The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IK Multimedia - Hammond B-3X VI in partnership with Hammond USA & Suzuki Music Corp.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leee14 View Post
No one cares? Then why are people asking for opinions?
I don't believe I can legally sell it, maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to check into that.

I'm sorry if my posts are upsetting to you, but I will speak my opinion as much as I want. Just scroll on by whenever you see my name....and stop crying like a little b about my posts.
You can sell it. But there's a transfer fee, so you might be at a slight loss depending on how much you paid and how much you are able to get for it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjmazur View Post
I know it makes the over all cost quite a bit higher and is another (cpu heavy) plugin to plug into the chain... but my recollection is that Blue3 (as well as VB3) with Amplitube Leslie was really superb. For that reason, I expected B3X to really outshine all the rest. But in my little bit of demoing I'm not sure it does. Although I don't have IK Leslie demo to compare anymore, if you're preferring Blue3 you might definitely want to check it out with IK Leslie
Yeah, I will try it out with the IK Leslie. Might be the golden combo.
No I don't think it outshines the rest either. It's different for sure.

I think that experienced Hammond player (which I am not) might view these plugins differently than I do though. I'm not looking for the most accurate feel/response, I'm more interested in what gives me my ideal sound.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOak View Post
You can sell it. But there's a transfer fee, so you might be at a slight loss depending on how much you paid and how much you are able to get for it.
Thanks for the info. With the sidegrade pricing and my jampoints, I only had to pay $104. So I can sell it for that much plus the transfer fee, and consider it a lesson learned.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know it makes the over all cost quite a bit higher and is another (cpu heavy) plugin to plug into the chain... but my recollection is that Blue3 (as well as VB3) with Amplitube Leslie was really superb. For that reason, I expected B3X to really outshine all the rest. But in my little bit of demoing I'm not sure it does. Although I don't have IK Leslie demo to compare anymore, if you're preferring Blue3 you might definitely want to check it out with IK Leslie
GG-Audio Blue3 with T-RackS Leslie here
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Peter: Can the licenses transfer from PC to Mac?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leee14 View Post
No one cares? Then why are people asking for opinions?
I don't believe I can legally sell it, maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to check into that.

I'm sorry if my posts are upsetting to you, but I will speak my opinion as much as I want. Just scroll on by whenever you see my name....and stop crying like a little b about my posts.
If you can legally sell it, send me a PM... but, then you’ll probably be annoyed at taking a loss...

I get the idea of what you’re saying though ... IK usually doesn't do demos for their instruments or I’d have zero sympathy for you... but, this time they did a demo and should’ve announced it was coming online soon or just held up and released the demo at the same time as the product for sale

I’m taking your word that’s what happened for what it’s worth lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
If you can legally sell it, send me a PM... but, then you’ll probably be annoyed at taking a loss...

I get the idea of what you’re saying though ... IK usually doesn't do demos for their instruments or I’d have zero sympathy for you... but, this time they did a demo and should’ve announced it was coming online soon or just held up and released the demo at the same time as the product for sale

I’m taking your word that’s what happened for what it’s worth lol
Sorry, I already have someone who wants to buy it from me, and I'm charging him exactly what I paid for it $100, using my side-grade and JamPoints. I'm not looking to make a profit, but I'm not going to be using it, so it might as well go to someone who wants it.

I made the point (which Peter from IK disagreed with) that the audio demos (tracks) they posted were performed by an excellent keyboard player. I said those keyboardists could make a cheap Casio sound great. That's why I wanted the demo version, so I could sit and compare it to what I already own.
But as I said, I was kind of upset that I missed the release of the demo version by just 4 or 5 hours. I purchased the actual version, went to bed, and when I woke up, the demo version was posted. They could have told us it was coming.

Anyway, everything is working out for the best. I'm giving the B-3X to a good home and I'll be happy playing my Blue3. No hard feelings to anyone, especially the folks at IK, who I think made a pretty decent sounding Hammond emulator....it's just my personal taste leans more towards the Blue3.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Quote:
GG-Audio Blue3 with T-RackS Leslie here
Blue 3 + IK Leslie IMO is already a near perfect combo using almost no RAM and by using the IK Leslie standalone, you get to put all manner of FX (Amplitube) in between the B3 emulator and the Leslie.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Maybe they could put a slot for IK plugins like Waves do in some of their plugins.
You point out some ilportant stuff here , i pointed this in another thread to Peter and Ryan , we really need external modules and cross products integrations ...

For now it s buil' in the product or not ..but something more modular including out of the shelll usuage ., the amount of exellent stomps and rack fx amplitube has for exemple is somthing i woul d love to use with havîg to fire amplitube , or i would love it in tracks for exmple in sound design scenrios ...or not ....lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
any differences between the B-3X Leslie and the Leslies in Tracks and Ampltiube?
The Leslie gear in Hammond B-3X are derived from the Leslie Collection. You don't have one cab and other slight differences too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO56 View Post
Nice bit of kit. I bought it straight away after trying the demo. Uses a fair amount of CPU on my aging I7 4 core machine. About 35% in Cubase 10 with nothing else running. I don't see any options in the settings for CPU optimization. Sounds great though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
B3-X uses more CPU than B5, and way more
than Blue3 or Arturia’s B3V2. I might
go so far as to say the CPU hit of B3-X is
too high. Like Roland Cloud’s Jupiter 8..
you can’t really use it in a DAW session
if you have any other VI’s running (or
even a session that is plug-in heavy).

