The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Applied Acoustics Systems releases the Ultra Analog VA-3 analog synthesizer plug-in
Old 3 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Applied Acoustics Systems releases the Ultra Analog VA-3 analog synthesizer plug-in

Applied Acoustics Systems releases the Ultra Analog VA-3 analog synthesizer plug-in-unnamed.jpg

Applied Acoustics Systems announces the official release of Ultra Analog VA-3 —an all-new version of its analog synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows.

Ultra Analog VA-3 is a two-voice two-oscillator-bi-filter-plus-effects analog synthesizer with advanced editing options that achieve a sweet balance between familiarity and flexibility. Ultra Analog VA-3 ships with 1000+ presets taking full advantage of its state-of-the-art analog components.

Here are some of Ultra Analog VA-3’s new features:
  • Home view—the Home view presents a distraction free and laid-back browsing and tweaking experience.
  • Two-Voice Multitimbral—Two independent timbres—stacked or split—create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds.
  • Macros—Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
  • Browser—The brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the right sounds thanks to the Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views.
  • Factory Library—Ultra Analog VA-3’s factory library contains 500 never heard before sounds as well as refined versions of the 800+ Ultra Analog VA-2 presets.
  • Ladder Filter—Ultra Analog VA-3’s multi-mode modules now star a brand-new ladder-type filter for that classic low- pass response

“This new version is all about adding new dimensions to the classic analog sound,” says Eric Thibeault, product designer at Applied Acoustics Systems. “Ultra Analog VA-3 is now multitimbral. Combining two independent Ultra Analog synthesis engines opens up a whole new world in terms of content. We’ve also added per-layer macros that allow sound designers to make sound variations an integral part of the design process. A huge effort has been put into the factory library to exploit all these new possibilities. Each and every sounds were fine-tuned to provide a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling MIDI-controlled sound transformation assignments.​ ​We’re positive that you’ll enjoy this new version of Ultra Analog.”

AAS Ultra Analog VA-3—Analog Synthesizer
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/ultra-analog-va-3/

The Ultra Analog VA-3 plug-ins run on both Windows and Mac OS X in 64-bit host sequencers that support the VST2, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, and NKS formats.

Ultra Analog VA-3 is available now at a suggested retail price of US$199. The upgrade for Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-2 registered users is priced at $79. The upgrade for Ultra Analog Session registered users is priced at $99.

Special Introductory Pricing
Until October 22, 2019, everything Ultra Analog VA-3 is offered at special introductory pricing—as follows:
Ultra Analog VA-3 plug-in US$149 (50$ off)
Ultra Analog VA-3 +PACKS bundle US$299 ($100 off)
Ultra Analog VA-3 Upgrade for Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-2 users US$39 (50% off) Ultra Analog VA-3 Upgrade for Ultra Analog Session users US$49 (50% off)
All String Studio VS-3 sound packs US$19 (50% off)

Ultra Analog VA-3 +PACKS bundles the Ultra Analog VA-3 plug-in and 15 additional sound packs.
Attached Thumbnails
Applied Acoustics Systems releases the Ultra Analog VA-3 analog synthesizer plug-in-unnamed.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I tried the demo but the UI is so small in my 5K monitor and it can't be resized. I also spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out how to init a patch but couldn't find a way to do it. Since I don't care about presets I just gave up.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

So many devs overlook the crucial importance of UI resizablity, but this is bad especially for synths where there are a million knobs. It changes the whole usability and feel of the product
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I'll probably wait for another year or two to upgrade using the holiday discount price of $99 to get all the plugins in the AAS Collection I don't own plus the new ones. They released String Studio 3 a little less than a year ago, so I figure that it'll take them roughly 2 years to release Strum 3 and then Chromaphone 3 with the enhancements they've done to the first two.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

GUI Scaling added in 3.1.0 update yesterday.. works a charm.

Have to say loving the new browser and the refreshed factory updates to my ears anyway sound really good...

Always loved the sound of this plugin, and very happy with the upgrade
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazybrain View Post
GUI Scaling added in 3.1.0 update yesterday.. works a charm.

Have to say loving the new browser and the refreshed factory updates to my ears anyway sound really good...

Always loved the sound of this plugin, and very happy with the upgrade
+1.
I have most of the AAS stuff, I have to say, not that keen on the "double layer" idea of the ver 3 upgrades, but the new browser makes the use of the expansions first time userfriendly. And the sound modelling of the AAS is beatiful, love the company.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pier25 View Post
I tried the demo but the UI is so small in my 5K monitor and it can't be resized. I also spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out how to init a patch but couldn't find a way to do it. Since I don't care about presets I just gave up.
I Had the same problem, had to manually reset all parameters and then save as init preset. Maybe there is one but i love to dive in directly without reading and let the knobs talk. In this case the knobs didn‘t Talk That much. ?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut
- I actually found the new layout to be much friendlier and easy to use and surprised that people find it too small - they fixed the resize it seems
- I also like the layer/split idea but it seems you have to save a layer on its own into a separate library and can't just pull in a preset from the patch browser which I guess is due to the fact that a patch can have two layers
- Would be cool to have an "import Layer" where you select a patch and it shows if it is 1 or two layers, allows you to mute them and then choose the layer to import....then save it if you want on it's own so you can easily curate individual sounds as components rather than full patches, especially as a layer has it's own FX.
- The analog nature of the sound is pretty great and the new Ladder filter is nice.
- Workflow in my opinion is much improved...good device IMO
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head
I ended up buying the upgrade, even though I bought VA-2 just last month & I'm a bit surprised they didn't grant freebies to people who purchased recently. There's some control bugs related to external monitors that I encountered in VA-2 that I guess won't ever be fixed now. Hopefully I might still be able to report them to be fixed in VA-3.

VA-3 seems to sound better than VA-2, but I haven't fallen in love with it yet. I've also been playing with a demo of Dune & the default presets in Dune seem richer & more exciting to me. I'm trying to create my own VA-3 presets but I don't seem to get interesting sounds as easily as with Dune. That said, I prefer VA-3 over TAL U-NO-LX and I spent roughly the same money on both.

The UI resize in 3.1.0 seems pretty good though. I like that you can just drag & resize and it isn't restricted to fixed ratios like in Arturia's stuff (and I think Pianoteq too). And the new preset browser feels like an improvement the more that I use it. Once I discovered that you can copy/paste individual layers that started to make more sense to me too.

Like everyone else, I ended up creating an Init patch of my own too. Would be nice if it came with one from the start.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search