The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Analog Matrix from Access Analog - connect to analog hardware in the cloud!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic audio View Post
Hm...buffer underrun, what gives? I have very good broadband. Underrun.....wtf?
Underruns will happen occasionally due to fluctuations in the internet connection. Were you connecting on WiFi that is shared? Connecting to Colorado from Sweden? Email us at [email protected] and let's do some troubleshooting - we'll get you setup and make sure you get some extra time!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Would be cool if you get some older gear on too, like older 1176 originals, old LA2A, some old Quad8 or Electrodyne eq's, and definitely a GML 8200.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Have tried this the last hour or so (from Sweden) and I am very impressed. Booked the SSL Fusion for an hour and it worked without any hassle. Easy booking and even easier handling during the "session". Even for a halfwit like me.

This is perfect for me as I'm starting up a small business located in the north of Sweden (as in the middle of nowhere). Will definitely use this.

Add a few units* and I will be ecstatic

* A Curve Bender/TC Swift EQ and an Electra
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I would definetly like to see some API eq's in the matrix
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalin View Post
That's a GREAT idea!!! We recognize the need for some EQ options.......this could be arriving really soon......
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
This x 100000 yes
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Neve Portico all the way please
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Also, a Compex would be lovely, new or old. Guaranteed repeat business from me.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hardware

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep6x View Post
This x 100000 yes
api 5500 Dual Equalizer will be available in the Analog Matrix next week!

Arrives 10/7/19
Attached Thumbnails
The Analog Matrix from Access Analog - connect to analog hardware in the cloud!-api5500ig.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
ULA
Here for the gear

I just had a chance to try this out and it worked well, was easy to use, and sounds awesome!

I did have a few questions that others might run into as well:

I used the SSL compressor and the meter seemed to be pinned around 4 no matter what I did. Was I doing something wrong or missing something here? Sounds like the compression itself was working fine.

Is there any way to bypass a single piece of equipment in a chain without removing it (and thus resetting the settings) or hitting the bypass directly on the gear itself? i.e. temporarily routing the signal path around it.

I really appreciate the ability to quickly A/B in the digital world and wondering if that could be possible here as well.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Neve MBP would be a killer addition, a versatile (and great sounding) beast.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Just occurred to me that if you had some mechanical reverb units, like a really nice plate reverb and some AKG, Master Room and Orban springs, I would be using them. And I would be VERY surprised if I was the only one.......

Hell, put a Space Echo on there and watch the server tank lol
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULA View Post
I just had a chance to try this out and it worked well, was easy to use, and sounds awesome!

I did have a few questions that others might run into as well:

I used the SSL compressor and the meter seemed to be pinned around 4 no matter what I did. Was I doing something wrong or missing something here? Sounds like the compression itself was working fine.

Is there any way to bypass a single piece of equipment in a chain without removing it (and thus resetting the settings) or hitting the bypass directly on the gear itself? i.e. temporarily routing the signal path around it.

I really appreciate the ability to quickly A/B in the digital world and wondering if that could be possible here as well.
Thanks for connecting! We did have an issue with the camera on the G Comp meter - it's fixed now, compressor was working fine, just a little hiccup on the camera that tracks the needle. We'll send you a coupon for some free time so you can try again.

Tip: if something seems off - hit the 'Reset' button in the top right hand corner to clear the stream and refresh the connection to the server. You can also disconnect and reconnect.

We currently do not have a way to bypass a single piece of equipment in the chain, although we are working on metering, bypass and possibly wet/dry blend as an option between each piece of gear. If you are doing A/B testing - click the '+' sign next to the reset menu and create your own preset for that device - makes it easy to recall when switching devices around. For perspective- think of how much easier this is than managing a patch bay and manually changing settings!

Also - use the wet/dry blend knob for easy comparisons - that's the best way to bypass the processing quickly.

Hope this helps - feel free to email or DM us with any questions!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac View Post
Neve Portico all the way please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Also, a Compex would be lovely, new or old. Guaranteed repeat business from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Just occurred to me that if you had some mechanical reverb units, like a really nice plate reverb and some AKG, Master Room and Orban springs, I would be using them. And I would be VERY surprised if I was the only one.......