Peter, can u pass it on to the proper
folks that B3-X’s CPU footprint is
extremely high?
Both cases above are much higher than I'm seeing. I'll pass along this anecdotal data but it would be best to report things like this directly so you can get someone to look at your specific details and situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Target customer here. A B3 and a Leslie are almost 2 parts of one instrument. The included Leslie sim is just as important to me as the organ sim.
Indeed, and we have the only official versions of both. I understand that preferences are subjective, but Hammond B-3X is a great-sounding organ that hangs with everything out there and in the opinion of Hammond themselves exceeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDroste View Post
Peter: Can the licenses transfer from PC to Mac?
The license you purchase is usable on both platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm View Post
Oh Syntronik; I even didn't find a gentle person who could free me from that sample stuff.
B3-X is different. I can't stop playing it. Today I made some sounds for my BS&T-Chicago-Band and in most cases I would prefer B3-X over the other organs I own.
Thank you. We're proud of Hammond B-3X (and Erik Norlander + team's excellent work on it - he knows a thing or two about what a well-maintained B3 sounds like from decades of experience) and I believe that after people let it have some time to sink in and perhaps don't think in terms of price and/or what they have already, it will be clear how great it really sounds as the virtual B3 to have.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Ok I’m in... loving the sound
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Anyone here seriously interested in the IK Leslie would do well to grab it tonight before the Group Buy is over.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Anyone here seriously interested in the IK Leslie would do well to grab it tonight before the Group Buy is over.
Or wait for Black Friday... which they would have to do now at the time I am posting this.
Old 2 weeks ago
ukm
Gear Nut

It would be nice if I could use CC64 for sustain (and probably for toggling leslie speed too).
This is especially fine when playing live with Cantabile3 using seemless switching.
For instance I could hold the organ and let it fade out with expression pedal while switching and beginning to play piano.

Mapping split for a masterkeyboard that sends on one MIDI channel would also be nice but I can arrange this inside Cantabile3.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

B3X vs Logic Vintage B3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic audio View Post
Anyone who says the Logic organ is better should....well not be saying it. This fecking rocks.
I did a side by side comparison and here are my points:

- B3X has a velocity sensitive key click, like Logic Vintage B3.
- Leslie sim of B3X sounds quite pleasing, but not as versatile as Logic Vintage B3 (no control over mic types, front/back and deflectors.
- Distortion is different, but as good as Logic Vintage B3. Matter of taste.
- Chorus-Vibrato on B3X is lame. Here, the Logic Vintage B3 does a much better job.
- B3X: No options to use UM/LM/PD with single manual keyboards, like splitting.

Soundwise, they are quite similar, if you sdon't use the Chorus Vibrato/ Intonation is different, of course. But I like both.
I didn't do so much with stomp boxes, it's great they're there, but hey.
Conclusion: finally an organ sim for all outside the Logic/Mainstage universe.

Best,

GearSlasher
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I didn't see these posted/discussed, but this is one of many that are great examples of what is possible with [Hammond B-3X:

https://youtu.be/TsosCZJ-QQ0

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Now that IS nice
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
I didn't see these posted/discussed, but this is one of many that are great examples of what is possible with [Hammond B-3X:

That was one of the first things I watched when looking up more info on this new product online. It should have been linked in the first post that started off this thread.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Sorry but I'm going to heartily disagree with you even if you buttered me up with some compliments as I clearly posted to clarify a couple of things:

As stated in plain text on the Hammond B-3X page, the included models are derived from the Leslie Collection and you are not getting exactly the same thing (you even point out there's a cab not included as an example of this).
So I want to be clear on this: are the leslies in the B3x different than the ones in the Leslie Collection, meaning that they sound different? In other words, if I chained the B3x with the built in leslie off to Leslie Collection, would I be getting a different sound?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnykeys25 View Post
So I want to be clear on this: are the leslies in the B3x different than the ones in the Leslie Collection, meaning that they sound different? In other words, if I chained the B3x with the built in leslie off to Leslie Collection, would I be getting a different sound?
Leslies are the same just that if you have them with the B-3X then they are tied to that instrument as effects and you won't be able to use the Leslie effects independently with other plugins etc.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Peter, are the drums and bass from Modo?

Quote:
I didn't see these posted/discussed, but this is one
of many that are great examples of what is possible with [Hammond B-3X:

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhamster View Post
Peter, are the drums and bass from Modo?
They should do a video of them all playing together. Maybe they have all ready.
Old 1 week ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Nice video, great playing. A pleasure to watch and listen to.

The sound of the B-3X reminds me of Deep Purple and Jethro Tull... Impressive.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

When does crossgrade intro pricing end for this?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
When does crossgrade intro pricing end for this?
Introductory pricing runs through October.
Old 23 hours ago
Gear Addict

Demoing this for the past few days. I like it, perhaps the most realistic, but as I'm not an organ snob I just like what works in a mix/song and so CPU/RAM, loading time are important which is where this one falls a bit short. I'm assuming it's hybrid sampling/modeled based on the size and as I'm using an SSD it's probably even slower on a hard drive.

Also there really should be arrows for changing presets. Having to open a menu and manually select is annoying. This isn't IK's first rodeo, so one would hope simple usability/workflow aspects like this would be figured out by now.
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Demoing this for the past few days. I like it, perhaps the most realistic, but as I'm not an organ snob I just like what works in a mix/song and so CPU/RAM, loading time are important which is where this one falls a bit short. I'm assuming it's hybrid sampling/modeled based on the size and as I'm using an SSD it's probably even slower on a hard drive.

Also there really should be arrows for changing presets. Having to open a menu and manually select is annoying. This isn't IK's first rodeo, so one would hope simple usability/workflow aspects like this would be figured out by now.
These load very quickly here, I'd suggest working with support or asking other IK users on the IK forum about their experience as it seems that's not the norm from what I'm seeing (and from what I'm seeing reported, I don't see slow load times being an oft-reported issue).

Thanks for the suggestions about preset browsing too. I'll relay your suggestion.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search