The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer New Product Release: RD-8
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Nut

Post In the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
is this based on anything or an original design?

Yes and no. Well. No, maybe, but probably yes.

But really. I don't know, perhaps, something in between yes or no.

Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
In the "real world" you're allowed to protect your inventions. Without this protection, companies will not invest in R&D, and the products become stagnant. If you develop a product called "B-202" and it becomes a major hit, would you be ok with Behringer releasing what is essentially the same product and calling it "B-202?" Of course you would not. This is taught on the very first day of Business 101. So, following your rude response to someone else, please keep quiet until you have actually thought about it.
Oh shut up your nonsense, you are ignoring the fact entirely that Roland are stopping a number, the product still exists, RD8 vs RD808, are you so stupid you cant see the petty utter nonsense in that, protect your IP, not the serial number of your IP, and because of your ignorance for anything business 101, keep quiet.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
is this based on anything or an original design?

It's based on the Alvarez RD8 acoustic guitar, and I think they've nailed it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Behringer RD-8 ISSUE HUM / NOISE ON CONGAS

Check out a test on the RD-8 with a massive HUM / NOISE ISSUE ON THE CONGAS! Recorded with a RME UFX++ and Wavelab. USE HEADPHONES! Comments below please!!! If you like that vid, thumbs up ;-) What do you say RD-8 owners?

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterBlaster View Post
Check out a test on the RD-8 with a massive HUM / NOISE ISSUE ON THE CONGAS! Recorded with a RME UFX++ and Wavelab. USE HEADPHONES! Comments below please!!! If you like that vid, thumbs up ;-) What do you say RD-8 owners?
I'm not an owner... but what gain were you running at the preamps?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

external MIDI triggering of RD8 is broken and terrible from the DIN inputs.

external MIDI triggering of RD8 is broken and terrible from the DIN inputs.
Got mine today please tell me Im doing something wrong but each sound triggers on a MIDI note on AND a note off, so you get 2 triggers for every trigger depending on the length, I've tried tiny to long gates and the RD8 ALWAYS triggers twice which unless i'm doing something wrong is unusable!
Also the sounds are NOT velocity sensitive, they just respond to accent, that's terrible !
I also have an original TR808 which has a 15 year old Kenton midi kit which works just fine with velocity response per sound, I bought the RD8 as I didn't want to take the 808 out live, the sound is great though, I love it, the clave is not the same but I think I prefer it, the original was pretty brutal.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
AUD 659 here in Australia = USD 445

I get excited when Behringer announce these great new products and prices and then my heart sinks when I see the price here and how we get shafted by our local distributor and retail system. Anyway still a lot cheaper than the Roland TR-8S.
It is being advertised at AU$577 at Port Macquarie Guitars when released. Don't get sucked in by the Store DJ/Manny's self perceived monopoly. They seem to try it on for pricing a lot these days because they think people will just keep coming back due to their size. Personally, I won't even play their price matching game... If other shops are going to give you a better price straight up, then why do they deserve redemption from their obvious hope of ripping off the customers.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Is the Wave Designer a digital effect?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search