Hell, put a Space Echo on there and watch the server tank lol
How would you guys feel about an Access Analog Kickstarter campaign to fund the purchase of the gear you are requesting? You could invest and receive hours on the equipment as your reward.... could help us expand the Analog Matrix at a faster rate with the most desired equipment

API 5500 is going live next week in the Analog Matrix! And we've got more new gear in the works....stay tuned!
Old 2 weeks ago
ULA
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessAnalog View Post
Thanks for connecting! We did have an issue with the camera on the G Comp meter - it's fixed now, compressor was working fine, just a little hiccup on the camera that tracks the needle. We'll send you a coupon for some free time so you can try again.

Tip: if something seems off - hit the 'Reset' button in the top right hand corner to clear the stream and refresh the connection to the server. You can also disconnect and reconnect.

We currently do not have a way to bypass a single piece of equipment in the chain, although we are working on metering, bypass and possibly wet/dry blend as an option between each piece of gear. If you are doing A/B testing - click the '+' sign next to the reset menu and create your own preset for that device - makes it easy to recall when switching devices around. For perspective- think of how much easier this is than managing a patch bay and manually changing settings!

Also - use the wet/dry blend knob for easy comparisons - that's the best way to bypass the processing quickly.

Hope this helps - feel free to email or DM us with any questions!

Very kind of you to offer a coupon! I will take another look but count on continued support here.

I did end up resetting a couple times.

I won't argue that this is definitely more convenient than real life but I really appreciate the ability to A/B easily in the digital world, so it was just a question in taking things to the next level, and specifically routing in/around a single piece rather than the entire chain. I did use the wet/dry knob which is great. Additional metering for gain staging in/out would be great to round out that feature. Good to know you're looking further at this.

I did have one last question - I tried moving the active plugin onto a different channel in Logic Pro X and down a place or two within the channelstrip itself (to play with gain staging prior to) and both times the plugin reset and I lost the chain/settings I had setup and had to sign into my session again. Is this expected behavior? Either way would be good to know that once the plugin is running don't touch it or you will have to start over from scratch.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
How would you guys feel about an Access Analog Kickstarter campaign to fund the purchase of the gear you are requesting? You could invest and receive hours on the equipment as your reward.... could help us expand the Analog Matrix at a faster rate with the most desired equipment

API 5500 is going live next week in the Analog Matrix! And we've got more new gear in the works....stay tuned!
A Kickstarter would work for me. Maybe take a poll here and on other message boards then do it per gear?

More gear suggestions:

dbx 160 (ideally) or 160A
Kush Audio Clariphonic
Gates (or Retro Instruments) STA Level

PYE Compressor (or clone http://www.pompye.com/ )

500 series
Neve 1073 LB
SSL 611DYN
SSL 611EQ
Trident A-Range EQ
CAPI LC53A
API 560

Question for you: How exactly is your matrix setup? When I reserve more than one hardware piece, are there multiple A/D to D/A conversions? If so, how many?

Last edited by doom64; 2 weeks ago at 09:00 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
A Kickstarter would work for me. Maybe take a poll here and on other message boards then do it per gear?

More gear suggestions:

dbx 160 (ideally) or 160A
Kush Audio Clariphonic
Gates (or Retro Instruments) STA Level

PYE Compressor (or clone http://www.pompye.com/ )

500 series
Neve 1073 LB
SSL 611DYN
SSL 611EQ
Trident A-Range EQ
CAPI LC53A
API 560

Question for you: How exactly is your matrix setup? When I reserve more than one hardware piece, are there multiple A/D to D/A conversions? If so, how many?
Cool thanks for the suggestions! We're definitely planning on continuing to add equipment to the Analog Matrix, and Kickstarter might be a great path to expediting our growth!

