The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Newfangled Audio/Eventide Saturator
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Can you tell me does this latest installer installs 4 separate tools instead of Elevate Bundle tool which had it combined within one tool. In one GUI, in one tool?
Yes it installs the separate plugs... I believe it has for a while now
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Klimek View Post
Yes it installs the separate plugs... I believe it has for a while now
Aha. OK. Hey, thanx for getting this sorted out! Appreciate it a lot!

Best,

Krešo
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hey Dan,

oh well, as many already said before me, what's there nicer than all those zeroes and ones that can be said to dev? And coincidently a guy?! Hahahaha... ;-)

No really, praises are here to stay! Complete Elevate Bundle (I really have it full and use it full) has been (and is!) a great tool from the day one. And over the course of time you've been just checking in all the time with improvemnts and details around it! Great tool. I love it! People love it. Support (my honest opinion) is great and it's even better when you know you can ask here (or thru official channel, of course) and get your answer. No matter what!

Annyway, thank you for novelties. I haven't (still) catch the time to download latest installation version which I am so going to do as soon as I get to the studio. My question the other day was while in transit but other things got in front of everything. Hopefully all will go smooth and without any issue.

I am surely testing it later this evening and installing the latest. Can you tell me does this latest installer installs 4 separate tools instead of Elevate Bundle tool which had it combined within one tool. In one GUI, in one tool?

Thank you!

Krešo
Hi Krešo,

The Elevate Bundle install installs 4 different plugins, Elevate (the limiter which contains all the technology), as well as EQuivocate EQ, Saturate clipper/overdrive, and Punctuate transient shaper. The Elevate Bundle (on sale now) license authorizes all four plugins.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony Sid View Post
What would you say are the key points in learning Elevate that helped you "retain depth and dimensionality"?
Starting with fewer bands was the main thing for me. It was easier to grasp how Elevate works, in particular adaptive gain with respect to gain reduction, transient emphasis and how the adaptive transient works. Then I increased the number of bands, which allows much more precision.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post
I've spent some time prototyping this in Saturate. If I do it I want to make sure it will be a tangible improvement rather a silly spec arms race.
For shure this is the way how to make plugins and I appreciate it - firstly good sounding without oversampling and than try if it can be even better with oversampling (maybe for render only).

OK here I tried with metaplugin demo and its maximum 4x oversampling. On one track heavy kick - best showcase of clipper high freq rattle. Result: "no" difference for saturate.

But I tried the same on Elevate and mix bus and even the 4x oversampling for 44.1 makes result less edgy and more refined.

I wrote it because in Elevate in sum of the other processes I cannot use on my material more than smallest drive (0.1) on clipper and even the smoothest shape in clipper makes kicks and loud mid freq peaks distorted not smoothly - more edgy.
Old 4 weeks ago
DSK
Lives for gear

I logged into my Eventide Account and it's $39 for the upgrade to the full bundle from Anthology.

When I first started out more than a decade ago, being young and from a disadvantaged economic place, I couldn't even touch a plugin like H3000 even if I saved for an year.

After a few of their amazing deals, fantastic upgrade paths, free!! offerings, I got Anthology and have access to some of the best mix and FX tools under our sun.

Thank you so much Eventide for giving people the chance to create and mix music in a more fun, creative and accessible way
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I logged into my Eventide Account and it's $39 for the upgrade to the full bundle from Anthology.

When I first started out more than a decade ago, being young and from a disadvantaged economic place, I couldn't even touch a plugin like H3000 even if I saved for an year.

After a few of their amazing deals, fantastic upgrade paths, free!! offerings, I got Anthology and have access to some of the best mix and FX tools under our sun.

Thank you so much Eventide for giving people the chance to create and mix music in a more fun, creative and accessible way
Yeah, Eventide has one most generous update/crossgrade policies in the market.
Plenty of goodwill.
Old 4 weeks ago
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Krešo,

The Elevate Bundle install installs 4 different plugins, Elevate (the limiter which contains all the technology), as well as EQuivocate EQ, Saturate clipper/overdrive, and Punctuate transient shaper. The Elevate Bundle (on sale now) license authorizes all four plugins.

Dan I must say that your solo project is just so cool!

I hope people catch onto these fast and stop chasing endlessly after those endless mirages of our analog past

I wish you the best with this!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Absolutely worship this little plug. I use it on everything now - mainly for a subtle bit of magic. The default setting it really nice on most things.

I also upgraded to Elevate since it was only $50 so now I have the whole bundle. Looking forward to diving in later today with it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
How long is the sale on for?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Loving these tools! Got this the other day and then the bundle became 39 dollars so had to grab that......pretty powerful stuff, this lot. And a great family tone/flavour.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony Sid View Post
What would you say are the key points in learning Elevate that helped you "retain depth and dimensionality"?
One important point that a lot of people didn't realize at first: use the EQ tab to re-balance any spectrum changes the limiter seems to be making (ie, if you lose bass impact, try boosting the corresponding EQ band, which will likely be the one with the highest meter)

There was some confusion because it appeared to be just an EQ pre or post limiter, but it's neither. It's part of the inner-workings of the limiter, along the lines of per-band thresholds though I'm sure it's more complex than that.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickskii View Post
Sept. 3rd.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Do not sleep on this bundle. These are some of the best tools released in years.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Do not sleep on this bundle. These are some of the best tools released in years.
Thanks, I am on for the $39 upgrade anyway so I will not miss it. Just been a tough month!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Crazy upgrade price to the bundle, great tools. Love the standalone Punctuate too
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks, I am on for the $39 upgrade anyway so I will not miss it. Just been a tough month!
Definitely don't do it if you can't swing it this month. I think it's a really great product too, but you probably don't NEED it. Gotta take care of those finances.
Old 4 weeks ago
Is there a way to lock the Auto Gain function as you step between presets?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock View Post
Is there a way to lock the Auto Gain function as you step between presets?
In Elevate or Saturate? Is GAIN LOCK what you're looking for?
Old 4 weeks ago
Saturate... I'm demoing it now.

