The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format
Old 4th September 2019
News Desk Editor

Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format

Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format-curve-bender-high-res-gui.jpg

Softube releases Chandler Limited® Curve Bender plug-in in native format

If there was a hierarchy of analog studio gear (and let’s face it, there kind of is) it’d be hard to dispute the Chandler Limited® Curve Bender’s claim to the throne. Among analog mastering grade equalizers, this one’s about as blue-blooded as they come.

With tremendous pedigree, huge yet controlled power, and most importantly, exceptional sound quality, thanks to component-level modelling of the original germanium and inductor circuits, the Curve Bender reigns supreme over the domain of tone-shaping in analog mastering.

This magnificent mastering grade equalizer is based on desk circuits from the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London, used to create albums of genuinely legendary status, such as Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd, and Abbey Road by The Beatles. And as with any truly supreme successor to a noble line, it builds on the greatness of its ancestors.

The Curve Bender has more bands (four, compared to the original console’s two), more fixed filter points (a huge fifty-one, up from just nine, chosen and designed in the image of the original circuits by Chandler Limited founder, Wade Goeke), more Q and gain options, and added low and high pass filters, making the unit a mastering powerhouse without sacrificing the exquisite analog sound-flavor which made it a leader.

In software form, the Curve Bender plug-in not only allows the user the luxury of using this crown-jewel mastering equalizer in multiple places in the same mix (across instrument groups AND the master bus, for example), but also adds functionality to the original hardware, with Mid/Side processing and channel linking.

The Curve Bender is perfect for gently sculpting the entire mix, with never a hint of harshness despite its endless power. It’s the one true sovereign of analog mastering equalizers.

In Short
● Mastering grade analog equalizer
● Silky top-end and tight lows
● Based on legendary British console EQ circuits used on innumerable classic records
● Improved with more bands, more filter-points, greater gain and Q flexibility, and
additional low and high pass filters
● Added Mid/Side processing and channel linking in the plug-in
● Subtle yet authoritative; carefully considered curves and exceptional quality mean you
can boost with confidence
● Set it and forget it – it always sounds good
● Use on master bus, instrument groups, or even individual tracks – it’s great on vocals
● A real crown jewel in your collection

Reg. Price: $299/299€. Intro offer: $199 - ends October 4th, 2019.

For more information: https://www.softube.com/products/curve-bender#/
Attached Thumbnails
Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format-curve-bender-high-res-gui.jpg  

Last edited by The Press Desk; 4th September 2019 at 03:03 PM..
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

Intro price is $199....
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

Another hit to UAD platform. But for $199 intro-price for a single EQ plugin I'm not sure.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Smile

Personally, no way I am paying $200 for a single EQ in this day and age.

Plus, it has to tick all these boxes
- low cpu
- great sound
- no crucial bugs

I’m not confident it’d have low cpu - if anyone tries it out, please tell!

I am flooded with quality plugins I can’t be bothered to even try it
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

No discount for UAD owners to crossgrade.
No discount for Volume 3 owners.

Hmmm... think I will pass for now.
Old 4th September 2019
OMU
Lives for gear

Would love to get the Zener when they release it, but only if they'll make a crossgrade offer for UAD users, otherwise I'll just wait for sales.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Hmm...doesn't appear to be Console 1 ready.

If it's not, definite pass especially at $199. $99 would be highest end I would pay for an eq plugin and even that is pushing it.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Cool. Waiting for the Zener now
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

CPU usage is 3% on Studio One Pro i7-8700. Sonic quality mainly in the low and highs very comparable to Tube-Tech bundle.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

I'd be interested to see how it stacks up to E27 and the Vertigo VSE-2.
Old 4th September 2019
DSK
Lives for gear

Guys, you can complain as much as you want, but as soon as people start buying them they will keep the prices up.

For the market to self adjust, just don't purchase it. In a highly volatile market like sw development a couple of hundred of lost customers speak numbers way above that.

