The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Airwindows Channel7: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

or please make Airwindows DAW which have built-in console and channel etc.
Old 4 weeks ago
Airwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxgvr View Post
You put Console Channel on every track, and from Console Bus manipulate those parameters on each track simultaneously.
I'm going to specifically point out, I don't have a good way to do that right now. If I did, I'd be doing stuff like that. Airwindows plugins are very simple and don't do things like write to the disk: they just think about samples and give you the new audio, they don't ever try to reach outside their little space and do stuff on your computer.

This is of course very different from DRM-using plugins with copy protection, that might want to run all sorts of intrusive stuff on your machine (or even user-hostile) but Airwindows stuff is the opposite.

Since my stuff writes nothing outside of its zone and only looks at the sample data coming in, I'm a little bit stuck about doing any of this 'between plugins communication'. There are major issues to doing it on a sample by sample basis (since stuff is calculated in buffers, the other samples for an adjacent track may not even exist yet) but even on a settings basis, I don't know a clear answer for doing this in AU and VST (2).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
I'm going to specifically point out, I don't have a good way to do that right now. If I did, I'd be doing stuff like that. Airwindows plugins are very simple and don't do things like write to the disk: they just think about samples and give you the new audio, they don't ever try to reach outside their little space and do stuff on your computer.

This is of course very different from DRM-using plugins with copy protection, that might want to run all sorts of intrusive stuff on your machine (or even user-hostile) but Airwindows stuff is the opposite.

Since my stuff writes nothing outside of its zone and only looks at the sample data coming in, I'm a little bit stuck about doing any of this 'between plugins communication'. There are major issues to doing it on a sample by sample basis (since stuff is calculated in buffers, the other samples for an adjacent track may not even exist yet) but even on a settings basis, I don't know a clear answer for doing this in AU and VST (2).
I think some major DAWs developers can collaborate with Chris to include his Console stuff as part of their DAWs.

Presonus Studio One has so called "Mix FX" engine which can transform digital summing in that "analog" one.

I would love to see such feature in my favorite Reaper by Cockos.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Can anyone with FL Studio confirm this works for them? The only perceptible change with Drive at 200% is a boost in gain.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

It would be great to someday have Console integrated directly into daws, but for now I would like to see Presonus's Studio One (and the many other daws that don't have it) include a post-fader insert on each channel to make it more practical to use Console. Without post-fader inserts, using Console on S1 involves creating a separate bus for every track to hold each instance of ConsoleChannel so that it comes after the fader, where it needs to be to work right. It's a huge workflow problem, but an easy fix for the daw makers if they would include this simple feature. Cubase/Nuendo and Harrison Mixbus have post-fader inserts, and S1 alredy has them on the master bus but not on individual tracks.

Post-fader inserts are also very useful for saturation plugins like Channel7 whenever you have a track that needs automation to level out an uneven performance. When the saturation comes after the automated fader it receives a more even drive level over the course of the track for a more consistent tone from the saturation. Same goes for compression or any other plugin that depends on the incoming level for its tone.

It would be great if fans of Chris's work would prod Presonus and other daw makers to include post-fader inserts on each channel. By bringing it up on their forums and mentioning Airwindows Console it would also help spread the word about Console and all of Chris's amazing creations, and get him more of the Patreon support he deserves!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchev View Post
It would be great to someday have Console integrated directly into daws, but for now I would like to see Presonus's Studio One (and the many other daws that don't have it) include a post-fader insert on each channel to make it more practical to use Console. Without post-fader inserts, using Console on S1 involves creating a separate bus for every track to hold each instance of ConsoleChannel so that it comes after the fader, where it needs to be to work right. It's a huge workflow problem, but an easy fix for the daw makers if they would include this simple feature. Cubase/Nuendo and Harrison Mixbus have post-fader inserts, and S1 alredy has them on the master bus but not on individual tracks.

Post-fader inserts are also very useful for saturation plugins like Channel7 whenever you have a track that needs automation to level out an uneven performance. When the saturation comes after the automated fader it receives a more even drive level over the course of the track for a more consistent tone from the saturation. Same goes for compression or any other plugin that depends on the incoming level for its tone.

