The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SKnote announce PSLTubeComp - From hardware, a Tube Compressor full of attitude.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #1
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Thumbs up SKnote announce PSLTubeComp - From hardware, a Tube Compressor full of attitude.

We are happy of announcing this new friend.

We made it the hard way: designing an original tube device, building it in the lab, analysing and modeling it as a software tool. The result is lots of attitude in a virtual Tube Compressor that will make your drums, bass, and much more happy.



We teamed up with www.prostudiolive.com (note the "PSL" in the name) and this is the first one in a dedicated series of new tools, with the double goal of sharing experiences and having them included in their edu stuff.

just a little bit of this one on a mix will really help to glue things together, from transparent to extreme. Some parallel processing can be useful in mastering, too.

Main features:

- Modelled on a component level after a custom designed and built aggressive tube compressor with a tube power supply.
- Integrated with more modern features like a true autogain.
- Multi-options sidechain filter.
- Control on Attack and Release time constants.
- Continuous “mode” control, from VCA to Optical (complex time constants). From edgy to round.
- Direct control on tube circuit bias, from clean to overdriven.
- Sample aligned Dry/Wet Mix control.
- Clever Copy/Paste and preset management system.

//*** Edit ***//
PSLTubeComp is currently available as Win/Mac/VST/AU/AAX plugin with a launch special offer at 29.99$ (extended to Oct 28th!) (MSRP 49.99$).

You can check www.sknoteaudio.com

Demo versions now available!


Last edited by quintosardo; 50 minutes ago at 03:20 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
We made it the hard way: designing an original tube device, building it in the lab, analysing and modeling it as a software tool. The result is lots of attitude in a virtual Tube Compressor that will make your drums, bass, and much more happy.
I look forward to hearing some examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
PSLTubeComp is being released 14 Oct 2019 (MSRP: 49.99$) as VST/AU/AAX and is currently available with a pre-buy special offer at 29.99$.
Does this mean that it's $29.99 before it's released, and then it goes up to $49.99 upon release?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Right!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #4
Lives for gear
Any chance you will post audio from the hardware version?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Sure, will do! Self-comparisons? :D
Old 2 weeks ago
  #6
Gear Head
 
Dj Walker's Avatar
 

when is it going into our accounts for pre-buy?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #7
Gear Nut
 

Come on for real? I’m really trying not to buy anymore toys and now I see this?? Can’t wait to try this one out as well. Props to y’all.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 
JulenJVM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Walker View Post
when is it going into our accounts for pre-buy?
You can already pre-buy, but you get no download for now. If you use the virtual cash, it comes out at less than $15. I bought it just to support Quinto.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Walker View Post
when is it going into our accounts for pre-buy?
A couple days next week and you get the beta.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #10
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrizzie View Post
Come on for real? I’m really trying not to buy anymore toys and now I see this?? Can’t wait to try this one out as well. Props to y’all.
It is a beautiful audio world
Old 2 weeks ago
  #11
Any video or audio samples available ???
Hard to consider buying an audio tool if you don't know how it sound...
Old 2 weeks ago
  #12
Lives for gear
 
DrAudioBot's Avatar
...

Last edited by DrAudioBot; 2 weeks ago at 08:44 PM.. Reason: nevermind
Old 2 weeks ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endor View Post
Any video or audio samples available ???
Hard to consider buying an audio tool if you don't know how it sound...
i'll start from some drums and bass guitar.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
@Bwogo,
You put my name on your quote.
Those words are not mine.

Fix it please !



Old 2 weeks ago
  #15
Gear Maniac
 

Will there be a demo.i've never had any issues with refunds off of you,but i do remember you saying you was going to start offering demos.from what i can see though the plugins you decide to offer as demos seem to be here and there rather than across the board as you initially stated in either the Percolate or Amp Sim(forgot the name)thread
Old 2 weeks ago
  #16
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Yes, sure!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #17
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
@Bwogo,
You put my name on your quote.
Those words are not mine.

Fix it please !



Technically, he put your symbol in his quote....
Old 2 weeks ago
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
Technically, he put your symbol in his quote....

Actually not.

He used my name in connections with something he said.
The way he put it, it looks like those words came from me.

So, just fix it.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #19
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
We are happy of announcing this new friend.

We made it the hard way: designing an original tube device, building it in the lab, analysing and modeling it as a software tool. The result is lots of attitude in a virtual Tube Compressor that will make your drums, bass, and much more happy.



We teamed up with www.prostudiolive.com (note the "PSL" in the name) and this is the first one in a dedicated series of new tools, with the double goal of sharing experiences and having them included in their edu stuff.

just a little bit of this one on a mix will really help to glue things together, from transparent to extreme. Some parallel processing can be useful in mastering, too.

Main features:

- Modelled on a component level after a custom designed and built aggressive tube compressor with a tube power supply.
- Integrated with more modern features like a true autogain.
- Multi-options sidechain filter.
- Control on Attack and Release time constants.
- Continuous “mode” control, from VCA to Optical (complex time constants). From edgy to round.
- Direct control on tube circuit bias, from clean to overdriven.
- Parallel processing.
- Clever Copy/Paste and preset management system.

PSLTubeComp is being released 14 Oct 2019 (MSRP: 49.99$) as VST/AU/AAX and is currently available with a pre-buy special offer at 29.99$.

You can check www.sknoteaudio.com
Cool to see Quinto doing new stuff that’s not an emulation... but, not cool to see him still putting stuff in the wrong forum... this should be Coming Soon!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #20
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

See the rules
Old 1 week ago
  #21
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Actually not.

He used my name in connections with something he said.
The way he put it, it looks like those words came from me.

So, just fix it.
I do see your point, but not sure he did it intentionally.

But yes, he should "fix" it.
Old 1 week ago
  #22
Here for the gear
 

Hey guys - I redesigned the GUI for fun - check it out here if you are interested.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1JAuVKp (fourth one from the top)
Old 1 week ago
  #23
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Two controls are missing
Old 1 week ago
  #24
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Two controls are missing
LOL Which ones? I stared at this thing for two hours and even added more controls.
Old 1 week ago
  #25
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriiive View Post
Hey guys - I redesigned the GUI for fun - check it out here if you are interested.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1JAuVKp (fourth one from the top)
I really like your designs, man. As an Industrial and Graphic Designer myself, I can say that you're much more attuned to standard design guidelines and trends than 95% of developers out there.

Just one thing: If you keep redesigning plugins for free, developers will most likely not value your work...But I know: It's a good creativity exercise.
Old 1 week ago
  #26
Gear Guru
To those trolling the thread wait until the release date to throw shade....
Old 1 week ago
  #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Two controls are missing
Aaaahh who cares. as long as it looks good...
Old 1 week ago
  #28
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

You lose two extremely important features
Old 1 week ago
  #29
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
To those trolling the thread wait until the release date to throw shade....
its inevitable so....
Old 1 week ago
  #30
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

It is all about signal to noise ratio, after all, isn't it? :D
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump