The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Native Instruments releases Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic
Old 3 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Software Native Instruments releases Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic

Perform with your pick of two powerful KONTAKT instruments: A pattern-based instrument packed with 194 authentic picking and strumming patterns, and another primed for playing or programming in your own melodies. Each instrument is based on a carefully sampled 1973 Martin 00-21, played by a studio-session veteran and recorded through a mix of boutique and vintage microphones and high-end outboard gear.

PICKED ACOUSTIC captures the rich, clear tone of a Martin 00-21 – a small-bodied, Sitka spruce–topped guitar, perfectly suited to melodic and finger-picked playing styles. Favored by Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, and many others over the years, the 00-21 has featured on countless hit records. Our model, a pristine 1973 example, was played by a seasoned session pro and sampled through three different stereo microphone setups for maximum versatility:

The Condenser (AB) mic setup uses two condenser mics for a natural, modern-sounding stereo image. Dynamic (MS) uses a vintage dynamic mic to recall the rock and folk sounds of the 70s, enhanced with a tube condenser mic in figure-of-eight mode for adjustable stereo width. And Ribbon (Blumlein) employs two ribbon mics for a rich and warm vintage sound.

Beyond selecting your microphone setup, PICKED ACOUSTIC makes it easy to adjust the stereo width, add doubling and add high-end studio effects. And with REPLIKA delay built right in, plus all-new plate reverb, chorus, vintage compression, tape saturation, and more, you’ve got all the flexibility you need to craft the guitar sound in your head.

Whether you’re producing a track, recording a jingle, or just laying down a demo, PICKED ACOUSTIC gets you started fast. Choose from a huge variety of picked rhythms, arpeggios, and strummed patterns in a range of styles and musical genres. Load the separate melody instrument to meld loops and melodies into one cohesive, authentic performance. Then polish your performance with vibrato, hammer-ons and pull-offs, as well as advanced playing techniques like harmonics and tremolo – each playable with fingers or plectrum in multiple positions on the neck. Add slides, fret noise, and even tweak the guitar’s tuning accuracy.

Link: https://www.native-instruments.com/e...cked-acoustic/
Attached Thumbnails
Native Instruments releases Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic-img-ce-picked-acoustic-01-intro_1-16f73e564c192a3bf5c331e8672eb975-d.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Software Native Instruments_Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic

New NI Instrument.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Instant buy. I have Strummed Acoustic 2
and Electric Sunburst, both incredibly
useful. In fact I’ve done entire tracks
using them for all guitar parts except
solos.

This should be equally as good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Instant purchase for me too. Got both the NI Strummed Acoustic VIs and the Electric Sunburst - some of the few Kontakt Instruments I've used the most. Thought this would be good and I wasn't wrong. Had a quick play with it and it's certainly got the wow factor. I'm an OK rhythm guitarist but I can't fingerpick and this just gives me so much more creative scope. The acoustic sounds are fantastic with a lot of flexibility. Well worth the money!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Meh…
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

bought
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A '73 Martin is considered "vintage?"

It sounds pretty legit.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Been workin with it a couple of hours.
By far the best of NI’s Session Guitars
series. It shows up as two .nki’s, one
is called Picked Acoustic Melody, one is
called Picked Acoustic. The “Melody”
instrument allows you to physically play
individual notes, just like any other
virtual guitar..but with the added feature
that all the patterns are ALSO available
on keyswitches, so you can switch between
playing your own melody lines and the
patterns. This frees you up from being
locked to just the patterns (which you will
eventually exhaust) and allows
creation of unlimited patterns and phrases,
if you’re good at playing “keyboard guitar”
and understand how guitarists play.

If you do track production entirely by
yourself, as I do, this is a must-have.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Bought. It's quite good, found some pattern presets right away that I used and the good thing is you can load up more instances of it and use the same effect preset for different pattern presets. I also have Realitone Fingerpick 2 and, not sure, it may have more pattern keyswitches on board. But the Melody nki is a real plus too I think. Still have to explore that. And you can turn the effects right off if desired too, or tweak your own.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search