The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin
Old 21st August 2019
  #1
Gear Head
 
DiBiQuadroDavide's Avatar
 

DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin

Virgo Super Clean Guitar Amplifier is ready for download!

Introductory price is €57.85 (35%OFF).

All links at: DiBiQuadroAudio

Virgo (Trial)

Virgo (Full)

Virgo is a library for Nebula 4 / Nebula 4 Player based on what has truly established itself as the “industry standard” for combo/self-contained all-tube guitar amplifiers. The sampled model is a '65 reissue of the version often referred to as “Blackface”, used on thousands of recordings and countless live performances, proven to be incredibly versatile not only for guitar but also bass, keyboards, vocals, accordion, electric violin and many other electrified instruments.

The main core of Virgo has been sampled with top class cables/gear to obtain the greatest path possible. Additionally, two pristine reverbs - a Room (default) and a Rich Plate - have been taken from a highly acclaimed digital hardware reverb unit; then, two different flavors of vintage tremolo – mono and stereo – have been added to satisfy your need for surf music and significantly multiply the sound possibilities; finally, a built-in limiter completes the chain.

Three output modes are available. The power amp provides pristine clarity, great dynamics and a larger than life frequency response: this option sounds great by itself; however, if you want to use your own IRs, this is the starting point. The 57 and 201 options give you two great dynamic microphones, masterfully placed in front of the open-back cabinet to get the fullest tone possible. The sweet spot has been determined by injecting pink noise in the amp and by minimizing phase cancellations on the best sounding speaker of the combo.

SP Tech
Each band and preamp has been sampled without any converter / “calibration bias” phase distortion. This allows to overlap the effect of more bands without adding unwanted coloration, reaching a new level of match with hardware for unparalleled results, even compared to hardware itself. This methodology is named SP Tech.

Mandatory requirements
In order to use products from the official 3rd party developers:

- It is mandatory first to install either N4 Player or N4. Only after this it will be possible to proceed with the installation of 3rd party products.
- Please don't install both versions of N4 - use only one of them to guarantee a proper functioning of the products!
- Please make sure that you use an up-to-date version of N4 or N4 Player.
- N4 FREE and N4 Player cannot coexist.
- Official 3rd party developers products are only available in Aquarius.
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin-.jpg   DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin-b.jpg   DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin-c.jpg   DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin-d.jpg   DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin-e.jpg  

DiBiQuadro Virgo - The Best Clean Guitar Amplifier - Official Acqua N4 Plugin-f.jpg  
Old 21st August 2019
  #2
Gear Addict
Wow that tremolo! I think I'm buying it just for that, love it. This is a lovely amp and I love that I can track with it using the ZL version. Great job. Tried cranking it to get some break up but it doesnt seem possible without hearing chirps but then again you have called it a super clean guitar amp so guess its not possible? SO thankful there's a Nebula amp I can finally track with. I love TimP SCS amp but too much latency and ZL version kills my comp. COngratulations on a great release!
Old 21st August 2019
  #3
Gear Head
 
DiBiQuadroDavide's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Wow that tremolo! I think I'm buying it just for that, love it. This is a lovely amp and I love that I can track with it using the ZL version. Great job. Tried cranking it to get some break up but it doesnt seem possible without hearing chirps but then again you have called it a super clean guitar amp so guess its not possible? SO thankful there's a Nebula amp I can finally track with. I love TimP SCS amp but too much latency and ZL version kills my comp. COngratulations on a great release!
Thanks for your appreciation.

The original amplifier is not meant to distort in fact the drive knob is not present even on the real thing; it is the most famous clean all tube amplifier with tons of clean headroom, it is very difficult to make it distort if not at very loud volumes. And I can garantee you that we have sampled also at incredibly high SPL, and all the levels in between, to a point it was impossible to stay in the same room without ear plugs and without feeling the punch on the chest of the sound waves.

Yes, it is possible to play it in real time at 44.1 and 48KHz (with some limitations: no comp, reverb, trem) as it is expected from a guitar plugin. The details and configurations are specified on the manual.

I personally tested it: the touch response and the dynamics are incredible even compared to the real thing. We are very proud of it.
Old 21st August 2019
  #4
Gear Addict
 
djrustycans's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
Thanks for your appreciation.

