The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Babelson Audio releases FD1N and FD3N Tube EQ&Saturator
Old 30th September 2019
Here for the gear

Software Babelson Audio releases FD1N and FD3N Tube EQ&Saturator

Hi Guys&Gals,

I am pleased to announce the new FD1N and FD3N Tube EQ & Saturator plug-ins!

The FDN is a colourful 2-band TUBE EQ and Saturation plug-in. its unique sonic quality and EQ curves the FD1/2/3N is great for adding warmth and sparkle to drum, guitars, bass, voice and the stereo buss.

FEATURES:
– 2-band Tube equalizer [Class A],
– Low: shelving, typical Boost/Cut controls,
– High: shelving, stepped frequency controls,
– Drive: Boosting harmonics,

INPUT & DRIVER:
This part was innovated by using the Vintage Marinair input Transformer*.
The driver is adding a very subtle and pleasing harmonic distortion to the signal. This ends up boosting the harmonics above the normal range you expect to hear which creates a sense of fullness. When an entire song has each track featuring this warmth, you get an extremely full sound.

*The Marinair Transformer has special sonic characteristic and harmonic distortion so you can quickly colour your sound with warmth and detail.

Thank you,
Tom

Babelson Audio
https://babelson.com
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear

Is the difference between editions colour only?

I don't see any other difference specified.
Old 30th September 2019
Here for the gear

Hi,
I've used different algorithm(different tubes) for each module so each module has its own sound. Please get the demo version and let me know!

Thanks,
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
Is the difference between editions colour only?

I don't see any other difference specified.
Old 30th September 2019
Gear Nut
Why not to make Russian Edition with Russian words? Why English is overall standard and everywhere dominant?
Input - входная громкость OR "громкость (вход)", so громкость means loudness (ie input loudness)
Low - низкая частота (short: НЧ)
High - высокая частота (short: ВЧ)
Drive - гармоническое усиление (as harmonic boost, there is no Russian equivalent for Drive in this context)
Output - выходная громкость OR "громкость (выход)"
Gain (LOW) - громкость НЧ (уровень НЧ as Low Frequency Level)
Gain (HIGH) - громкость ВЧ (уровень ВЧ as High Frequency Level)

If IN and OUT for metering -
уровень (вход) - In
уровень (выход) - Out
Уровень means Level (so, input level or output level)

dB - дБ
Hz - Гц
kHz - кГц
Old 30th September 2019
I've had the FD2N for a few weeks and it is excellent for adding tube harmonics and distortion...then tweaking with nice tube eq.
I just got the FD3N and it has more grit and raunch for say adding slight tube saturation to full-blown overdrive to an amp sim.
I also think it's amazing on a vocal to give you that pushing/clipping the red on a vintage tube mixing desk.
Highly recommended company, the compressors are first class as well.
The owner and developer, Tom, is one of the best and also a great guy to deal with...
Old 30th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
Why not to make Russian Edition with Russian words? Why English is overall standard and everywhere dominant?
Input - входная громкость OR "громкость (вход)", so громкость means loudness (ie input loudness)
Low - низкая частота (short: НЧ)
High - высокая частота (short: ВЧ)
Drive - гармоническое усиление (as harmonic boost, there is no Russian equivalent for Drive in this context)
Output - выходная громкость OR "громкость (выход)"
Gain (LOW) - громкость НЧ (уровень НЧ as Low Frequency Level)
Gain (HIGH) - громкость ВЧ (уровень ВЧ as High Frequency Level)

If IN and OUT for metering -
уровень (вход) - In
уровень (выход) - Out
Уровень means Level (so, input level or output level)

dB - дБ
Hz - Гц
kHz - кГц
FDN Cold War Edition

Seriously, seems to be a great new company.
Looking forward to test it !
Old 30th September 2019
Gear Nut
And also I think Russian Edition would be great if it was done in Soviet style. Dark green camouflage vintage box with scratches, dirt and dust, light of old tubes, broken glass on dB meter etc)
Something like VladG sound Molot compressor
Old 1st October 2019
Gear Head

Made account on site.

Downloaded FD1N, FD2N & FD3N plugin demos.

When installing FD3N, it said a newer version was installed and would not install. There was not a newer version installed, as I had never installed FD3N before.

