The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I know this is not the good thread but as asked , i spent some time on this one guyz , hope you enjoy !!

Here's a requested video of what i consider an exellent piece of work from Softube .

1) Quik plugin tour and presentation of the concept

2) FULL soundsources tour !!!

2.1) The Aging control (pure beauty!!) @ 17min 23

2.2) Guest apparance of audiothing springs @ 23 min

2.3) The Ambiences @ 37.27

2.4) The Filter 1h00

2.5) The Cross Over 1h17 min

3) Presets tour and production

4) Conclusion @ 1h35 min

Thks For watching
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I know this is not the good thread but as asked , i spent some time on this one guyz , hope you enjoy !!

Here's a requested video of what i consider an exellent piece of work from Softube .

Thks For watching
Thanks for this Jeezo, it is much appreciated as are all you videos. I'll watch some of it now and the rest tomorrow. I am sure no-body will mind you posted here as it's from the same developer after all.

Thanks again
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Thanks for this Jeezo, it is much appreciated as are all you videos. I'll watch some of it now and the rest tomorrow. I am sure no-body will mind you posted here as it's from the same developer after all.

Thanks again
Thkls be sure to check the Aging parameter ...it's the ice on the cake imho and what makes it super convincing imho
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Thkls be sure to check the Aging parameter ...it's the ice on the cake imho and what makes it super convincing imho
Will do
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endor View Post
I don't know about the real thing, but yeah, this Curve Bender plugin sounds very good. Lot of vibe and character. Don't test it !

(Parallels didn't impress me but I have to try Monoment...)
I made a little video comparing it to the outboard if you are curious and have few mins to spend :
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
I made a little video comparing it to the outboard if you are curious and have few mins to spend :
Nice ! I'll look into it when I'll have a moment...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Looks like the Softube model emulates a 2011 or later version of the Curve Bender. On their site they state that they combined the mastering and standard features into one unit. Maybe this is the reason for the gain discrepancy observed between your hardware unit and the software. I wonder if it is also the main reason for the difference in sound. In your video, the hardware sounds very different - much more solid in the lows like you mentioned and smoother present highs.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassrootking View Post
Looks like the Softube model emulates a 2011 or later version of the Curve Bender. On their site they state that they combined the mastering and standard features into one unit. Maybe this is the reason for the gain discrepancy observed between your hardware unit and the software. I wonder if it is also the main reason for the difference in sound. In your video, the hardware sounds very different - much more solid in the lows like you mentioned and smoother present highs.
Very good point about the 2011+ model ! Funny thing is, I only used earlier models apparently (don't remember using one with +5 max gain pots).
That'd be a shame if the sound differences would be so big between both units. I'd see this as a downgrade IMHO.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Softube seems always to ditch the output stage in their emulations. So driving plugin's output hard doesn't add anything other than raising the volume. This is not how HW react even in the most transparent units.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Softube seems always to ditch the output stage in their emulations. So driving plugin's output hard doesn't add anything other than raising the volume. This is not how HW react even in the most transparent units.
Except for the Summit EQ emulation !
This one sounds amazing when you drive the output.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Except for the Summit EQ emulation !
This one sounds amazing when you drive the output.
And the TLA compressor as well has a beautiful configurable saturation on the output.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
And the TLA compressor as well has a beautiful configurable saturation on the output.
Yep ! The Summit suite is really good.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yep ! The Summit suite is really good.
Def agree !

I chose to buy the TLA100A after comparing it to the outboard I use and love (the comparison is on my YT btw).
It was incredibly close.
Then a friend offered me the EQ with it. Which has became my favorite for background vocals ITB. It is a very good suite !
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

I have not tried this native version yet, but on my UAD Vari Mu and Vox Box you are certainly able to add qualities like you would using the output transformer. It's one of the things I like most about those plugins.

WheelieR's video was very interesting. Certainly a different quality, but the plugin version did sound very good and if you were to walk in blind A/B testing them to pick which one should go in the mix I bet a lot of engineers would choose the plug. For the cost difference the plugin is a great deal.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the shootout

Ill stay clear from this

The new cl1b model also doesnt resemble the tone of the hardware at all

Kinda unimpressed with softube recently

Cant wait for the weiss eq

Digital they do well
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2 d3 e6 View Post
Digital they do well
That's mostly code translation. Difficult to mess up.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Def agree !

I chose to buy the TLA100A after comparing it to the outboard I use and love (the comparison is on my YT btw).
It was incredibly close.
Then a friend offered me the EQ with it. Which has became my favorite for background vocals ITB. It is a very good suite !

Whats the name of your Yiutube channel ?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpofsteelskin View Post
His Youtube Channel is - WheelieMix
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpofsteelskin View Post
Here it is : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRv...QG91TOHyEzq1MQ

And here is the TLA video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofyyrxVR-Sc
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
His Youtube Channel is - WheelieMix
Haha wow thanks you were quicker than me
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Haha wow thanks you were quicker than me
Keep the good stuff coming
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Keep the good stuff coming
Thanks a lot ! I will do my best to !!
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

Thank´s
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2 d3 e6 View Post
Kinda unimpressed with softube recently
Agreed. I used to feel they were head and shoulders above the native competition. Not so clear cut these days..
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

BE sure to try the PSP Avedis E27 bus EQ. Best software EQ in the business IMO. I compared directly with the Chandler before and it blows it away in all areas IMO.
Old 21 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
BE sure to try the PSP Avedis E27 bus EQ. Best software EQ in the business IMO. I compared directly with the Chandler before and it blows it away in all areas IMO.
The Softube Chandler is nice because you can boost without really hearing it. There's just a bit more low-end, or more highs. It's super smooth. The PSP E27 is about as a subtle as a heart attack. It's a GREAT sounding EQ, don't get me wrong, one of the best ITB EQ's for color...but very different vibe than the Chandler.
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
The Softube Chandler is nice because you can boost without really hearing it. There's just a bit more low-end, or more highs. It's super smooth. The PSP E27 is about as a subtle as a heart attack. It's a GREAT sounding EQ, don't get me wrong, one of the best ITB EQ's for color...but very different vibe than the Chandler.
yes very small steps with the E27 by holding control and using mouse wheel. it can be subtle as well if you stay below 2db boost max, sometimes you can barely see the knob move and that's just right.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search