The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Anyone think Wave's one is any good - Abbey Road RS56 Passive EQ? Just wondering as there is a sale for $29 currently.
While the RS56 and this EQ share the nickname "Curve Bender", they are actually very different EQ's. Their topology is completely different, and they honestly don't sound very much alike at all, despite having the same lineage. So there is not really a comparison between the two.

You'd be closer in comparing the EQ section of the Waves TG12345 to this Curve Bender, but the Chandler/Abbey Road "Curve Bender" is much more suited for busses and mastering. The Waves TG12345 is ok, but not something I would ever write home about.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post
While the RS56 and this EQ share the nickname "Curve Bender", they are actually very different EQ's. Their topology is completely different, and they honestly don't sound very much alike at all, despite having the same lineage. So there is not really a comparison between the two.

You'd be closer in comparing the EQ section of the Waves TG12345 to this Curve Bender, but the Chandler/Abbey Road "Curve Bender" is much more suited for busses and mastering. The Waves TG12345 is ok, but not something I would ever write home about.
What about Shattered Glass Audio's Code Red (non free version)?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
You could check Acustica Cream 2 it has TG12345 EQ sampled.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post

Thanks for the info.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

To my eyes, the Waves TG12412 Tone Module from the Abbey Road mastering plug-in is closer to this Curve Bender, but I may be wrong. That eq sounds really nice.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

UAD just put their Curve Bender on sale for $179.....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by briaboy View Post
UAD just put their Curve Bender on sale for $179.....
Still hard to beat BS price which is $166.97 for native version.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallTone View Post
Still hard to beat BS price which is $166.97 for native version.
"BS" ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Yes, enough with the acronyms, what is BS?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endor View Post
"BS" ?
BestService
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
BestService
Thanks !
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
BestService
I thought BS was a bull**** price . Turns out real great . Amzing Eq
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Don't know how this can be used for mastering... it could a work in a track to add color/harmonics, but i find it to be pretty dirty and hard sounding for mastering/buss use.

Daniel.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
Don't know how this can be used for mastering... it could a work in a track to add color/harmonics, but i find it to be pretty dirty and hard sounding for mastering/buss use.

Daniel.
It has a pretty serious history of use as a mastering EQ....
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post

Daniel.
I dont find it to be dirty or hard sounding. just my 2c
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
I dont find it to be dirty or hard sounding. just my 2c
It can be helpful, and i understand the HW is used a lot for mastering, but comparing this plugin to something like Magpha EQ or IK 432, this become gritty pretty fast.

Best,
Daniel.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Has anyone taken Plugin Dr screenshots and posted them yet? I am also interested in Marc's question from earlier about this thing have any saturation compared to the UAD version.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil Audio View Post
Has anyone taken Plugin Dr screenshots and posted them yet? I am also interested in Marc's question from earlier about this thing have any saturation compared to the UAD version.
It's the same code. Softube Support confirmed and someone in this thread did the null test.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I was looking at this thing through Plugindoctor (I know, I know...) and I noticed that it introduces a big bump of 5db at around around 6k by default even without touching single knob. I know it's probably not a big deal since it's so low, but still... Couldn't that be a problem for a plugin living in the master bus?
Attached Thumbnails
Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format-screen-shot-2019-09-20-9.48.46-am.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
What’s wrong with low end bump? Sounds like slate fg-401 comp with transfo emulation turned on.

No sarcasm, but serious. I don’t know any hardware which will boost low end on specific frequency that much. Anybody feel this the same low end bump?

P.S. was typing this post before I saw rhye’s post

Last edited by EvgenyStudio; 3 weeks ago at 06:39 PM.. Reason: Upd
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
default state
Attached Thumbnails
Softube releases Chandler Limited Curve Bender plug-in in native format-softube-curve-bender.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

not used UAD so can't compare...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by klNtN View Post
default state
Thanks! Now to be even more demanding. Is the Harmonic Distortion non-linear as you increase the gain via the EQ bands?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks! Now to be even more demanding. Is the Harmonic Distortion non-linear as you increase the gain via the EQ bands?
ffs Just download the trial.
Old 3 weeks ago
The Curve Bender and Massive Passive plug ins complement each other well. CB add some color while the Massive offers hi fi smoothness. One of them usually meets the need for the source.
However thr SSL EQ2 is pretty amazing too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

is there any Curve Bender Acustica Version?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
The Curve Bender and Massive Passive plug ins complement each other well. CB add some color while the Massive offers hi fi smoothness. One of them usually meets the need for the source.
However thr SSL EQ2 is pretty amazing too.
Is there anything close to the Massive Passive in native format ? Something with knobs (parametric), not graphic.
Old 3 weeks ago
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidusername View Post
Is there anything close to the Massive Passive in native format ? Something with knobs (parametric), not graphic.
NI's Passive Eq and Acustica's Magenta.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Well, I've gone and pulled the trigger on this. I've had it on trial since it was released. I've compared it to numerous other EQs I have along with a few other trials and can honestly say it's quite possibly the nicest one of the lot. I just can't seem to go wrong with it. Everything I put it on seems to sound better. Silky highs, punchy lows are easy to dial in and you can really hear the difference.

As someone has said earlier, I'd rather pay $200 for an EQ that I'm using all the time than $50 on four cheaper plugins that end up on the virtual rubbish pile and this has found its way on most of my recent mixes and I want it to stay there.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
ffs Just download the trial.
Thanks. I did when I got home. Just wanted to see if I could find out some info in the 10 hour window before I could get my hands on it. Apologies to have ruffled your sensitive feathers.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search