Uninstalled all the plugins, as there is obviously some conflict or error.

Went to site to re-download FD3N and reinstall only that plugin.

Site wouldn't let me login with the same username and password I'd registered with and said password was incorrect ( it wasn't, I re-checked it several times).

Tried to login again and again.

Tried to reset password, but it just refreshed login page.

Site would not allow me to reset password.

Site blocked my IP and said I'd been reported.
Old 1st October 2019
Here for the gear

Hi,
I'm sorry that you're having issue with the website so please send email me and I'll have a look on it: [email protected]

Thank you
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceover Guy View Post
Made account on site.

When installing FD3N, it said a newer version was installed and would not install. There was not a newer version installed, as I had never installed FD3N before.

Site wouldn't let me login with the same username and password I'd registered with and said password was incorrect ( it wasn't, I re-checked it several times).

Old 1st October 2019
Here for the gear

Hi,

I’ve reseted your password!
Please use this one: ...........(check your inbox)
email:[email protected](check your inbox)

Yeah, you have installed the demo version of FD1N/FD2N/FD3N while installing the DEMO Bundle… So no need to install a separate installation for FDN’s.

Just let me know what DAW are you using?
What is the OS? mac or Win?

Thank you
Tom

Quote:
Made account on site.

Old 1st October 2019
Here for the gear

I guess the issue must be with iLok activation so please let me know if everything goes ok!

Support Page

How to activate trial version?

- Launch your DAW,
- The license activation splash screen will be presented,
- Click the TRY button( if it’s the first time you are activating your DEMO license)
- Enter your iLok Account user ID and Password [you can create your free iLok account here: http://www.ilok.com]
- You’ll be asked to open iLok cloud session[If you don’t want to use cloud so ignore it]
- Click NO button,
- Select the iLok or a Machine that you want to use and click NEXT

That’s it

https://youtu.be/BjayabuVvvE

Thank you,
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babelson Audio View Post
Hi,
Just let me know what DAW are you using?
What is the OS? mac or Win?

Thank you
Tom
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Head

Thank you for all your help Tom. I'm on REAPER 64-bit, Windows 10. I reset the password by using the top bar reset button on the website, but the reset button on the page itself does not appear to work.

Many thanks again for your help.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

why do developers insist on an account and cart checkout system to download a bloody demo..
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Same issue as with your last plugin (FD2N)doesn't show up in FL Studio.i got the rest of the Babelson plugins to show up last time,but these latest ones are a no go

license is activated,checked it was installed to the correct VST3 folder,scanned FL,doesn't show regardless of what i do (same for FD1,2,3N)
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
why do developers insist on an account and cart checkout system to download a bloody demo..
Same here, they just want your data, so they can keep pushing you products. I already lost interest!
Old 2nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Hi,
We don't support FL Studio. Sorry!

Cheers,
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Same issue as with your last plugin (FD2N)doesn't show up in FL Studio.i got the rest of the Babelson plugins to show up last time,but these latest ones are a no go

license is activated,checked it was installed to the correct VST3 folder,scanned FL,doesn't show regardless of what i do (same for FD1,2,3N)
Old 2nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks man!
I've fixed the issue sorry for it

Cheers,
Tom

Quote:
Thank you for all your help Tom. I'm on REAPER 64-bit, Windows 10. I reset the password by using the top bar reset button on the website, but the reset button on the page itself does not appear to work.

Many thanks again for your help.
Old 2nd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babelson Audio View Post
Hi,
We don't support FL Studio. Sorry!

Cheers,
Tom
What..that is total nonsense.you just up and decided not to support the most popular DAW in the world..you don't even mention this anywhere on your site either or in the installer itself.you do know you are shooting yourself in the foot right.i've heard of developers preferring certain platforms and plugin executables,but i've never heard of a developer excluding a particular DAW,unless the wrapper is proprietary to that DAW.they work in Reaper but you just pretty much guaranteed you wont be getting any custom from me
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Old 4th October 2019
Just want to say, I've been using three of Babelson Audio plugins and they are all excellent quality and easy to install in Studio One.
The B-Comp is one of the best comp/limiters out there as are the other 2 plugins I own and use alot, the FD2N and FD3N.
Tom the owner and developer is easy to work with, very helpful and is a good guy...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search