The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
United Plugins presents: Front DAW by Soundevice Digital - Free for a limited time
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

yep this thing is a bass machine

that's how I ended up using it as well

for things that need to be thin in the belly and have that top end sparkle, this is not the right plugin for that job. For example cymbals.

on a really chunky electric guitar, maybe something heavy, this might also come in handy
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
VARM working in Reaper (OSX).

To those getting perfect nulls - are you duplicating the track (and hence plugin)? That seems to also copy the VARM; duplicating in Reaper causes a null. A fresh instance of FD works as intended.
Interesting.
Have to give this one a go.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
VARM working in Reaper (OSX).

To those getting perfect nulls - are you duplicating the track (and hence plugin)? That seems to also copy the VARM; duplicating in Reaper causes a null. A fresh instance of FD works as intended.
Tried every single way and it always nulls (Reaper 64 Win 10).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I wish the implement an output knob and a Pre/Post Saturation stage LP/HP Filter button
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post
It definitely works on Reaper 64 Win7

Quote:
VARM working in Reaper 64 (OSX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
Tried every single way and it always nulls (Reaper 64 Win 10).
So just with Reaper (64 bit) we have VARM working on Win 7 and OSX, but not Win 10.

For those that always get nulls, what OS are you using also?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post

from one Boris Karloff to another Boris Carloff.
Glad you guys don't null. VARM regards
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I've just tested it again. I used two instances of FrontDAW that were not duplicated. Their settings were exactly the same. I played the same audio material on two tracks and recorded results in one take. I checked it with GE and with US modes. Every time recorded files nulled.
FrontDAW VST3 (INPUT at 0, MOJO at 5, HPF at 20 Hz)
DAW - Reaper 5.983
Windows 8.1 x64
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by early View Post
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

There's a bug in the code... A VARMint if you will.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
There's a bug in the code... A VARMint if you will.
HAHAH

Well played....welllll playyyyed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by early View Post
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi, I got this for free through their limited offer, but after having activated the license file, it now shows to be stripped down, thus the activation never went through, although I did get the license file right after I got the plugin, and I registered/activated as their guide explained...

I have sent an inquiry to their support (unitedplugins site) but am NOT getting any kind of response.

Typical. So as good as this plugin may be, their activation doesn't work, and their support is utter ****e as it would seem...I could be wrong but that is what it seems...

Kind regards.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respoda View Post
Hi, I got this for free through their limited offer, but after having activated the license file, it now shows to be stripped down, thus the activation never went through, although I did get the license file right after I got the plugin, and I registered/activated as their guide explained...

I have sent an inquiry to their support (unitedplugins site) but am NOT getting any kind of response.

Typical. So as good as this plugin may be, their activation doesn't work, and their support is utter ****e as it would seem...I could be wrong but that is what it seems...

Kind regards.
It is very strange, Jacob, is usually very fast. Could you pm your account email?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Kind regards.
I had the same problem. I deleted all plugin files and licence. I then re-downloaded the installer and licence from my account, installed again and bingo.

It seems the demo wasn't recognising my licence.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
I had the same problem. I deleted all plugin files and licence. I then re-downloaded the installer and licence from my account, installed again and bingo.

It seems the demo wasn't recognising my licence.

Hmmm...interesting. Haven't tried that yet, so gonna do that now. I'll report back whether it worked or not. Thanks !
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
It is very strange, Jacob, is usually very fast. Could you pm your account email?
Hi, I'll try that option from rhythmtech first. If still needed, I'll pm my email. Thank you !
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Well tried it and doesn't do anything. My license file is not accepted, and I am redirected to their website to 'buy a fully functioning plugin'..

:(
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I have the same issue. Will try the rythmtech way.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I PM'd carloff...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I PM'd carloff...
I resent it to Jacob, he will get back to you, probably in the morning CET
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So for anyone using Windows 7, enter the license by holding ctrl when clicking the activate button on the plugin. Thanks Jacob.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_HS View Post
Graphic bug in Win VST3 version in Studio One 4.5.3 - plugin interface is stretched wide. VST2 is OK. VST3 works correctly only with 200%+ scales. It seems that the plugin cannot reduce its width below a certain value and distortion of proportions begins, the strongest at a scale of 50%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funksta View Post
Same here Studio one 4.5.3. Gui is all over the place.
VST2 is working just fine but seeing the same graphics issue with VST3 (Studio One 4.5.4, Win 10),
Had great fun playing with this last night, thanks for a really generous freebie offer guys!
Old 3 weeks ago
ukm
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1thedon View Post
VST2 is working just fine but seeing the same graphics issue with VST3 (Studio One 4.5.4, Win 10),
Had great fun playing with this last night, thanks for a really generous freebie offer guys!
Same problem here too. Didn't try out vst2 - just forgot about this plugin.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm View Post
Same problem here too. Didn't try out vst2 - just forgot about this plugin.
We are with close contact with Presonus, they admit that is their own problem and know this. Just use VST2.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
We are with close contact with Presonus, they admit that is their own problem and know this. Just use VST2.
Thanks for the feedback carloff.
Old 3 weeks ago
ukm
Gear Nut

I know that Studio One has problems especially with resizable GUIs. I'll try out vst2 version.
Old 2 weeks ago
With W7/8 I dragged-and-dropped the license file onto the other United Plugins interface/window: Royal, Hyperspace, and FireCobra. Can't remember if I did that with Front DAW but maybe worth a try.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Version 1.1 is out. What’s new?

Edit. This:

https://unitedplugins.com/news/detail/28
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Hello guys, here is Carloff from Soundevice digital. The plugin works great as summing plugin with every channel inserted.This is not just saturation plug. We developed for our analog models the Variable Analogue Random Modeling technology. VARM is technology based on knowledge of chaotic behaviour and randomness of the analogue world. Thanks to VARM, each plugin instance acts slightly different. VARM models randomness of the subtle differences of the values of the electrical parts - exactly as in the real electrical units and the real console channels.So just find the hottest channel , make the logo slightly orange, put there 60% mojo the type of the desk and copy it over all channels. You can use daw link / group for changing parametres all of instances together- as in cubase quick link . You will hear real magic- more 3d mix , separated and glued at once . Enjoy

Really cool and great Plugins!!

"Music was designed to escape from reality for a moment, not to magnify our fears and problems"
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

v1.1 still nulls in Pro Tools 12.8.1 on OSX 10.10.5

It's cold outside and I needs to get VARM!

T
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search