The original amplifier is not meant to distort in fact the drive knob is not present even on the real thing; it is the most famous clean all tube amplifier with tons of clean headroom, it is very difficult to make it distort if not at very loud volumes. And I can garantee you that we have sampled also at incredibly high SPL, and all the levels in between, to a point it was impossible to stay in the same room without ear plugs and without feeling the punch on the chest of the sound waves.

Yes, it is possible to play it in real time at 44.1 and 48KHz (with some limitations: no comp, reverb, trem) as it is expected from a guitar plugin. The details and configurations are specified on the manual.

I personally tested it: the touch response and the dynamics are incredible even compared to the real thing. We are very proud of it.
Then I shall have to try it!
Old 22nd August 2019
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
This thing does sound 1000 times better than any algorithmic plugin (of this kind) I've tried the last 10 years.
Bought it.
It's true that I miss a little bit a "crunch" option.
I tried placing Crimson right after Virgo but no.
I also tried some algo emulations but there was a significant degradation of the sound.
I'm going to experiment with some more options.
Gongrats once more DiBiQuadro!

* The default room verb does sound soooo good!
Old 22nd August 2019
  #6
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
Thanks for your appreciation.

The original amplifier is not meant to distort in fact the drive knob is not present even on the real thing; it is the most famous clean all tube amplifier with tons of clean headroom, it is very difficult to make it distort if not at very loud volumes.
Ah ok, thanks for the info. Have bought it too, It totally feels and sounds like a real amp. As Arionas says above, beats any Algorithmic plugin by a wide margin.
Literally bought into the IK group buy couple hours earlier to expand on my Amplitube collection but I think this is all I need with maybe a few real distortion pedals, will test. Please, please release more amps! Great stuff
Old 22nd August 2019
  #7
Gear Nut
 

A N4 guitar amp - now this is what I'm talking about!!! Boy I've been waiting for this. I miss the old cabinets from the Nebula 3 days, they sounded sooo much better than any ir convolution. I'm definitely getting this
Old 22nd August 2019
  #8
Lives for gear
Just bought this too. Looking forward to running synths through this.

We need to figure out how to pair this with something for crunch. If algos are disappointing I wonder if TimP's SCS could work?
Old 22nd August 2019
  #9
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
My weekend can't come soon enough to demo this.

Thank you DiBiQ! I do a ton of guitar DI and this is exactly what I've been waiting for!
Old 22nd August 2019
  #10
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Please, please release more amps! Great stuff
We are already have many great guitar amps in nebula, but what is really missing is the bass amps.
If Davide does a few - it will be awesome)
Old 22nd August 2019
  #11
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by borlandsamuel.re View Post
We are already have many great guitar amps in nebula, but what is really missing is the bass amps.
If Davide does a few - it will be awesome)
We have a ton of cabinets but I can only think of TimP SCS for an amp?

EDIT: I guess Henry O captured amps but to me they are not responsive like this and TimP
Old 22nd August 2019
  #12
Here for the gear
 

Sounds pretty good to me (see attached MP3). I will definitely be reviewing it on my YouTube channel soon.

The implications of this release are huge. The guitar community is going to be exposed to Nebula technology in an easy to use way for the first time...right?
Attached Files

VirgoTest1.mp3 (577.8 KB, 6308 views)

Old 22nd August 2019
  #13
Gear Nut
 

Looks cool! No spring reverb though? Damn.
Old 22nd August 2019
  #14
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Sounds great! Will test this on some VSTi's.
Old 22nd August 2019
  #15
Gear Nut
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by borlandsamuel.re View Post
We are already have many great guitar amps in nebula, but what is really missing is the bass amps.
If Davide does a few - it will be awesome)
Taurus will be the name of that library, and it will be the sampling of our A***g tube rig. We also own an H****e rig which could be put in the list...

Actually these are only a bit more than ideas: I already sampled the whole chain for the A***g rig (no tweaking possible, actually), and I'm already using it internally for our mixes - I haven't switched the real rig on since then
Old 22nd August 2019
  #16
Gear Nut
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealHomeRecordn View Post
Sounds pretty good to me (see attached MP3). I will definitely be reviewing it on my YouTube channel soon.

