The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
United Plugins presents: Front DAW by Soundevice Digital - Free for a limited time
Old 5th September 2019
News Desk Editor

United Plugins presents: Front DAW by Soundevice Digital - Free for a limited time

United Plugins presents: Front DAW by Soundevice Digital - Free for a limited time-105.1280x720-fit.v1565261521.jpg

United Plugins presents: Front DAW by Soundevice Digital Saturation plugin free for time-limited period

United Plugins, the federation of small independent software developing teams, announces the availability of the new analogue simulating plugin called Front DAW. The plugin is compatible with all major DAW applications (VST/AAX/AU) on both Windows and OS X.

Turn Your DAW Mixer into an Analogue Desk

The idea of the Front DAW as the front door to your recording application comes from Greg Brimson, well established British producer, remixer and musician, as the result of his long term desire for the old-school analogue sound in his DAW.

Use

As the name suggests, Front DAW is intended to be used as the very first plugin on every track (if desired – FD is really CPU friendly). The plugin adds gain and subtle saturation to them. Thanks to VARM (Variable Analogue Random Modeling – used also previously on Royal Compressor) each track would sound slightly different even with identical settings. But using identical settings may not be the case for everybody, because the plugin offers three types of saturation circuits: BR represents classic fat British consoles, US stands for legendary punchy American style input. Switching to GE will give you velvet-sounding colourful vintage German tube console. All you have to do is to set the gain, choose saturation mode and set the saturation amount with the Mojo knob.

Temporarily Free

The price of the plugin is set to €49 but the lucky customers who visit the product page before September 15 can get the plugin for free.

All they have to do is to create a United Plugins account (or sign in if they have one already), add Front DAW to their cart and order the license for €0.
Similarly to other United Plugins effects, Front DAW comes with 15-days fully working trial version. Those who decide not to register and activate during that period can enjoy the plugin‘s sound even after the trial expires. Only the functionality is then limited to one type of saturation, no hi-pass filter availability and Mojo set to 50% with no chance to edit.

Front DAW is available on United Plugins website and with the UP partners.

For more information: www.unitedplugins.com/frontdaw
Attached Thumbnails
United Plugins presents: Front DAW by Soundevice Digital - Free for a limited time-105.1280x720-fit.v1565261521.jpg  
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

United Plugins "Front DAW" Saturation plugin (Free for limited time)

Front DAW

The digital world with its clarity and accuracy lacks some vibe from the old times. This is why English producer and remixer Greg Brimson, also United Plugins powered artist, approached us with his idea for a dream plugin. 'Create a front door for every recording, and call it Front DAW, guys,' said he, 'so that every track would have a true analogue input.' Thanks to him you can turn your DAW Mixer into a real Analogue Console.

https://unitedplugins.com/FrontDAW/
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

Can't speak for the plugin, but the whole process of creating an account, having to enter ALL my data (like home address etc which I made up) and then Fastspring wanting my phone number (yeah, right) is very off-putting.
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Can't speak for the plugin, but the whole process of creating an account, having to enter ALL my data (like home address etc which I made up) and then Fastspring wanting my phone number (yeah, right) is very off-putting.
From what I can see that's all just to create an account. The plugin is free. Which is never free of course.
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear
Seems like a pretty nice freebie. An output trim would be a welcome addition though (especially for such a preamp-like plugin).
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavB View Post
From what I can see that's all just to create an account. The plugin is free. Which is never free of course.