Our current setup sends the signal out of the Aurora (n) to the first piece of hardware you you chose, back to the Aurora (n) then out to the second piece of hardware and back to the Aurora (n) etc. So there is an A/D D/A trip for each piece of equipment. We settled on this configuration to allow the most flexibility, but are considering some digitally-controlled audio switching options like Flock in the future and we may even offer preset hardwired chains. We did some blind A/B tests between hardwired connections and the extra A/D/D/A and found the Aurora (n) to be so transparent that we couldn't hear the difference. DM us if you're curious for more info on this.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULA View Post
Very kind of you to offer a coupon! I will take another look but count on continued support here.

I did end up resetting a couple times.

I won't argue that this is definitely more convenient than real life but I really appreciate the ability to A/B easily in the digital world, so it was just a question in taking things to the next level, and specifically routing in/around a single piece rather than the entire chain. I did use the wet/dry knob which is great. Additional metering for gain staging in/out would be great to round out that feature. Good to know you're looking further at this.

I did have one last question - I tried moving the active plugin onto a different channel in Logic Pro X and down a place or two within the channelstrip itself (to play with gain staging prior to) and both times the plugin reset and I lost the chain/settings I had setup and had to sign into my session again. Is this expected behavior? Either way would be good to know that once the plugin is running don't touch it or you will have to start over from scratch.
Chris here, jumping in. The default values for the plugin were just recently fixed to be "normal/sane" in v4.1.2, which has been available on the website for 2 or 3 days. Update if you haven't already. That said, I think moving the plugin still looks like a remove/re-insert which will cause the plugin to revert to the default values instead of retaining. I think there is a way around this and I need to investigate...will take a note of it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

If I wanted to use a Pultec on a stereo track, I would need to pay double and reserve both of your Pultec EQP devices, one for left, one for right?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I'm definitely going to give this a go. I got back into the Black box plugin and wondered how the hardware might sound, and now I can find out And the Vari Mu also.

A nice Mastering EQ will be my gear request, I've been using the API 5500 and Siemens W295b Nebula libraries and would love something of that calibre in the hardware realm to fiddle with.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
If I wanted to use a Pultec on a stereo track, I would need to pay double and reserve both of your Pultec EQP devices, one for left, one for right?
Yes, I do believe that's the case. 1 hour = $10. Reserved in 30 minute increments so you'd pay $10 for 30 minutes on both Pultecs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 6th Beatle View Post
I'm definitely going to give this a go. I got back into the Black box plugin and wondered how the hardware might sound, and now I can find out And the Vari Mu also.

A nice Mastering EQ will be my gear request, I've been using the API 5500 and Siemens W295b Nebula libraries and would love something of that calibre in the hardware realm to fiddle with.
Well...you are in luck. We announced the API 5500 yesterday and it will be live next Monday. It was interesting working with concentric knobs for the first time.

Quote:
In an effort to speed up the process, what if we had one kickstarter campaign and a poll associated with it with the top 5 requested pieces of gear. When we reach the money target, the highest polled equipment is purchased. Then we can add a new box to the list and repeat. We realize that someone may contribute hoping for a box that does not get chosen, but they still get straight up credit for our service which they can then use on any box we do have (not necessarily the new box). And one day, I'm sure everyone's favorites will eventually be chosen. Do you think most people would prefer this single campaign to get equipment faster...or would they rather go slower and have separate campaigns for each box, but have certainty that their money goes toward the equipment they want.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well...you are in luck. We announced the API 5500 yesterday and it will be live next Monday. It was interesting working with concentric knobs for the first time.
That's perfect, I'll be trying my usual home mastering chain in hardware when my next mix is done!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
In an effort to speed up the process, what if we had one kickstarter campaign and a poll associated with it with the top 5 requested pieces of gear. When we reach the money target, the highest polled equipment is purchased. Then we can add a new box to the list and repeat. We realize that someone may contribute hoping for a box that does not get chosen, but they still get straight up credit for our service which they can then use on any box we do have (not necessarily the new box). And one day, I'm sure everyone's favorites will eventually be chosen. Do you think most people would prefer this single campaign to get equipment faster...or would they rather go slower and have separate campaigns for each box, but have certainty that their money goes toward the equipment they want.
My suggestion would be to have a poll. Place the winning piece of gear in the kickstarter. That way you know exactly what you are raising money for as a supporter of the campaign.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

This guy! This guy knows!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
My suggestion would be to have a poll. Place the winning piece of gear in the kickstarter. That way you know exactly what you are raising money for as a supporter of the campaign.