It would be great if fans of Chris's work would prod Presonus and other daw makers to include post-fader inserts on each channel. By bringing it up on their forums and mentioning Airwindows Console it would also help spread the word about Console and all of Chris's amazing creations, and get him more of the Patreon support he deserves!
100% of my support!

Postfader FX is a feauture I scream about on Reaper forums! Reaper is more community oriented DAW. I believe it is much easier to convince Cockos developers to implement this feature in Reaper 6 then Presonus in Studio One.

So, if there are any Reaper users around - go to Reaper forum in Suggestion thread and spread the word about Airwindows Console plugins and Postfader FX!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
100% of my support!

Postfader FX is a feauture I scream about on Reaper forums! Reaper is more community oriented DAW. I believe it is much easier to convince Cockos developers to implement this feature in Reaper 6 then Presonus in Studio One.

So, if there are any Reaper users around - go to Reaper forum in Suggestion thread and spread the word about Airwindows Console plugins and Postfader FX!
And what's the problem? Reaper has this pre or post fader fx switch since long ago.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
And what's the problem? Reaper has this pre or post fader fx switch since long ago.
You can set FX post or pre fader, but you can't have both on the track.

You need to have all FX pre fader, and Console plugin post.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

???

who can seriously remember all of this (airwindows universe)?

I started using them over 10 years ago but the amount of (overlapping and not even distinguishable due to no GUIs and WAY TOO MANY variants) tools that were released in the past 2-3 years make me feel dizzy and confused.

can‘t keep up with the nerd-level I guess lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
i just use the ones i know how to use, if i don't use 'em, i don't worry about 'em. pick your favourites, go hog-wild, and forget about the rest.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
You can set FX post or pre fader, but you can't have both on the track.

You need to have all FX pre fader, and Console plugin post.
Well, you could use a console. Then run out of busses. The make cables to patch in another console. Then bounce to another channel.
Seriously, it's a golden age for audio production. Gotta find a work around with unlimited tracks and busses? So what! GS can get waaaayyy too "but if I could do this" or "if they developed this, I could...."
Even the best Deals of the day were only PFL or AFL, and that was the best you got.
If you consider yourself an audio engineer, do some f***ing engineering. Put on your labcoat and solve the problem.
Engineers once had to manually alter components in circuits to change the attack of a compressor.

Like I said, it's a golden age. Enjoy it before the public is listening only to AI determined, block chain generated autotuned garbage 24/7.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortifex View Post
Can anyone with FL Studio confirm this works for them? The only perceptible change with Drive at 200% is a boost in gain.
Even the density algorithm in the channel series can be relatively subtle.

Have you tried slamming it with a gain plugin in front? It can be useful to get a feel for how its saturating
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkrabtree View Post
Have you tried slamming it with a gain plugin in front? It can be useful to get a feel for how its saturating
I did.

Infront of two [one for the cleaner side, one for the "dirtier" side]

In is awesome
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post

Chris, is it possible to add Hardness control from Crystal to Channel?

"Personality" control is interesting too. I keep it always on 100%. It does something to highs
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojei View Post
or please make Airwindows DAW which have built-in console and channel etc.
AirwinDAWs ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
who can seriously remember all of this (airwindows universe)?

I started using them over 10 years ago but the amount of (overlapping and not even distinguishable due to no GUIs and WAY TOO MANY variants) tools that were released in the past 2-3 years make me feel dizzy and confused.

can‘t keep up with the nerd-level I guess lol
Sadly I have the concur - I stopped trying to keep apace of it. A new plugin every week that is slightly different to the last one, or similar, but not quite the same as another... I too am struggling to differentiate with what seem like endless subtle changes to flavour and function.

No doubt I'll get flamed by the Airwindows Massive now!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
Sadly I have the concur - I stopped trying to keep apace of it. A new plugin every week that is slightly different to the last one, or similar, but not quite the same as another... I too am struggling to differentiate with what seem like endless subtle changes to flavour and function.

No doubt I'll get flamed by the Airwindows Massive now!
Where some of the audio differences may be subtle (albeit distinguishable) there is the other strand to this, which is finding more simple and elegant algorithms to minimise latency. But, as has always been seen in the AW threads, there'll be a hardcore fan of earlier incarnations popping up.

We do need some way of navigating all of the flavours and I think Chris is working on something like this.
In the meantime, this link can be quite helpful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=418114461
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search