As always vote with your wallet.
As the demand for premium priced plugins decreases with new developers breaking the market, giants like Softube, PA etc will take note

Still I love to see former UAD exclusives ported to native, so this is a bit of a tough one.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Pity this didn't come out sooner. Would have chosen it over the UAD-2 version which I eventually bought.
And indeed I asked, unlike PA there is no discount for UAD-2 licensees of the product (not that I think I am owed one, just would have been nice to get me to consider it)
rsp
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Wow great news... I always wanted the curve bender, but as HDX User i had no chance... Now its native... wonderful... Thanks for the great intro price
Old 4th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic View Post
Hmm...doesn't appear to be Console 1 ready.

If it's not, definite pass especially at $199. $99 would be highest end I would pay for an eq plugin and even that is pushing it.
The Softube website says “Console 1 ready”.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
As always vote with your wallet.
As the demand for premium priced plugins decreases with new developers breaking the market, giants like Softube, PA etc will take note
Ditto this - don’t buy
Old 4th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
Pity this didn't come out sooner. Would have chosen it over the UAD-2 version which I eventually bought.
And indeed I asked, unlike PA there is no discount for UAD-2 licensees of the product (not that I think I am owed one, just would have been nice to get me to consider it)
rsp
No crossgrade for UAD owner ??
Great.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

I bet they can’t advertise the price lower than the price for the UAD version, which is $299.
Old 4th September 2019
Here for the gear

169$ with coupon at Audiodeluxe. Always something
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac

I'd like to see what the EQ curves look in Plugin Doctor. Anyone up for it?
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear
I am going to try that but I don't have high hopes. Only plugin I like from Softube is the Weiss suite. Their analogue emulations don't sound convincing.
Old 4th September 2019
Here for the gear

299,that's a really lot of money for a plugin in these days...,,,,,eagerly waiting for acustica curve bender+zener
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Yeah this is nothing to write home about.weirdly it can't be driven and you need to cascade the instances to accomplish more saturation.it has an ok "box tone"and i didn't find anything particularly special about the EQ that i can't already get with Crave and EQuilibrium(sounded quite loose on transients on the loops i tried it on).it default performs quite a severe low end boost below or about 20hz.i could hear it on the mons and see it on an oscilloscope,but didn't bother to check as i don't have PD

Definitely not worth the asking price for me,and glad i never shelled out for the UAD either
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if you get one license, or two?

serious question.

thx.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
Does anyone know if you get one license, or two?

serious question.

thx.
Softube usually allow two authorisations, which is great for those of us with separate studio and mobile systems.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Guru
There are always iconic plug ins for people that want something specific and figure it's a fraction of the price of a real one. How many bloody eq's do you need? I'd rather have 3 good ones that tick all the boxes and are upgraded, than a bunch of cheap and cheerful tools I never use.......

Softube doesn't mess around and their tools stand the test of time.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Nut

Funny how people complain about the price when PA so obviously struggles hard after having slashed their prices to next to nothing.
I bet many of you also complain about the fact that no-one wants to pay for music these days. It all trickles down. We need to start value peoples hard work.

Sure, I rarely buy my plugins at full price. But I also don't mind paying quite a bit for a high quality plugin. I want those who make them to thrive and continue to make cool stuff.

And if I was a plugin developer I'd rather have 10 customers buying my product for $299 than 100 buying it for $29. You also pick your target audience with your pricing.

That said, I do wish that they would consider changing their mind about UAD cross licensing. They could even make
them NFR if they see that as a problem.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

I was thinking price preaching gang reserved all their attention for UAD products
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac
Can't believe they're still recycling that same tired, dreary demo music. Doesn't get me excited in the least.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Own the hardware and it’s on all console mixes done in the last 6 years. Sometimes even flat it sounds amazing. Own the UAD plugin and it’s on all my ITB mixes. Love it. Glad to see it ported to native. For those of you that don’t have it it’s just amazing. Now, if you think it’s expensive just wait for a better better sale and get it.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
Softube usually allow two authorisations, which is great for those of us with separate studio and mobile systems.
update: i just got the answer

"All licenses to Softube plug-ins contains two authorizations (three for Console 1 and its add-on channels). This means you can choose to, for example, authorize your computer and save an authorization on your account for backup. Or you can authorize two different computers, or authorize one computer and put the other authorization on a USB iLok key for portability."

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search