Nevermind.i don't know why the "Activate"prompt flashes on the plugin,but it works fine without a license

Last edited by Idontcare; 5th September 2019 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Wrong info
Old 5th September 2019
Thank you, very useful freebie, i need to test it and see what does it bring to the table.
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head

No output gain is unacceptable, since it will add gain in pretty much anything but extremly subtle scenarious.
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Nevermind.i don't know why the "Activate"prompt flashes on the plugin,but it works fine without a license
There is a license you need to download from the user area on their website.
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Output trim is needed, to echo what others have said!
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head

Thank you!
I use FireCobra every day. And now this will be my new input trim plug-in
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBorg View Post
Output trim is needed, to echo what others have said!
X2
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

Wink

Hello guys, here is Carloff from Soundevice digital. The plugin works great as summing plugin with every channel inserted.This is not just saturation plug. We developed for our analog models the Variable Analogue Random Modeling technology. VARM is technology based on knowledge of chaotic behaviour and randomness of the analogue world. Thanks to VARM, each plugin instance acts slightly different. VARM models randomness of the subtle differences of the values of the electrical parts - exactly as in the real electrical units and the real console channels.So just find the hottest channel , make the logo slightly orange, put there 60% mojo the type of the desk and copy it over all channels. You can use daw link / group for changing parametres all of instances together- as in cubase quick link . You will hear real magic- more 3d mix , separated and glued at once . Enjoy
Old 5th September 2019
Here for the gear

Really eager to try it later on a current heavy metal mix!
It's the kind of stuff I am in need for my workflow. Love the GUI too.
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur_br View Post
Really eager to try it later on a current heavy metal mix!
It's the kind of stuff I am in need for my workflow. Love the GUI too.
Probably “ British “ fat console would fit your needs the best try also US mids punch - could also work
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head

Thank you!
Can you please add output trim guys?
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

I just want to congratulate you for finally getting the pun 'Front DAW' into a product
Old 5th September 2019
Congratulations to the plugin release guys! I haven't tested it out yet, but I must echo in the room the importance of an output trim. Only because it'll save the hassle of then adding a gain plugin after to control output. Then that'll equate to every channel having two plugin slots taken up by just settting up for the analogue sound.

VERY GRATEFUL FOR THIS GIFT FOR SURE !
Old 5th September 2019
Thanks @ carloff , both for the freebie and for the explanations!
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Addict

Just another output trim request
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Addict

Graphic bug in Win VST3 version in Studio One 4.5.3 - plugin interface is stretched wide. VST2 is OK. VST3 works correctly only with 200%+ scales. It seems that the plugin cannot reduce its width below a certain value and distortion of proportions begins, the strongest at a scale of 50%.
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head
Thanks for the nice freebie!
An output trim would indeed be very welcome.
Old 5th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_HS View Post
Graphic bug in Win VST3 version in Studio One 4.5.3 - plugin interface is stretched wide. VST2 is OK. VST3 works correctly only with 200%+ scales. It seems that the plugin cannot reduce its width below a certain value and distortion of proportions begins, the strongest at a scale of 50%.
I can confirm the same on Mac
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Maniac

So wishes and issues aside, how do you guys find its sound?

I quite like it this thing (hard to AB without output level tho). The GE seems to be most colorful and bring out low level details nicely. But it seems it may also raise the level more than the others?
All of them seem like they can be useful!
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_HS View Post
Same here Studio one 4.5.3. Gui is all over the place.
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

This thing sounds GREAT!
Thank you @ carloff !!
When I compensate for the volume difference, FRONTDAW still rules! So there isn't any trick to fool our ears.
A trim would be a nice addition, however 'till then, I compensate with the input.
NOBODY MUST MISS THIS PLUGIN!
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear
The cool thing I like about FL is they have a mix level for all plugins, sort of a dry/wet feature. I'm not sure if other DAWs have this, but it helps as an output trim, somewhat - not entirely of course. It's also easy to A/B with and without the plugin, because I can easily enable/disable a plugin with the flick of a button...or mouse click.

I'll download it and give it a try when I get home from work. I'll report back.
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

Nice one! Without gain compensation afterwards it is almost unusable. You want to dig in quite a lot with the controls - and then it gets insanely loud. But it does indeed add "mojo", even to a single track/buss.
Old 5th September 2019
Here for the gear

Great plugin!!! Thanks for this. I would also like to ask for a trim knob, and/or an automatic level matching switch.
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Guru
Great offer. Registered and nothing works. Can't download anything or checkout. Clicked on support and nothing also. Tried w/firefox and Chrome. Any ideas? Says it's in my cart!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search