The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Acustica Audio releases Sand3: Rock your mix!
Old 1 day ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack2020 View Post
Thank you, searching for console summing in particular, all three of these offer this? Not just tape or just EQ. Summing like Sand...Hard grimy electronic, rap beats.
for Console Emulation like Sand: Cola, Lime, Amethyst, Cream, Gold.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

@AcustiaCM: Pink 3 is on sale?

Where?
Old 1 day ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
@AcustiaCM: Pink 3 is on sale?

Where?
Pink 3 is not on sale, maybe I needed to add another comma Taupe is on sale for 6 more days, the other ones on sale are Diamond (offer ends Oct30) and Sand 3 (offer ends Nov. 4)
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut
Ok thanks, maybe I’m not being clear enough.

I’m looking for something that has all of the 32 channels of summing, set up exactly like Sand3.

Less of a smooth, shiny character, more of an aggressive one that will enhance hard electronic and rap material. Not Sand, not Cola, not Lime.

Maybe this isn’t the correct place to ask, as I know this is the Sand thread. But rather than demo seven or eight different things, which I’d rather not spend time or HD space on, if this is something available to me right now, I will demo and potentially buy. if not, then that’s that.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

The only other AA plug that has individual pre-amp channel summing (that I know of) like Sand is Cola. I own Sand, but don't own Cola, so I can't speak to its character.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:

I’m looking for something that has all of the 32 channels of summing, set up exactly like Sand3.

Less of a smooth, shiny character, more of an aggressive one that will enhance hard electronic and rap material. Not Sand, not Cola, not Lime.

Maybe this isn’t the correct place to ask, as I know this is the Sand thread. But rather than demo seven or eight different things, which I’d rather not spend time or HD space on, if this is something available to me right now, I will demo and potentially buy. if not, then that’s that.
Navy, Cream, Cola and Sand have different line and mic inputs from the specific consoles. Thou not all of them have 32 different ones, but at least 16 line ins and at least 12 mic pres on Cream. Others have more.

Cream is more vintage but a tad bit dirty, quite colourful. Navy is a modern cleanish sound but enhances everything a little. Cola is more laid back than Sand.
But none of them have a really aggressive sound.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut
@ kuulart @ denork thank you for the Navy recommendation, at first glance I was only seeing a couple preamps were sampled but I'm demoing it and it's a full console..

I threw Navy on the same beat I was demoing Sand with, it's not fully mixed but I wanted to see where it would take it. Seems to enhance but not get in the way, or mellow things out too much. Nice.

Obviously I'll sit with this for a min but This may be one of the first Acquas I buy

What do u think? Check this little sample out:

Edit: it’s throttling the hell out of my machine. Oh well.
Attached Files

BatmanNavyDemo.wav (5.77 MB, 1067 views)

Last edited by cjack2020; 1 day ago at 10:53 PM..
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

How would people rate Taupe vs the latest releases (Navy2, pink3,sand3, cream, cola) in terms of EQ? I think taupe's eq sounds amazing but I'd like to go with something else as I don't need another tape plugin.

Is taupe's EQ considered dirty/aggressive compared to the others? Which one would be comparable?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Cola has all the console channel pres in the main plugin. Try it out. Navy2 is top-notch and has the channels too, but it's more of the Neve flavour. You still might really like it though (it is excellent and has been my go-to now). Cola is faster-sounding than Navy2 though so you might like it. It's sampled from a Cadac G series .... Sits somewhere between Neve and API.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Cola has all the console channel pres in the main plugin. Try it out. Navy2 is top-notch and has the channels too, but it's more of the Neve flavour. You still might really like it though (it is excellent and has been my go-to now). Cola is faster-sounding than Navy2 though so you might like it. It's sampled from a Cadac G series .... Sits somewhere between Neve and API.
Thx, see above...ahh Neve goodness. Probably why I’m digging Navy. Too bad it’s throttling the hell outta my machine. Maybe if they separated the pre/summing and made it standalone that’d help?

Seems to be doing well with just group summing and on the two bus though. Very nice.

I will try Cola again for my faster material.

Last edited by cjack2020; 1 day ago at 11:50 PM..
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

GOLD = vintage N3v3
NAVY = modern AMS N3v3

So, I was wondering what the preamps labeled CUST are for? They are in the standalone SAND3PRE plugin. They were left out of the user manual.
Old 18 hours ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
GOLD = vintage N3v3
NAVY = modern AMS N3v3

So, I was wondering what the preamps labeled CUST are for? They are in the standalone SAND3PRE plugin. They were left out of the user manual.
Hi Doom, GC quote from FB Forum: - cust is "custom", they are the original pre, basically the old Sand is covered, and you have line, mic, bus new -
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Hi Doom, GC quote from FB Forum: - cust is "custom", they are the original pre, basically the old Sand is covered, and you have line, mic, bus new -
Very nice! Thanks for the information. These ones?

Old 16 hours ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Very nice! Thanks for the information.
You're welcome! You got me there, he didn't specify which one, let me check on that.
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear

Yes those ones
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
How would people rate Taupe vs the latest releases (Navy2, pink3,sand3, cream, cola) in terms of EQ? I think taupe's eq sounds amazing but I'd like to go with something else as I don't need another tape plugin.

Is taupe's EQ considered dirty/aggressive compared to the others? Which one would be comparable?
IMO all modern aqua EQs are "good" - meaning: they have more or less all the same emulation quality as far as they (in theory) totally depend on the original hardware captured. maybe the coding in one or another is better but I guess this doesn´t make differences in sound with the acoustica technology, at least from what I think how this technology works (with impulse responses).

so I think it totally depends on what kind of tool you need in a special situation.
it could very well be that the best one would be a different EQ in every situation.

so (and this is a time consuming process) if you want to find the best one for the job you have to try them all. of course nobody has the time to do this all the time and it doesn´t make sense either.

my way out of this dilema was to create a few chains or single instances (that I use for mixing mainly) that work best on a broad selection of material in a typical situation (eg, low mids of a sound need a reduction) in conjunction with the rest of my analog and digital equipment.

of course it would be different choices in combination with other gear and apart from that you can achieve same things with different combinations.

so to cut the story short, I think if you want to learn what works best in your own case you have to to try. I guess this is the only way since you will not find the right answers in asking others.

but of course it totally makes sense to ask which ones are cleaner or more agressive!
the taupe EQs are rather coloured for my taste, actually I think most aquas are quite coloured which in the end is what they are made for.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search