The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Sand3: Rock your mix!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So... I wanted try Diamond eq 3 trial.
Three days of trying download trial still Download Error. So maybe Sand 3 trial. Ok Sand 3 trial downloaded without a problem and working. Absolutely in love. I thought I would take a chance and bought it Diamond eq 3 and Sand 3. Diamond eq 3 working but Sand 3 give me Download errors. Every time when 600mb left to download.(Btw a lot space on my ssd ) After that download error. I did everything according to the instructions.
Four days later problem remains.
I wanted to buy Magneta5, Navy2, Pink 3 but now I guess I'll give up. Too much hassle.

*Is there another option to download the installer??
Thank you..
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
So... I wanted try Diamond eq 3 trial.
Three days of trying download trial still Download Error. So maybe Sand 3 trial. Ok Sand 3 trial downloaded without a problem and working. Absolutely in love. I thought I would take a chance and bought it Diamond eq 3 and Sand 3. Diamond eq 3 working but Sand 3 give me Download errors. Every time when 600mb left to download.(Btw a lot space on my ssd ) After that download error. I did everything according to the instructions.
Four days later problem remains.
I wanted to buy Magneta5, Navy2, Pink 3 but now I guess I'll give up. Too much hassle.

*Is there another option to download the installer??
Thank you..
Hi! Sorry to hear you're having problems downloading your products. Yes, you can manually download from the Acustica Audio website (/store/account/orders).
Best regards.
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Also, if you go into the stage download location in Aquarius look for the problematic download, delete it and try to re-download from scratch.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Also, if you go into the stage download location in Aquarius look for the problematic download, delete it and try to re-download from scratch.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I've already tried.I deleted the sand 3 catalog and start fresh install in Aquarius. The same problem. Download stop around 600mb to end.

I'll try the website method tomorrow.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Where did the compressor insane button go?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi! Sorry to hear you're having problems downloading your products. Yes, you can manually download from the Acustica Audio website (/store/account/orders).
Best regards.
Hi.
I'm in the windows directory.(Sand FAB4 Windows/vst/old) Which file should I download.Too many different files. updated 2016?? Where 2019??
Any help..
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
Hi.
I'm in the windows directory.(Sand FAB4 Windows/vst/old) Which file should I download.Too many different files. updated 2016?? Where 2019??
Any help..
OLD box.com installers are legacy version for ensure compatibility for old user. Do not use it provability will not work.

Did you try deleting the corrupted downloaded files and give Aquarius one more try? It's by far the best and easiest option.
If you need help or assistance, open a case in the help-desk and support section with complete link: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/support/home
Best regards.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Where did the compressor insane button go?
It’s now built in. Cannot be turned off.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
OLD box.com installers are legacy version for ensure compatibility for old user. Do not use it provability will not work.

Did you try deleting the corrupted downloaded files and give Aquarius one more try? It's by far the best and easiest option.
If you need help or assistance, open a case in the help-desk and support section with complete link: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/support/home
Best regards.

Thanks for the help AcusticaCM

I did it several times already. Same problem.

Strange that I downloaded the trial without a problem but comercial ver. I can't.

It looks like it would be easier just to buy an ssl console. At the moment I have 5 albums to mix. and I don't have time to play with such problems anymore. Maybe I'll try again in a week.
Best regards.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
Sand 3 and Diamond together has me smiling so hard over here!

Pink 3= Disgustingly good
Navy 2= Disgustingly good
Sand 3= Disgustingly good
Diamond 3= Disgustingly good!

Now I just gotta rack up these boxes and go so hard!
If you could only chose one, which would it be?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_SJL View Post
Has anyone else experienced issues when changing the compressor types?
As in, no compression happening no matter the settings after switching compressors?
Yes, I was able to duplicate exactly this bug today after an engineer friend discovered it. This was on the strip plugin. I couldn't get the comp plug to do it.

Is there a place to report bugs?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbridenbaker View Post
Yes, I was able to duplicate exactly this bug today after an engineer friend discovered it. This was on the strip plugin. I couldn't get the comp plug to do it.

Yes

https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...-desk-service-
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbridenbaker View Post

Quote:
Hi! Thank you for reporting, I've sent an internal report about this issue too. Remember the *Early-access / Crazy-access pricings are introductory, time-limited discount periods during which the plugin may be subject to further refinements and minor updates, for better performance and extended compatibility. All updates and bug fixes will be available inside Aquarius under the 'Updates' section.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
Woahhh... That's too deep of a question haha...

Navy 2 can bring this life and energy to things that is insane! (Creative/Production)

Sand 3 packages up a mix in a very professional sounding way. It makes things sound like the right tools for the job were used you know. (Engineering/finishing)

Diamond 3 is that just add water radio ready polish.

I tend to think Navy in the creation phase, Sand in the fine tuning/ finishing phase, and diamond as the "fix up, look sharp" finisher. (Mastering/Polishing/Sauce-ing haha)

They're all deadly... I guess you have to decide what you need.

That's the best (non answer) answer I can give.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
Woahhh... That's too deep of a question haha...

Navy 2 can bring this life and energy to things that is insane! (Creative/Production)

Sand 3 packages up a mix in a very professional sounding way. It makes things sound like the right tools for the job were used you know. (Engineering/finishing)

Diamond 3 is that just add water radio ready polish.