Just my 2 cents.
+1, think this is a better idea. Although I'm still undecided about the whole kickstarter thing. On one hand you (may) get the gear faster, on the other hand we (the customers) would be buying the gear we wanted to rent time with. Feels a bit weird. Not sure yet :¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncite View Post
This guy! This guy knows!
Nearly bought a second hand unit (great price) last week until I realised it was the MK1 with no bypass and the HP SC set at 250Hz. The sound is so good though.

Also: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ii-mbp/reviews

Fun to read :¬)
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
+1, think this is a better idea. Although I'm still undecided about the whole kickstarter thing. On one hand you (may) get the gear faster, on the other hand we (the customers) would be buying the gear we wanted to rent time with. Feels a bit weird. Not sure yet :¬)
Maybe as a kickstarter supporter they would provide an early access period. Basically letting those that 'helped' get the gear use their rent credit before placing the unit live to the masses?

I get their point from a business standpoint. Scale over time based on actual sales...or scale faster by pre-sale of rental time. Definitely interesting to see how it unfolds.

BTW. I think these guys have a franchise that can be deployed. I wouldn't be surprised to see manufacturers of gear and even retailers getting in on this. As a guitarist, I would love to connect to an Amp Room and DITCH THE SIMS!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Nearly bought a second hand unit (great price) last week until I realised it was the MK1 with no bypass and the HP SC set at 250Hz. The sound is so good though.

Also: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ii-mbp/reviews

Fun to read :¬)
Ok ok. If this piece is in the poll I will push the 'vote' button on every device I own to steal the election...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
Maybe as a kickstarter supporter they would provide an early access period. Basically letting those that 'helped' get the gear use their rent credit before placing the unit live to the masses?

I get their point from a business standpoint. Scale over time based on actual sales...or scale faster by pre-sale of rental time. Definitely interesting to see how it unfolds.

BTW. I think these guys have a franchise that can be deployed. I wouldn't be surprised to see manufacturers of gear and even retailers getting in on this. As a guitarist, I would love to connect to an Amp Room and DITCH THE SIMS!!!
Yes. A simple idea is to convert any kickstarter contributions into equivalent credit for Access Analog service. Our rate is $10/hour. If you contribute $40 to kickstarter, you get 4 hours credit. We could tie it just to the new box being purchased, but it is just as easy to give 4 hours of general credit for any box.

It is basically the same if we just collect our normal revenue through our site, and reinvest it in gear decided by polling. The only difference is the user is paying to use equipment now instead of later. If you take into account the kickstarter fees of 8% to 10%, then maybe it is not such a great idea. Kickstarter would bring focus to the new gear being purchased, but not much else. I don't think they bring any audience. It's like getting a gig at a venue...you bring your own audience .

We have discussed the franchise idea with various entities and received enough interest that we designed it into our system. If you use our plugin, you will see a server drop down box. It only has our one server right now, but everything is set in software for the plugin to connect to more servers than can be anywhere in the world. Potential franchisees can contact us at [email protected]
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

From a legal standpoint, I think holding the poll off Kickstarter is also the smarter idea. Kickstarter project data is permanent...if a company ever sends a cease and desist, you at least want control over deletion.

You could also do something similar to what companies like IK Multimedia do with group buys. That way, you stay clear of Kickstarter's high fees. KS does have a third party verification aspect to it though, which helps a little with donor confidence.

As it stands you all have excellent gear right now. About $15,000 - $20,000 by my quick estimate. So, I thank you for bringing this service out for those of us who don't have the coin or who do not want the upfront investment costs (plus maintenance on the backend) of expensive analog hardware.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search