I'm wanting to lock down the auto function so I can hear the coloration as I step through presets without the level changing drastically.
Old 4 weeks ago
Or let me put it another way...

Let's say I have a buss of handclaps that currently peak at -3 dB. I want to set the output to match that... I guess manually and pull that down to -3 dB.

I want that to lock, so that I can step through the presets and hear the gradual onset of saturation until it "sits" where I want it to. I would have thought the Auto function would do that; but I'm not finding that as effective. Maybe I'm not using it properly. (?)

Ultimately, I want to hear the level stay roughly the same, just change the tone and thickness as I audition presets, etc. As always, when something gets louder it's easy to think it's better. Trying to find a process that moves quickly.

Thx

Last edited by robshrock; 4 weeks ago at 02:22 AM.. Reason: correct spelling
Old 4 weeks ago
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Definitely don't do it if you can't swing it this month. I think it's a really great product too, but you probably don't NEED it. Gotta take care of those finances.

On this note, we do need people to get behind innovation.

I didn't need this, or any another plugin these past months, I just love some of the stuff that's coming out of DSP land. Especially fringe things.

So every penny spent on good innovative developers is an investment in a common future.

I know I'm addicted, my car broke (started cycling), my glasses broken (duck tape), but I need my plugin fix first.

Seeing innovation, year after year, giving me the access to a world I thought was not accessible full stop.

Loading up a virtual Buchla with a Eventinde Phaser on top is a marvel to witness at a fraction of a price, and at the lowest possible carbon footprint that a audio tool can have.

Without music and sound I would have been lost years ago.
Can't put a price on that.

Just gotta be careful some corporations love it
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Or let me put it another way...

Let's say I have a buss of handclaps that currently peak at -3 dB. I want to set the output to match that... I guess manually and pull that down to -3 dB.

I want that to lock, so that I can step through the presets and hear the gradual onset of saturation until it "sits" where I want it to. I would have thought the Auto function would do that; but I'm not finding that as effective. Maybe I'm not using it properly. (?)

Ultimately, I want to hear the level stay roughly the same, just change the tone and thickness as I audition presets, etc. As always, when something gets louder it's easy to think it's better. Trying to find a process that moves quickly.

Thx
AUTO keeps the gain the same, so if you add 10 dB it brings the output level down 10dB. In general this will lead to no level differences, but if you're really hitting the distortion it'll be quieter.

That said, if you're clicking through presets, I think the AUTO button gets loaded with the presets, so it might get turned off when you load a preset. I actually don't recall off the top of my head, so I'll have to check tomorrow.

Elevate has a GAIN LOCK function which sounds more similar to what you're looking for, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Elevate has a GAIN LOCK function which sounds more similar to what you're looking for, but I'm not 100% sure.
Speaking of which, I was just thinking the Auto / Manual output modes in Equivocate would be more convenient as an button rather than a dropdown.

Often when I switch from Manual to Auto with the dropdown, I assume it'll go straight to Auto mode, but then I also have to click the auto button which appears over the former db readout
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Klimek View Post
One important point that a lot of people didn't realize at first: use the EQ tab to re-balance any spectrum changes the limiter seems to be making (ie, if you lose bass impact, try boosting the corresponding EQ band, which will likely be the one with the highest meter)

There was some confusion because it appeared to be just an EQ pre or post limiter, but it's neither. It's part of the inner-workings of the limiter, along the lines of per-band thresholds though I'm sure it's more complex than that.
That’s interesting and I think what I experienced when I was discovering the correlation between the adaptive gain and gain reduction.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
That’s interesting and I think what I experienced when I was discovering the correlation between the adaptive gain and gain reduction.
I'm getting a bit confused... are you all talking about other plugins and not Saturate?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'm getting a bit confused... are you all talking about other plugins and not Saturate?
Talking about Elevate.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

replaced my inflator on a mix. nice and modern sounding stuff
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Krešo,

Hey all!

@ Dan , @ Andrew Klimek - yes indeed, I picked up updates (installer(s)) and yes, Elevate Bundle installs all 4 tools as a separate ones.

As time went by I just forgot how Elevate Bundle was organized. I picked up a whole Bundle installer as well as separate ones. I always liked having all installer versions somewhere local. Thou it's not necessary these days due to fast internet connections and flat rate net. But, as you know, old habits die hard. Thus backing up all installers and their versions.

Thank you all for replying.

It works like a charm. I can even say that I have a feeling code has been optimized. It's almost like a CPU taxation has been reduced. I don't know this for fact. Just an observation. Maybe Dan can confirm that?

Anyway, great tool and all the best in all future improvements!

Krešo
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hey all!

@ Dan , @ Andrew Klimek - yes indeed, I picked up updates (installer(s)) and yes, Elevate Bundle installs all 4 tools as a separate ones.

As time went by I just forgot how Elevate Bundle was organized. I picked up a whole Bundle installer as well as separate ones. I always liked having all installer versions somewhere local. Thou it's not necessary these days due to fast internet connections and flat rate net. But, as you know, old habits die hard. Thus backing up all installers and their versions.

Thank you all for replying.

It works like a charm. I can even say that I have a feeling code has been optimized. It's almost like a CPU taxation has been reduced. I don't know this for fact. Just an observation. Maybe Dan can confirm that?

Anyway, great tool and all the best in all future improvements!

Krešo
There have been some updates that include optimization along the way. I'm not sure which version you had previously installed, so it's hard to say if this code will run faster than what you had. It's certainly possible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search