotope RX needs some competition!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
So if I have the restoration suite that I bought a year ago I have to pay $30-50- to upgrade?
yup i reckon.. well, $29.90 until nov15
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You're really whining about a meager upgrade fee a year after purchase?? so what? Honestly people like you are why pros are leaving this place.... either contribute or STFU.....
Old 4 weeks ago
DSK
Lives for gear

Using these for years.

Nice upgrade pricing!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
You don't have to pay. Your current version hasn't changed. If you like what you have, you can keep it. If you'd like to upgrade, then you can...by paying to upgrade. Like most products.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
yup i reckon.. well, $29.90 until nov15
Yes, that's correct!

Best,
Stian
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
We released Restoration Suite 1.0 in April 2013 and have provided upgrades up to the latest version 1.8 free of charge (most of which other companies would have charged a lot for). Version 2.0 introduces a number of new features and improvements, so I do believe the rather modest upgrade price is justified.

Best,
Stian
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
We released Restoration Suite 1.0 in April 2013 and have provided upgrades up to the latest version 1.8 free of charge (most of which other companies would have charged a lot for). Version 2.0 introduces a number of new features and improvements, so I do believe the rather modest upgrade price is justified.

Best,
Stian
No worries here glad this is being updated. I use it a lot and figuring out what my next move will be on the buying front. Glad there’s some time on the reduced rate!
Old 4 weeks ago
ukm
Gear Nut

I own both (Restoration Suite and Acoustica Premium Edition). Should I wait for the Acoustica Premium Edition 7.2. update?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm View Post
I own both (Restoration Suite and Acoustica Premium Edition). Should I wait for the Acoustica Premium Edition 7.2. update?
The Acoustica Premium Edition 7.x unlocks Restoration Suite 2, so you can simply install Restoration Suite 2 (see download links here: https://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/) and authorize using your Acoustica license key. The internal tools in Acoustica will remain as they are, but you can use the plug-in versions until we have version 7.2 ready.

Best,
Stian
Old 4 weeks ago
ukm
Gear Nut

Thanks for the info.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quick question - What are the demo limitations for this one?

Stratman
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
Quick question - What are the demo limitations for this one?

Stratman
Thanks for the interest. The audio will be muted for about a second at random intervals before authorizing the plug-in.

Best,
Stian
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for the interest. The audio will be muted for about a second at random intervals before authorizing the plug-in.

Best,
Stian
Thanks Stian. Demo limitation sounds reasonable. At this point I'm interested in comparing the declip and dewind options here against some of the more expensive competition. Let's see how we go with that

FYI - I own Deverberate and like it very much for some situations

Cheers.

Regards,
Stratman
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
Thanks Stian. Demo limitation sounds reasonable. At this point I'm interested in comparing the declip and dewind options here against some of the more expensive competition. Let's see how we go with that

FYI - I own Deverberate and like it very much for some situations
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that!

Best,
Stian
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
You're really whining about a meager upgrade fee a year after purchase?? so what? Honestly people like you are why pros are leaving this place.... either contribute or STFU.....
Sad when people don't think the dev is entitled to a modest charge to a 2.0 rev.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony Sid View Post
Sad when people don't think the dev is entitled to a modest charge to a 2.0 rev.
They added bunch of new features and new designs, it's not bug fixes.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Great news, insanely low upgrade price for such quality

Restoration suite v1 has already salvaged many hundreds of audio files here at the studio : home recorded lead vocals with background noise, low gain noisy preamps or mics, squeaking chairs, pops, bumps in microphone stands, softening peaky cheap capsule mics, reducing mouth noises, many many digital clicks of musicians recording at buffer settings that are too low causing buffer hiccups; cleaning poorly edited/cut tracks without proper fades or crossfades, attenuating AC background noise, clearing up recording instruments too close to a laptop with noisy fans, making zoom recordings with low level gain and huge noise levels usable, in some cases bringing some life and sound back to clipped recordings, some distortion removal, helping takes in which poor electrical installs cause high pitched whines, attenuating wind from outdoor recordings, softens picky and harsh acoustic guitar recordings, or reduces excess of finger/pick noises in too-close guitar miking, removing mechanical noises of kick and hi hat pedals, reducing or removing buzzing from improperly shielded guitar/amps combinations ...the list goes on and on

The workflow, ease of use, speed of targeting problems, stability of v1 was already staggering and most often left the competition in the dust.

Eagerly awaiting price complaints posts around here on product launch threads are joyfully and automatically moved to the moanzone, it is hard to find a thread without cheapsluts these days, it’s getting long in the tooth.

Can’t wait to try v2, thanks Acon Digital

Nico
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Hi Nico!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Great news, insanely low upgrade price for such quality

Restoration suite v1 has already salvaged many hundreds of audio files here at the studio : home recorded lead vocals with background noise, low gain noisy preamps or mics, squeaking chairs, pops, bumps in microphone stands, softening peaky cheap capsule mics, reducing mouth noises, many many digital clicks of musicians recording at buffer settings that are too low causing buffer hiccups; cleaning poorly edited/cut tracks without proper fades or crossfades, attenuating AC background noise, clearing up recording instruments too close to a laptop with noisy fans, making zoom recordings with low level gain and huge noise levels usable, in some cases bringing some life and sound back to clipped recordings, some distortion removal, helping takes in which poor electrical installs cause high pitched whines, attenuating wind from outdoor recordings, softens picky and harsh acoustic guitar recordings, or reduces excess of finger/pick noises in too-close guitar miking, removing mechanical noises of kick and hi hat pedals, reducing or removing buzzing from improperly shielded guitar/amps combinations ...the list goes on and on

The workflow, ease of use, speed of targeting problems, stability of v1 was already staggering and most often left the competition in the dust.

Eagerly awaiting price complaints posts around here on product launch threads are joyfully and automatically moved to the moanzone, it is hard to find a thread without cheapsluts these days, it’s getting long in the tooth.

Can’t wait to try v2, thanks Acon Digital
Thanks to you, Nico -- it is very rewarding to hear that you could make such good use of our Restoration Suite!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

yes +1 to that! The intro upgrade price is generous, i can't wait to get stuck in!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

We have just uploaded Restoration Suite 2.0.4. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the new dynamic profiles in DeNoise 2 and we apologize for the inconvenience. A phenomena similar to drop-outs could occur if the input level is higher than the maximum level of the internal statistical model (currently set to 0 dBFS). The problem would typically occur in a processing chain with high signal levels and a limiter at the end. We've fixed this in version 2.0.4, which is also notarized and code signed for full Catalina compatibility. Please see the product page for download links: https://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/

Best,
Stian
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
No user area on site?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
No user area on site?
I'm afraid we don't have that. Is it license key recovery you're interested in?

Best,
Stian
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
I'm afraid we don't have that. Is it license key recovery you're interested in?

Best,
Stian
Yeah but I was able to look thru e-mails. Was on location when I bought the upgrade and was under some weird e-mail name in the gazillion e-mails I get (mostly from Russian women requesting marriage!)....

Anyway, problem solved found it! Thx!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah but I was able to look thru e-mails. Was on location when I bought the upgrade and was under some weird e-mail name in the gazillion e-mails I get (mostly from Russian women requesting marriage!)....

Anyway, problem solved found it! Thx!
I'm glad to hear that you found it. We're planning a page on our web site where you can enter your email address and get your license key emailed, that's why I asked.

Best,
Stian
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search