The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Devious Machines release Pitch Monster - A beast of an FX plug-in!
Old 2 weeks ago
Cool Devious Machines release Pitch Monster - A beast of an FX plug-in!

Six Octaves, 64 Voices, A Million Possibilities

Devious Machines release Pitch Monster - A beast of an FX plug-in!-pitchmonsterscreenshot1.jpg

Devious Machines are proud to introduce our new plug-in, Pitch Monster - a powerful granular processor, pitch shifter, vocoder and harmoniser.

Underneath Pitch Monster’s streamlined exterior lurks an absolute beast, capable of 64 voices of sound-warping insanity. Transform a solo vocal into a beautiful choir or robotic melody; turn a mono synth into an orchestra, or your own familiar speaking voice into the rumbling vibrations of Thor, God of Thunder.

With its granular, formant and robo-tastic vocoder engines, Pitch Monster goes far beyond ordinary pitch shifting. Realtime MIDI control, low latency and 8-voice polyphony mean that it can be played like an instrument. Pitch and time spread and randomisation functions turn ordinary sounds into the fantastical, whilst extreme formant shifting can not only alter the gender of a voice, but mutate it into an entirely different species!

Just don’t turn the knobs too far. You don’t want to get it over-excited.

FEATURES

Harmonise with up to 8 voices of polyphony
Huge 6-octave range
Dial in 8 voices of unison for a 64 voice stack
Granular, formant-shifting and vocoder engines
Realtime MIDI control
Programmable chord memories, with hundreds of presets
Dual high + low pass filters for fine tonal control
Wide mode for BIG stereo effects
Responsive, low-latency DSP engine

For a limited period, you can get Pitch Monster for the special introductory price of £59.99 (regular price £79). Find out more, and check out the free demo over at deviousmachines.com/pitchmonster

Attached Thumbnails
Devious Machines release Pitch Monster - A beast of an FX plug-in!-pitchmonsterscreenshot1.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Tried it briefly and so far I love it. Really need to get the chance to dig into it. Hoping I can manage before the trial runs out and the intro sale ends. The feature set alone is great and from my initial testing this is a great creative effect. So far I haven't seen anything bad from devious machines so I have high hope's for this.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Wow.

Last edited by Mixolyd; 2 weeks ago at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Trying longer url for display
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Just wondering whether anyone knows how long this is on the Intro offer for?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Bought!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Here's how to route midi in logic if anyone couldn't figure it out at first like me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHC7d_T4z9A
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@ Dev. When does the intro offer end?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexishere View Post
Here's how to route midi in logic if anyone couldn't figure it out at first like me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHC7d_T4z9A
There's an UD'd version with the AU Sidechain tab-should be in the same Demo DL Area @DM.com. Use as an Instrument and SC the Audio into it
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

On a side note, I sent an email to Devious Machines to ask why there were no Euro prices on their site (and a couple of other things). Dom from Devious Machines promptly responded with a very humorous email. I won't quote it because it is both personal communication and politically loaded but it seems that not only are they creating interesting plugins, they also have a great sense of humour!

Alistair
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Can someone post a voice recording of Pitch Monster's MIDI mode being used with a MIDI file or MIDI keyboard ?, because i want to hear how it compares to Manipulators MIDI to Voice.

if you're unsure what i am talking about, watch this video of Manipulators MIDI to Voice, skip to 3 minutes & 36 seconds on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ev...youtu.be&t=216
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

How does this compare to Izotope's Vocal Synth 2
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
How does this compare to Izotope's Vocal Synth 2
Totally different to Vocal Synth, this has a transparent quality, like stacked and tuned backing vocals with formant shift for variation! Listen to their demo of the harmonies created for the female singer! Can you image Vocal Synth sound that clean and punchy? The Polyverse Manipulator plug-in would be the closest competitor to this..

