The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Analog Matrix from Access Analog - connect to analog hardware in the cloud!
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
I think they do not need massive amount of gear for this workflow. If I am using one equipment at one time then it will be shown to others as "Not Available".
Sure, I see what you mean now. Not a terrible idea then
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Hardware Plate reverbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharma one View Post
Had the same idea a few years ago but never pursued it further.

Automated online service for vintage/high end gear

Congrats on the release, the real-time monitoring looks great!

Please consider adding plate reverb at some point

One of those things that most studios wouldn't have space for.
Thanks! Over the past few years (especially at NAMM) many people have shared with us that at some point they had an idea similar to Access Analog. We are happy to bring this dream to life! Thankfully improving internet speeds and the affordable robotics have made it possible.

Yes - plate reverbs! This has emerged as one of the most requested additions to the Analog Matrix and we have been investigating ways to integrate real plates (and maybe even chambers?) We've even been thinking about building an EMT style plate or getting something like the Pluto Plate. Do you have any suggestions for what kind of plate reverb you'd like us to add?
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Reserve equipment on the fly 24/7

Quote:
Another feature request

We should also have an option for booking a slot on spot. For example suppose I am working on a project and i need 1176 to process my vocals, i will load the analog matrix plugin, check if 1176 is available, click on book now option, enter the time for slot and do the payment. This will make the workflow very easier.
This option is available now Even if you do not have equipment reserved, you can insert the Analog Matrix in your session, hit connect and you can see what equipment is currently available, reserved by you, reserved by others, or already in use in your session. If you'd like to reserve something, click on that piece of equipment inside the Analog Matrix and you will be taken to the reserve page on our site. Reserve the gear and you can start using it immediately. (if it is not reserved or in use by another user, you can begin using it up to 30 minutes before your reservation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Guy View Post
Soooo many times I want to go in to the studio just to process signals thru the gear and print it. I work at home now so I sorely miss doing that. If this can cover that need at a MASSIVE fraction of the cost of booking studio time, then I am in love!
Yes you can do this now from anywhere! And you can save your own custom presets for each device plus utilize our offline rendering to speed up your workflow! So not only is it cheaper than booking studio time, it's potentially more time efficient since you won't be dealing with recall and patching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Guy View Post
Sure, I see what you mean now. Not a terrible idea then
We're keeping a close eye on the equipment schedule and will be adding duplicates of devices to meet demand. Often if you have just a bit of flexibility you can find a time slot that works for you - please let us know if you are having trouble getting a reservation when needed. Since our equipment is available 24/7 we hope to have room to accommodate everyone.
Old 21st September 2019
@ AccessAnalog

How about some Eventide H7600 or H9000 Units for some Reverbs/Chorus to print down ?? Also Real Api 500 Series, Neve 500 Series 1073, Neve Tape, Culture Vulture Distortion Etc

KP
Old 21st September 2019
@ AccessAnalog

If we order 3 hours and only use 2 of the hours is there a way to stop the clock and save the last hour for another day/time?

KP
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2020 View Post
@ AccessAnalog

How about some Eventide H7600 or H9000 Units for some Reverbs/Chorus to print down ?? Also Real Api 500 Series, Neve 500 Series 1073, Neve Tape, Culture Vulture Distortion Etc

KP
I took a look at the Eventide units. Units that have a digital user interface with deep menus will be a bit of a challenge, but possible. Not sure how deep the menus are on those units. A 500 series rack is probably in our future. We have had requests for the Culture Vulture multiple times, so that could be our next purchase....after we finish the two we are working on now (to be released soon).
Old 21st September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2020 View Post
@ AccessAnalog

If we order 3 hours and only use 2 of the hours is there a way to stop the clock and save the last hour for another day/time?

KP
We don't have a way to manage that logistically. If this happens occasionally, just email us and we can help you out.
Old 21st September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessAnalog View Post
I took a look at the Eventide units. Units that have a digital user interface with deep menus will be a bit of a challenge, but possible. Not sure how deep the menus are on those units. A 500 series rack is probably in our future. We have had requests for the Culture Vulture multiple times, so that could be our next purchase....after we finish the two we are working on now (to be released soon).
Great!! You could start just offering the presets of the Eventide Units so we can have access to the verbs and lush chorus fx etc until your team figures deeper process of algorithms. Awesome to hear Culture Vultures next in line!!

KP
Old 21st September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessAnalog View Post
We don't have a way to manage that logistically. If this happens occasionally, just email us and we can help you out.

Ok great. That what we did before, and your team helped out!!