I tend to think Navy in the creation phase, Sand in the fine tuning/ finishing phase, and diamond as the "fix up, look sharp" finisher. (Mastering/Polishing/Sauce-ing haha)

They're all deadly... I guess you have to decide what you need.

That's the best (non answer) answer I can give.
Appreciate the reply! I was leaning on Navy 2, glad you share a positive opinion about it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

Best regards.
Hi AcusticaCM, was this bug ever reported and if so, are the devs working on a fix yet? I am having the same problem. Can't download Sand3. I also tried everything you suggested here and I keep getting a dialog box that just says download error.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Hi AcusticaCM, was this bug ever reported and if so, are the devs working on a fix yet? I am having the same problem. Can't download Sand3. I also tried everything you suggested here and I keep getting a dialog box that just says download error.
Hi! I'm downloading now myself to try it. Wich format are you having trouble downloading?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hi! I'm downloading now myself to try it. Wich format are you having trouble downloading?
VST2 x64 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I don't know if this will be interesting at all, but on the Sand 3 page in Aquarius, under the 'Information' area, it says that Version O000 has a size of 2752 MB, but when I click on the install button, it says that it is downloading X of 3585 MB.

I can try again with some sort of logging enabled, or if it already produces a log, I can send it in to Acustica.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I don't know if this will be interesting at all, but on the Sand 3 page in Aquarius, under the 'Information' area, it says that Version O000 has a size of 2752 MB, but when I click on the install button, it says that it is downloading X of 3585 MB.

I can try again with some sort of logging enabled, or if it already produces a log, I can send it in to Acustica.
Yep.Welcome to the club.
The same problem like yours.
Download error.. stop on 3565MB.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:

Ok! I couldn't reproduce the exact error you're reporting, i haven't had Sand3 installed on my PC before (Windows10), so I went to the purchases tab on Aquarius and started the download for the VST3, somewhere in the middle I had a dropout on the wifi connection so I had an error message. I clicked the trash icon (top right) to purge the stage area, then to be sure I checked the directory on windows, empty.
Closed Aquarius, opened it again (always run as Admin) went to the home tab and started downloading again, went to dinner (creamy herb mushroom chicken if it helps), came back, no error message, opened Studio One, and voila! (see attachments)

If you please can submit a ticket to our help desk with the log file will be the best way to solve the problem and maybe help other users!

How to create a LOG file in Aquarius:
+Run Aquarius.
+Do a "Control+Click" over Aquarius logo in the upper left part, and click OK.
+Find the Aquarius LOG.

Keep me posted, my PMs are always open!
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica Audio releases Sand3: Rock your mix!-1.jpg   Acustica Audio releases Sand3: Rock your mix!-2.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I was having that download problem before and clearing up some space on my HD seemed to fix it. I ended up needing at least 8 gb or so for whatever reason ....
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
Cola
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I ended up needing at least 8 gb or so for whatever reason ....

Interesting. I hope Acustica looks into this. Pagefile issue?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

As a long time sceptic who lately arrived at Acusticas door - due to the fact that Aqua plugins were introduced - I am so glad to discover these beauties.

These Eq´s really sound sweet. The compressors are getting better and better.

Acustica Plugins have a tendency to "broaden" the sound, as hardware does and Sand is a joy to work with.

With some SSD´s on board it*s acutally a breeze to freeze. Can´t go back.

Thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Interesting. I hope Acustica looks into this. Pagefile issue?
Once the download got around halfway, the progress would change to show a negative number, which I've never seen before. It looked like this: -2340 of 3500 mb.

I also monitored my SSD space as it was installing and noticed that it was taking up way more space than 3.5 gb while installing. I assumed this was from install files or whatever. I didn't have enough space and the download would fail. So I cleared up more space (around 8 gb free as I said) and it worked.

That was with the Sand3 trial. I've since cleared up more space on that SSD and bought Sand3. The install for the non-trial version went smoothly, but it also did the negative thing (-2600 of 3500 mb, for example).
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Question,

What are the other console emulations (with the 32 channels for summing) that Acustica offers besides Sand and Cola?

Sand I believe is a SSL 9K emulation, correct? After demoing it, while tight and defined and definitely an improvement, it seems to have a relaxed, smooth, almost shiny vibe that doesn’t necessarily fit my material. I’m looking for something a little more aggressive (hard electronic music, grimy rap beats)

Can any of you point me in the right direction?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack2020 View Post
Question,

What are the other console emulations (with the 32 channels for summing) that Acustica offers besides Sand and Cola?

Sand I believe is a SSL 9K emulation, correct? After demoing it, while tight and defined and definitely an improvement, it seems to have a relaxed, smooth, almost shiny vibe that doesn’t necessarily fit my material. I’m looking for something a little more aggressive (hard electronic music, grimy rap beats)

Navy, I also think you're looking for something that brings more energy and Navy does.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack2020 View Post
Question,

Give Taupe a try, it's on sale for 6 more days, also Diamond Color EQ-3 and Pink3
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Navy, I also think you're looking for something that brings more energy and Navy does.
Thank you, I’ll check it out.

Last edited by cjack2020; 3 weeks ago at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Give Taupe a try, it's on sale for 6 more days, also Diamond Color EQ-3 and Pink3
Thank you, searching for console summing in particular, all three of these offer this? Not just tape or just EQ. Summing like Sand...Hard grimy electronic, rap beats.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search