The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wave Alchemy introduces BASSYNTH
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

This is a beautiful instrument and very inspiring. But it kills my CPU, especially after I engage the Motion section.
But I still purchased it and hope I can find a great use for it
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

BTW, for those who have want a snippet of sample sounds, there is a "side ribbon" in the WA site
presenting a bunch of the sounds.

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/bassynth/pid190/
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

simply :

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

And This IS THE KEY :

this sentence sums it all : (@ 2 min 27 )

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A bit disappointed concerning the sound examples (note, I'm talking only about the presented tutorials and sound demos, not about the product itself), is, that most of them sound very synthetic. If I compare these sounds to the list of sound sources/instruments, many of them are acoustic, natural sound sources. And yet, very little of these origins sound in the examples. Why?

I know, that the name of the product is BasSYNTH, but morphing natural to the artificial sounds best to me, when you can recognize the original acoustic colour behind the synthesis.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
This is actually a great instrument. I have substance and loopmasters bass master. This compliments both. I think I have all my basses covered with these three. I really recommend this product.
If you had to have just one of the three which would you pick if you don't mind me asking?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
If you had to have just one of the three which would you pick if you don't mind me asking?
Def..this one no questions asked. 2nd would be a real toss up, but loopmasters probably, because its kin dd's a of opposite to this and substance and to be honest if you had this you probably wouldn't need substance and would and wouldn't miss much. I'd recommend this first, loopmasters bassmater and then substance to round it out and you'd be covered more then enough for basses.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Def..this one no questions asked. 2nd would be a real toss up, but loopmasters probably, because its kin dd's a of opposite to this and substance and to be honest if you had this you probably wouldn't need substance and would and wouldn't miss much. I'd recommend this first, loopmasters bassmater and then substance to round it out and you'd be covered more then enough for basses.
Thanks for the info.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I lurk a lot on the GS, but rarely post. I want to put a plug in for this plug in though. WA make my favorite drum instrument - drumvolution - so when this came out I was guardedly excited. I say guardedly because for drums I prefer sample based instruments, but for most other sound sources I am not a fan of sampling/romplers, I like straight CPU generated soft synth algo sound.

That being said, I bought this because I liked the sample sounds on the web site and also of what Jeezo had to say about it, and I am super loving the sound of this. Heartily recommend. I usually find something close to what I want in a preset and then tweak it down, so this is good because it has a ton of presets that range widely. I like that some of the sounds have an organic basis. The preset level of production works well for me, not completely dry but also not over produced.

For me, this is my first entirely bass focused instrument. Usually I use Strobe 2, Cypher 2, Falcon, Reaktor, Massive and X.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I am just wondering whether anyone has an opinion on the number of round robins on the sources for this as it states "up to 8 per source"...
Round robins would be important for me with sampled instruments.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

I wrote to Wave Alchemy a couple of days ago, but I'm still waiting for a reply from them. Are they always so long to answer? Pretty lame...
Old 1 week ago
okay this is a gamechanger. Really good work.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search