KP
Old 21st September 2019
@ AccessAnalog

Another great piece of gear to add is the
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha Channel

KP
Old 22nd September 2019
Lives for gear

I too would love to see some classic synths in a service like this. Reverb/FX boxes also...

Lots of interesting things could be done with this kind of service. Very cool, well done guys!
Old 22nd September 2019
Lives for gear
How is the gain staging in this process. How can we know that we are not hitting the ad stage?
Old 22nd September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
How is the gain staging in this process. How can we know that we are not hitting the ad stage?
We will be adding more metering at the various stages of the audio pipeline to help with gain staging.

Thanks to all for the kind words, support, and encouragement! We have been on this journey for quite a long time, never really knowing if we would be successful.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

I am surprised that the Neve Portico ii MBP has not been mentioned.
It should make a great addition to your hardware lineup!
Old 23rd September 2019
Noa
Gear Addict

Great idea!!! Excited to try this service
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

I tried the service and worked surprisingly smoothly. Only
issue initially was overloading the signal chain because of Ableton's
idiosyncratic/non-intuitive routing was adding monitored audio from multiple
routing tracks. Was solved quickly enough. Still concrete
step-by-step instructions for various daws would be appreciated.

Question:

can one use 2 (or more) instances of the plugin, say one connecting to
hardware A in track/bus 1 and another to hardware B in track/bus 2
with one account and one reservation? Assuming bandwidth allows of course.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
I tried the service and worked surprisingly Question:

can one use 2 (or more) instances of the plugin, say one connecting to
hardware A in track/bus 1 and another to hardware B in track/bus 2
with one account and one reservation? Assuming bandwidth allows of course.
Yes! The equipment in the left panel can be "available" (ready to reserve), "not available" (someone else is using it right now), "reserved" (you own it and it is not in use in any plugin instance), and "in use" (you own it and it is in use in some plugin instance).
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Besides the ability to run mixes through a great tape machine, my second choice would be to get access to the Chandler Mic Cassette!
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Maniac
[edited]
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
I am surprised that the Neve Portico ii MBP has not been mentioned.
It should make a great addition to your hardware lineup!
+1000 for that!

Also some Coil preamps :¬)
Old 23rd September 2019
A few suggestions from some beloved boutique developers that are found in the best tracking, mixing, and mastering studios, and on average out of reach financially to own. And would most likely be heavily booked by mastering engineers who are lusting for this level of gear.

Chandler Limited - Curve Bender and TG1.
Shadow Hills - Mastering Compressor.
Knif Audio - Soma and Vari Mu.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gonna try this service with CL1B! Looking up for the updates
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix View Post
A few suggestions from some beloved boutique developers that are found in the best tracking, mixing, and mastering studios, and on average out of reach financially to own. And would most likely be heavily booked by mastering engineers who are lusting for this level of gear.

Chandler Limited - Curve Bender and TG1.
Shadow Hills - Mastering Compressor.
Knif Audio - Soma and Vari Mu.
This is great! Until now, it has just been a few of us brainstorming and doing online research to determine what the next purchase(s) should be. Now we can have an online poll and get more participation. Of course, the poll could end up evenly distributed .
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear
Manley Massive Passive and Curve Bender and Culture Vulture.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

This is cool as ****!
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Head

I just did an hour session. I was of course skeptical at first, but this was clearly the real deal and it operated wonderfully.
You have yourself a regular customer from now on! Your service is absolutely legit and you are class acts
I am excited to see what other gear you may be adding in the future
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Manley Massive Passive and Curve Bender and Culture Vulture.
Culture Vulture was actually what I was hoping for the most
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Guru

Put a POMPYE on this thing, will ya. And some BG2's. Pretty please.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

Hm...buffer underrun, what gives? I have very good broadband. Underrun.....wtf?
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Head

Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep6x View Post
I just did an hour session. I was of course skeptical at first, but this was clearly the real deal and it operated wonderfully.
You have yourself a regular customer from now on! Your service is absolutely legit and you are class acts
I am excited to see what other gear you may be adding in the future
Great! Happy to hear you enjoyed the real analog processing! And thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Put a POMPYE on this thing, will ya. And some BG2's. Pretty please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep6x View Post
Culture Vulture was actually what I was hoping for the most
Keep the gear requests coming you guys! We've already got a few pieces of new equipment queued up - it takes some time for us to build the custom designed robotics for each piece and get them added to the Analog Matrix. We think it will be worth the wait - you are going to love the new additions!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search