The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Auburn Sounds introduces Panagement 2.0 (AAX / VST / AU) [binaural/delay/reverb]
Old 4 days ago
Arrow Auburn Sounds introduces Panagement 2.0 (AAX / VST / AU) [binaural/delay/reverb]

Auburn Sounds has released a major update of Panagement 1, aptly named Panagement 2.

Panagement 2 gives you even more raw power over your stereo tracks, in a tightly integrated package:
  • The Binaural Distance Panner lets you position a track in the sound field quickly,
  • The Reverb increases realism of distance modeling with automatic early and late reflections,
  • Width and Tilt open your mix to unforeseen decisions,
  • The LFO dramatically extends the possibilities (eg: reverb ducking). You can smoothly modulate Pan and Distance...
  • The Binaural Delay (Full only) revisits the product, allowing more spatial complexity. One of the new features is to let the Reverb enter the Delay loop, so as to create an ever more diffuse sound (I don't know if this existed before, I'd assume "yes").
  • Comes with the sought-after PGMT-400 chip mod (FULL only).

With uniquely integrated Delay, Reverb, and Binaural processing, Panagement has a bit of a liberating feel since you can easily translate mix ideas into parameters.

Whether you want rythmic modulations, a reverb, a delay, or just panning, then you might want to instantiate Panagement to test all that.

Trailer video

Panagement is available today as a VST 2.4 / VST3 / Audio Unit / AAX plug-in for Mac (64-bit only) and Windows (32 and 64-bit).

This major update is free for existing Panagement 1 customers.
If you aren't a customer, the current price of the Full Edition is a meager €24.65.
The Free Edition comes with no time limit, and contains most of the feature set (excluding PGMT-400 and Binaural Delay).

That's all folks
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

this is sounding QUITE good, and managed to make a couple awkward sounds i was having difficulty make "fit into space" blend quite well.

the only disappointment is that when you move something quickly from left to right, the reverb moves from left to right as well, instead of hanging behind in the space where the sound used to be

regardless, i am probably going to buy it, presently
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Auburn Sounds makes great plugins. I LOVE their transient shaper, Couture. Can’t wait to try this one out too.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Great trailer
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
when you move something quickly from left to right, the reverb moves from left to right as well, instead of hanging behind in the space where the sound used to be
Good remark.

At first we would thought you would be able to choose if binaural panning was after the reverb (like it is now) or before. The problem was that with this type of algo reverb things are in a "big loop", channels bleed into each other quickly, and maintaining an interaural L/R separation of 1ms gets difficult. Everything would end up centered pretty quickly.

A solution would then to have a mostly unlinked reverb, a bit like a convolution L => L and R => R, and few ping-pong. But at this point it was too late in the development process! We had to change course and this was unexpected. Our products follow a bit of a "discovery" when they are done.

I do like that binaural panning is after most of the processing though (except delay), that makes it quite stunning. With Panagement 1 I realized that I liked to put a reverb in serial before then panner, even though we advised to do otherwise

One of the other thing to consider is that it's a track reverb; the risk is that too much Panagement stack up making reverb mud. As pan/distance modeling also applies to the reverb it envelopes the source and will take less headroom in the end. That's also why the reverb is as-sparse-as-possible in reflections and not very dense.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict
Just downloaded the free plugins all of them . I’m really impressed with the ease of use . After literally only minutes of use I’ve dialed in some nice settings on all 3 plugins. I have similar other plugin like these but ,these just seem easy to dial in .
Price is right also .
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

porchased
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Anyone had a chance to test if the panning is mono compatible?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
Anyone had a chance to test if the panning is mono compatible?
I messed around with it a tiny bit late last night. It gives incredible results in headphones but there is a noticeable change in timbre when checked for mono compatibility. I think that's pretty much to be expected sadly due to the nature of this kind of processing since it seems to be playing with phase? In a mix I don't know how much it would matter as long as it isn't an element that needs to be the main focus. It seems to me that this could be great for ear candy like elements in a mix!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

there is a "mono test" button
some positions sound better than others, but also there are dials on the right side of the plugin where you can fine-tune the delay, phase, and frequency effect of the panning, so you can get something that sounds like what you want, then go to "mono test" mode, and tweak the knobs a little until you get the clearest variation of the sound possible
Old 2 days ago
SleepCircle is right! This is a good idea to hear to what extent mono-compatibility is affected. That's why the phase display is so prominent in Panagement, you can tradeoff mono-compatibility for more spatialness. The most effective fix being to reduce the amount of interaural delay.

However there are no magic trick, we've found no meaningful way to make a binaural panner that would be mono-compatible without ugly tradeoffs. If it's a kick or bassline, you wouldn't do it anyway. This is an idea that shouldn't be overused !

PANAGEMENT IS NOT ONLY BINAURAL PANNING, it's also a free reverb.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search