I thought I was done with these types of plug-ins but Devious Machines proved me wrong! Great quality and great feature set, simply great!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
Totally different to Vocal Synth, this has a transparent quality, like stacked and tuned backing vocals with formant shift for variation! Listen to their demo of the harmonies created for the female singer! Can you image Vocal Synth sound that clean and punchy? The Polyverse Manipulator plug-in would be the closest competitor to this..

I thought I was done with these types of plug-ins but Devious Machines proved me wrong! Great quality and great feature set, simply great!
Thanks for your take on it. I will check it out then and see whether I can get quicker results than say going through melodyne and manually stacking BGVs - anything to speed up the creativity is good with me.

I like the look of Texture as well but not sure whether to go for Denise's Noise 2 plugin which is cheaper any idea on those?

Plugins like these are great for speed and ideas.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Just subscribed to their mailing list and received a further £10 off the intro price for this up until the end of October. Just thought I'd give the heads up on this for anyone interested as I found this out by chance myself elsewhere (hence why I subbed to their mailing list).
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warped Effect View Post
Can someone post a voice recording of Pitch Monster's MIDI mode being used with a MIDI file or MIDI keyboard ?, because i want to hear how it compares to Manipulators MIDI to Voice.

if you're unsure what i am talking about, watch this video of Manipulators MIDI to Voice, skip to 3 minutes & 36 seconds on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ev...youtu.be&t=216
Check out this new tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVd0VOpnzNA

It starts with formant shifting, then chords, then towards the end there's a demo of realtime MIDI control.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Just subscribed to their mailing list and received a further £10 off the intro price for this up until the end of October. Just thought I'd give the heads up on this for anyone interested as I found this out by chance myself elsewhere (hence why I subbed to their mailing list).
Where can I subscribe. Couldn't see it on the site
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for your take on it. I will check it out then and see whether I can get quicker results than say going through melodyne and manually stacking BGVs - anything to speed up the creativity is good with me.

I like the look of Texture as well but not sure whether to go for Denise's Noise 2 plugin which is cheaper any idea on those?

Plugins like these are great for speed and ideas.
Texture is better in my opinion. If all you want is to layer noise, it's still better than Noize 2. It's soooo much easier to select the range for granular slice with many more options for how the slices play. It's drag and drop also. And that's just the noise layering. It's just 10x easier to work with in my experience, 10x more powerful (at least) and well worth the extra money. Though I bought it reduced when it was released...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
Where can I subscribe. Couldn't see it on the site
Just scroll right to the very bottom of their home page on their website and enter your email address and click "subscribe" and then go in your email account and click on link sent in an email from them to confirm and you will will receive the email with the voucher.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Price not in euros? Trying to make an political expression in you business, how dare you? Me as an european are not going to tolerate it and i will ignore you!

...just kidding, bagged and bought. Thanks for the heads up guys for the subscription discount!
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Would love to hear some thoughts for this vs Manipulator for those who have tried both.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

This is what Manipulator and Pitch Monster "MIDI to Voice" sounds like with their default settings with my silly voice recording and a MIDI file, and the MIDI file is Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles, if anyone is wondering lol.

Manipulator MIDI to Voice Default Settings MP3
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kutop0...tings.mp3/file

Pitch Monster MIDI to Voice Default Settings (Using Vocode + MIDI Mode) MP3
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eu3uzt...tings.mp3/file
Old 2 days ago
_gl
Gear Maniac

is this any good on guitar chords, or just mono sounds? ie. could you use it like a whammy bar, in realtime? if so, what's the latency at 48k?
Old 16 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by _gl View Post
is this any good on guitar chords, or just mono sounds? ie. could you use it like a whammy bar, in realtime? if so, what's the latency at 48k?
Yes, you should be able to use the granular engine as you describe, and the latency in that mode is just 1ms.

It also has a feature for live use to disable latency compensation. When that's enabled, the plugin will report zero latency (so won't add latency to your setup), but the pitch shifted sound will emerge fractionally late compared to the dry.

The live whammy bar is an interesting use case that we hadn't thought of. Do check out the demo and let us know how you get on with that!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search