The implications of this release are huge. The guitar community is going to be exposed to Nebula technology in an easy to use way for the first time...right?
Nice sample! Looking forward to watching your video - I've just subscribed to your channel.

Yes. I firmly think that the dynamic of this library is huge, so the reactions should be huge too . As per the bass rig, since we got Virgo we have never switched the real thing on anymore

Immediate reamping, immediate great results.
Old 22nd August 2019
  #17
Gear Nut
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

BTW, other samples - and even a pair of comparisons with the real thing - can be found here:

http://www.dibiquadroaudio.com/virgoamp.html
Old 22nd August 2019
  #18
Gear Head
 
DiBiQuadroDavide's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman View Post
Looks cool! No spring reverb though? Damn.
Right, the spring reverb of the amplifier has not been sampled. It has been replaced by the sampling of a couple of patches of a very famous/expensive digital hw unit (B*******) that we have at our disposal.
Old 22nd August 2019
  #19
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Taurus will be the name of that library, and it will be the sampling of our A***g tube rig
Oh yes, release that puppy, just what I need!
Old 22nd August 2019
  #20
Gear Addict
 

I haven't tested this yet, because... I know I will buy it, and I don't have the money just yet, but now I know what to save for.

Seeing that you've included the option to bypass the cab, at some later point might we see a standalone cab plugin with many mic options? I understand there there are a limit to how many options you can put in one plugin, but additional tube condensers and ribbon options would be great, with each mic on fader, with a pan. That would also allow people to insert springs after the amp, before the cab.

Very excited for Taurus too, now I have some saving goals!
Old 22nd August 2019
  #21
Lives for gear
 
filterfreak's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Sounds great! Will test this on some VSTi's.
please share your opinion
Old 22nd August 2019
  #22
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
This thing does sound 1000 times better than any algorithmic plugin (of this kind) I've tried the last 10 years.
Bought it.
It's true that I miss a little bit a "crunch" option.
I tried placing Crimson right after Virgo but no.
I also tried some algo emulations but there was a significant degradation of the sound.
I'm going to experiment with some more options.
Gongrats once more DiBiQuadro!

* The default room verb does sound soooo good!
Slightly depending on your sound card / input solution, you can always add a bit of traditional crunch in the analogue domain before the virtual amp. This is the very reason I still have a few pedals laying around.
Old 22nd August 2019
  #23
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Slightly depending on your sound card / input solution, you can always add a bit of traditional crunch in the analogue domain before the virtual amp. This is the very reason I still have a few pedals laying around.
Heh, I knew that $10 Chinese TS clone would be useful someday.
Old 22nd August 2019
  #24
Lives for gear
 
vze26m98's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
...before the virtual amp.
Yes, that's where I'd put distortion. FWIW, 5.5Mb download:

http://vze26m98.net/gearslutz/Fat Virgo 3296.wav
Old 22nd August 2019
  #25
Gear Addict
Running a distortion pedal before going into this, I much prefer the sound when going through 57 and 201 switch as opposed to PWR. Reading the manual I think if using PWR switch we should use a Cabinet IR with it
Old 22nd August 2019
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Slightly depending on your sound card / input solution, you can always add a bit of traditional crunch in the analogue domain before the virtual amp. This is the very reason I still have a few pedals laying around.
Yes you are absolutely right. At my initial tests I was trying to “crunch” the sound after Virgo.
Old 22nd August 2019
  #27
Lives for gear
Do you find Acustica Marketplace not working in Chrome? I cannot see any products, only way to get on a product page for me is to Google it and then click a link. When I try to search directly on the website it either does nothing or displays page not found instead of results :(

edit: turns out the problem was with ad blocker. I disabled it and enabled again and it all works.
Old 23rd August 2019
  #28
Gear Nut
 

Holy ..it! I just put this on a Midi piano track (Alecia Keys sampled piano) and it sounded so real and amazing. I didn't even turn any knobs.

A guitar amp on a grand piano? Who would've thought?

Sold.

Jamie
Old 23rd August 2019
  #29
Lives for gear
 

I've miked snares and kicks through guitar amps.. nothing is too weird for a good amp.
Old 23rd August 2019
  #30
Gear Maniac
 
Ted brenn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
I've miked snares and kicks through guitar amps.. nothing is too weird for a good amp.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump