The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
HoRNet Plugins releases HATFISh RhyGenerator - euclidean step sequencer
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hi everyone we have just updated HATEFISh RhyGenerator, the euclidean step sequencer, to version 1.1.0.

This update is free for owners of the plugin and includes:
  • Added standalone app version.
  • Added colours to modes to quickly identify the mode of each sequencer.
  • Added "shift" for each sequencer to shift the events for the chosen number of steps.
  • Added "speed" option to make each sequencer move faster or slower.
  • Fixed crash with Logic Pro x.
  • Fixed crash with Pro Tools.
  • Switched plugin mode to VSTi so it can be more easily used.

The update can be downloaded from the user area on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Thank you!
Saverio

ps. not listed in the changelog just because i forgot, we also split note and octave selection in two different dropdowns
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Very nice.
Color coded modes are very useful.

At first I couldn't figure out the new way to select notes and octaves but now that I got it it's 10x faster than the old way.

CC# selection could also benefit from some faster method instead of the single long list (e.g some developers group them like [0-24] [25-49] [50-75] etc... in order to have shorter/esier lists).

But overall that's great and I'm very happy about this plugin.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Excellent! Thanks for getting on it so quickly Saverio. I like the inclusion of speed and colour options.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

As I was unable to use this on OSX 10.9.5, Saverio, per policy of no demo being provided, refunded my money.

But, I would be most curious if anyone else on 10.9.5 system were able to run this new 'Standalone' version (which was not available when I purchased), if so please let me know...as it would be worthwhile for me even just as 'Standalone' via IAC bus to audio hosts.

Thanks in advance
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C View Post
As I was unable to use this on OSX 10.9.5, Saverio, per policy of no demo being provided, refunded my money.

But, I would be most curious if anyone else on 10.9.5 system were able to run this new 'Standalone' version (which was not available when I purchased), if so please let me know...as it would be worthwhile for me even just as 'Standalone' via IAC bus to audio hosts.

Thanks in advance
If it simply crashed and your cpu is older than 2012 then the issue has been fixed ?

Saverio
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet View Post
If it simply crashed and your cpu is older than 2012 then the issue has been fixed ?

Saverio
Oh, really? Yes, it is a 2009 Mac Pro 'Nehalem' 8 Core.

The AU was not seen by any of my apps, but you seem to indicate that you made it an 'Instrument' now, which might solve that issue...and the VST would, as you indicate, 'just crash' Live 9.

So maybe it would work here now...I am game to re-purchase, if you are game to refund again if it still doesn't work?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh, really? Yes, it is a 2009 Mac Pro 'Nehalem' 8 Core.

The AU was not seen by any of my apps, but you seem to indicate that you made it an 'Instrument' now, which might solve that issue...and the VST would, as you indicate, 'just crash' Live 9.

So maybe it would work here now...I am game to re-purchase, if you are game to refund again if it still doesn't work?
Of course i’ll refund it if you don’t like it ? the AU is still a midi effect meant to be used with logic x but the VSTi should work now
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

One more quick question...are the parameters of HATEFish provided as automation or MIDI learn in any of it's configurations?

That is, are it's parameters (Step, Beats, Shift, etc) published to Logic as 'automation', or in Live same question?

Is the 'Standalone' able to receive MIDI to 'Learn' any it's parameters for real-time access by other apps or MIDI controllers??

Thanks in advance
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
One more quick question...are the parameters of HATEFish provided as automation or MIDI learn in any of it's configurations?

That is, are it's parameters (Step, Beats, Shift, etc) published to Logic as 'automation', or in Live same question?

Is the 'Standalone' able to receive MIDI to 'Learn' any it's parameters for real-time access by other apps or MIDI controllers??

Thanks in advance
Every parameter is automatable in the plugin (you find the first beats lane called beats 0, steps 0 and so on) the standalone version unfortunately cannot be midi automated, but I'll write it down as feature request

Saverio
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Every parameter is automatable in the plugin (you find the first beats lane called beats 0, steps 0 and so on) the standalone version unfortunately cannot be midi automated, but I'll write it down as feature request

Saverio
Thank you Saverio ;-) Re-purchased, and am now successfully able to use Standalone and, Vst in Live 9

Thus far, the 'Speed' continuously variable parameter is proving to set this apart from the other Euclidean generators I have...that and the extended ranges (like 32 steps instead of 16).

The main reason I mentioned the standalone and MIDI learn, is I mainly use Numerology Pro as my MIDI generator due to it extensive abilities to use LFO's to control automation. Unfortunately, as it only hosts AU's, and does not currently support MIDI FX plug-ins...the only way to provide for those abilities would be to send them via CC over OS X inter app bus (IAC) to the standalone. Which in that case, an option for the Standalone to receive/respond (transport) to a external clock sync...would be greatly appreciated (this is how I am controlling the plugin version, within Live controlled by Numerology for the transport and bpm, and sending HATEFish MIDI out out to Numerology hosting and recording the final MIDI/audio. Just no way to access automation of HATEFISH plug-in from Numerology in that scenario.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you Saverio ;-) Re-purchased, and am now successfully able to use Standalone and, Vst in Live 9

Thus far, the 'Speed' continuously variable parameter is proving to set this apart from the other Euclidean generators I have...that and the extended ranges (like 32 steps instead of 16).

The main reason I mentioned the standalone and MIDI learn, is I mainly use Numerology Pro as my MIDI generator due to it extensive abilities to use LFO's to control automation. Unfortunately, as it only hosts AU's, and does not currently support MIDI FX plug-ins...the only way to provide for those abilities would be to send them via CC over OS X inter app bus (IAC) to the standalone. Which in that case, an option for the Standalone to receive/respond (transport) to a external clock sync...would be greatly appreciated (this is how I am controlling the plugin version, within Live controlled by Numerology for the transport and bpm, and sending HATEFish MIDI out out to Numerology hosting and recording the final MIDI/audio. Just no way to access automation of HATEFISH plug-in from Numerology in that scenario.

Thanks in advance.
The stand alone app already receives misi start, stop and clock messages. It also supports midi song position pointer so it can also start in the middle of a pattern if the daw requests it.
The only thing that is missing is the ability to control sequencer parameters via midi cc.

Saverio
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The stand alone app already receives misi start, stop and clock messages. It also supports midi song position pointer so it can also start in the middle of a pattern if the daw requests it.
The only thing that is missing is the ability to control sequencer parameters via midi cc.

Saverio
Ah, very good then ESPECIALLY 'Song Position', a key feature for my usage (as I like to produce separate runs/variations by moving ahead into the temporal interactions between tracks...i.e starting at measure 161, or 321, or 513, etc...gives a exclusive version for a given bounce of x bars...as opposed to starting at bar one, especially when working with more complicated sequences such as Hatefish allows).

So yes, only thing missing for my own ultimate application is the MIDI modulation of parameters in 'Standalone'.

I would further note though...'Accents', and a 'Forward then backwards ('Ping Pong' mode) for each track would also be most appreciated.

Otherwise, quite pleased with current version...thanks for the pre-2012 cpu crash fix...Hatefish is going to be more useful/inspiring than I had originally surmised!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Hi Saverio,

Just bought your new little gem and I love it !

I have a pretty annoying issue though...

When I reopen a session, steps are messed up, I must touch the step parameter of each sequencer in order to go back to what was saved... To be clear, if the steps are set to 16, I must set it on an another value then go back to 16 to hear what was intended. Weird, isn't it ?

I'm using the VST3 version with the latest version of Reaper on Mac OS 10.14.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantho View Post
Hi Saverio,

Just bought your new little gem and I love it !

I have a pretty annoying issue though...

When I reopen a session, steps are messed up, I must touch the step parameter of each sequencer in order to go back to what was saved... To be clear, if the steps are set to 16, I must set it on an another value then go back to 16 to hear what was intended. Weird, isn't it ?

I'm using the VST3 version with the latest version of Reaper on Mac OS 10.14.
Weird indeed! Could you please open a support ticket on our website so I can track the issue?

Btw the vst2 should work fine or at least it did during our tests ? could you please try that one?

Thank you
Saverio
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

I just checked and VST 2 is OK indeed.

As for the VST 3, I'm going to open a support ticket, thank you
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niowiad View Post
Very nice plugin I didn't have anything like that.

Does anyone else think it would be better if the "NOTE" parameter also worked as a fader (vertical drag-and-drop) rather than as an infinite drop-down menu.
Currently it always opens at octave -2 and in order to get e.g. to octave +6 it takes like 6-8 seconds of scrolling each time, which to me seems quite inconvenient.
This is one of the main reasons I returned the plugin. That drop down list was way too cumbersome. Selecting an octave first then the note through a rotary type dial would have been better I think.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

that's been fixed in the update--it's two drop-downs, one for octave and one for note
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepCircle View Post
that's been fixed in the update--it's two drop-downs, one for octave and one for note
Oh, that's good to know
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Yes, that's much better than it was.
Although as I said in my post above there's still a similar issue with the CC# list.

Another thing I noticed is "gate length" being grayed-out in the two arpeggiator modes, it would be nice to directly have control on that without the need to go back to note mode each time.

Can't complain too much overall. The plugin is very nice and definitely worth the purchase.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

I so so love euclidean sequencers and bought this baby now. Just starting trying it out, but: is there a manual?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

What buffles me about Hatefish is that I usually understand these euclidean sequencers and their Logic behind it right away. The ones I mean are all Reaktor builts. But because I´m a fan of Hornet Plugins I want to get into it. (That´s why I asked for a manual)
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

There's a quick manual included in the zip download

and a short video explanation, although it's pre-update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvSmXqcd8o
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

If the developer decides to add the 'Accents', 'Ping Pong mode', and MIDI modulation to 'Standalone' per requests here, this will easily become the best Euclidean sequencer I am aware of (which it may be already) ;-) And I have a custom-built Reaktor version built per my own specs!)

His decision to add a continuously variable 'Speed' parameter is what makes it unique, as then the separate sequences no longer all reset together after x number of beats...allowing a continuously changing/phasing relationship of beats over time.

I have also now successfully used it to trigger individual sequencers in Numerology Pro via it's MIDI trigger mode, such to provide an individual, fully chromatic sequencer to be stepped through via a HATEFish Euclidean track/trigger beat for each...so that is going to provide some interesting, endlessly non-repeating ambient harmonic sequences
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Thanks for pointing me to the manual in the folder.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Still getting into it, using Hatefish as a Midi-FX in Logic Pro. What I did´t get yet is this, the manual says:

"Of course you can assign a different MIDI channel to every one of the step sequencer to be able to control up to 16 different synths"

Does that mean I can feed 16 other AU-Instruments within one single instance of Hatefish? And if so: how?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Mike Moreno's Euklid was a nice surprise, thanks @ meio for the hint.
It`s free and in a sense a simplified form (single trigger) of Hatefish.
Practice on a low budget.

Speaking of low budget, it currently pays off for waverers to visit Hornet.
Another fish in my vst folder now.

On a serious note,
to hate fish exposes the potential to lead Italians and the Mediterranean cuisine
into a moral and ethical crisis.
Pretty fishy.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Saverio can you please make those squares clickable...drawable? Click to draw, clik to delete.
That will make it perfect!
Old 2 days ago
RPH
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner View Post
Saverio can you please make those squares clickable...drawable? Click to draw, clik to delete.
This is not a normal sequencer, it uses an algorithm to determine the positions.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by putte View Post
Still getting into it, using Hatefish as a Midi-FX in Logic Pro. What I did´t get yet is this, the manual says:

"Of course you can assign a different MIDI channel to every one of the step sequencer to be able to control up to 16 different synths"

Does that mean I can feed 16 other AU-Instruments within one single instance of Hatefish? And if so: how?
Well the plugin outputs each lane on a different mid channel if you want so depending on the routing capabilities of your daw, you can feed its output to 16 different tracks setting the midi channel on the receiving instrument so it not reacts to the messages coming on that channel.

Saverio
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner View Post
Well I think this will defeat the purpose of the Euclidean sequencer itself. What I plan to do is allow to alter the velocity on each step but since the sequences are generated on the fly starting from the parameters on the left, it’s not trivial...

Saverio
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search