The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dynaudio Introduces Core 47 and Core Sub Monitors
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Dynaudio Introduces Core 47 and Core Sub Monitors

Adding to the Core line, Dynaudio has introduced the Core 47, a smaller three way monitor than the Core 59, as well as the Core Sub subwoofer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf89AOtdOVs

https://www.dynaudio.com/professiona...o/core/core-47

https://www.dynaudio.com/professiona.../core/core-sub
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Prices ?
Old 4 weeks ago
I would guess the Core 47 to be twice the price of LYD 48.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I just got the LYD 48’s a few months ago, might have held out had I known these were coming...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
I just got the LYD 48’s a few months ago, might have held out had I known these were coming...
How do you find them ...i'm actually investigating for students ...i have severals that want to go lyd , but i need more infos on those ...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
How do you find them ...i'm actually investigating for students ...i have severals that want to go lyd , but i need more infos on those ...
Hi Jeezo - I like them a lot. I had been using BM5a (MK II) with the 9s sub for years before upgrading. The LYD’s have a lot more in the midrange (as you’d expect) but they are very smooth, not honky in the slightest. This makes me think the crossover is very well implemented. They aren’t overpowering with bass, but I don’t run them with the low frequency extension. I still use my 9s but just to catch the bottom of the range that the LYD’s don’t hit. I’m partial to Dynaudio and really like their tweeters, so I might be biased. I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. If I could knock them on anything, it seems like when I push them harder they hit a bit of a wall with headroom. I’m not sure if this is just my imagination, but I also don’t monitor loudly, so it’s really not a problem for me. I’d recommend them to anyone who isn’t looking to spend big money but wants something with more depth than the insane variety of budget two-way speakers that are out there now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
In case you don't know about their dedicated thread: New Dynaudio LYD 48: 3-way active monitor

Edit: Well lol, you know about it: New Dynaudio LYD 48: 3-way active monitor
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
Hi Jeezo - I like them a lot. I had been using BM5a (MK II) with the 9s sub for years before upgrading. The LYD’s have a lot more in the midrange (as you’d expect) but they are very smooth, not honky in the slightest. This makes me think the crossover is very well implemented. They aren’t overpowering with bass, but I don’t run them with the low frequency extension. I still use my 9s but just to catch the bottom of the range that the LYD’s don’t hit. I’m partial to Dynaudio and really like their tweeters, so I might be biased. I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. If I could knock them on anything, it seems like when I push them harder they hit a bit of a wall with headroom. I’m not sure if this is just my imagination, but I also don’t monitor loudly, so it’s really not a problem for me. I’d recommend them to anyone who isn’t looking to spend big money but wants something with more depth than the insane variety of budget two-way speakers that are out there now.
Thks for the feedback , yep i mostly agree with everything said about dynaudio ...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
In case you don't know about their dedicated thread: New Dynaudio LYD 48: 3-way active monitor

Edit: Well lol, you know about it: New Dynaudio LYD 48: 3-way active monitor
Yep lol ... i hate to give advise on stuff i didn ttried in person ...but i know dynaudio sound bybheart from previous models and to my understand it s still here , layed out diffrently ... wonder if those new babies will rivals their neuman or even atc rivals ..

Still i do think , in 3ways , the 3110 rules ..but they re so hudge ... hard to use them in regular house spaces imho ...
Old 4 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Core 47 seems very similar in design, components, and pricing to the HEDD Type 20. Although the Type 20's crossover frequencies are lower, its quoted FR reaches slightly lower, and it's all analog without its Dante option... where the Core 47 includes a converter and DSP.

I'm already a Type 20 owner, very happy with them, and won't be looking for anything else. But it would be interesting to compare the two... although probably not an easy thing to do to get both in the same room at the same time for a quality, qualified review. If the HEDD Type 20 didn't already exist, I'd probably seriously be looking at the Core 47.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
I would guess the Core 47 to be twice the price of LYD 48.
You nailed it!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Their LYD series was impressive but suffered from the high end stridency every non-DSP or non original black series had (that you could turn the tweeter way down on. Further, these have the worst low end extension of any monitor their size (I mean the larger ones). A woofer that big with the response of a typical 6" from others. Yes, one can use a sub with that. Still the idea of a midfield sized three way (The Boulder, the larger 3-way ADAM and EVE speakers, the larger 3-way HEDD) is to give folks enough low end extension you don't always need a sub. Some models have enough down to 20-25 hz where no sub is required at all. Just my own personal preference.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
His voice doesn't match his face !! ....but cool video !!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search