The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube releases Monoment Bass
Old 1 week ago
News Desk Editor

Softube releases Monoment Bass-monoment-bass-hi-res-gui.jpg

In the modern day, music production leans more heavily on bass than ever before. Although track counts can number a hundred or more, often the core of a song is built around little more than a beat, a vocal, and a rich, living bass sound.

So an instrument dedicated to just that – tailored to producing huge, solid bass tones with complex, organic overtones and focused effects for a mix-ready low end – is more than just useful. It’s foundational. Monoment Bass lays the groundwork for top-quality tracks every time.

Working with sound designer and rare-synth-collector Tobias Menguser, Softube have provided a carefully selected and expertly curated collection of top-end sounds, paired them with easy-to-use and awesome-sounding synth architecture, and high quality analog effects for modern, mix-ready bass in seconds.

Professionally created presets from Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA Production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops give inspiring and exquisite sound right out of the box, and with all-stereo source material and the perfect suite of effects for the task, Monoment Bass raises the bar significantly for easy-to-use, modern, mix-ready bass sounds.

In short:
  • Super-high-quality bass synth with stereo source sounds from top-end boutique hardware
  • Top-notch synth architecture that’s both versatile and easy to use
  • Blend noise with two different sources at once for a textured and highly complex sound
  • Professional presets from Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops
  • A heavy focus on modern bass sounds makes this the perfect addition to the forward-thinking studio
  • Fills a soundstage with domineering weight and power, yet easy to mix thanks to dedicated effects

Intro Offer: $79/79€ - Reg. Price: $99/99€. Intro offer ends July 11th, 2019.

For more information: https://www.softube.com/products/monoment
Attached Thumbnails
Softube releases Monoment Bass-monoment-bass-hi-res-gui.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Looks like another lost chance for softube to build a soft synth that is up to 2019... A rompler, again...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by long_time_lurker View Post
Looks like another lost chance for softube to build a soft synth that is up to 2019... A rompler, again...
Who cares about the technology , the quest is : good or not , fun or not ...the best plugin fro production ready stuff are usually sample based partially , from omnisphere to stuff kontakt based like Output ...personnaly i don't mind as soon as it's dope ....
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Who cares about the technology , the quest is : good or not , fun or not ...the best plugin fro production ready stuff are usually sample based partially , from omnisphere to stuff kontakt based like Output ...personnaly i don't mind as soon as it's dope ....
I was just hoping that a company like softube would be able to deliver a real synthesizer, with e.g. fm and creative modulation options. I am not caring if it is sample based or not but it just has far too less possibilities for 2019. There is nothing in it that could't be done in Omnisphere, Falcon or Kontakt.

Ok, finally I don't have to buy it and obviously won't. It may be fun to use but I just don't like to flood my plugins folder with dozens of generic two-sample-layers-through-a-filter synths.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was just hoping that a company like softube would be able to deliver a real synthesizer, with e.g. fm and creative modulation options. I am not caring if it is sample based or not but it just has far too less possibilities for 2019. There is nothing in it that could't be done in Omnisphere, Falcon or Kontakt.

Ok, finally I don't have to buy it and obviously won't. It may be fun to use but I just don't like to flood my plugins folder with dozens of generic two-sample-layers-through-a-filter synths.
I understand your concern , but pretty every plugins released can be done in Falcon or something like reaktor or in certain way omnisphere .... but it's great to have something specially designed for a certain task ....time is all !!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Is the intro offer ending on the same day it's released? that's pretty short
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Is the intro offer ending on the same day it's released? that's pretty short
June and July are actually two different months, though. The one we're in now is june, and then July starts in just under three weeks from now.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
June and July are actually two different months, though. The one we're in now is june, and then July starts in just under three weeks from now.
Ooops misread that date

I'm actually interested in demoing this. Getting a nice tight bass sound is no easy task. I have some good go-to instruments now (Serum, Kontakt Libraries) but adding something to the arsenal is good if possible.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I was just hoping that a company like softube would be able to deliver a real synthesizer, with e.g. fm and creative modulation options. .
Liiike, say, softube modular?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
For me the most interesting part in such synth would be the filter(s). The release information says nothing about it and the screen indeed shows filter section but it is pretty bland.
Nothing to see here...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Gearslutz culture is amazing sometimes.

- c
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydan View Post
Liiike, say, softube modular?
No exactly the opposite. They have proven with modular that they have the technology and more important the sound. Though I own it with some additions, I never use it because modular has its weaknesses in patching, module management and preset management which - in my opinion - makes it a pain in the a** to use.
But I would really love to see softube creating a synth that is more creative from a synthesis point of view.
Parallels and monoment are - for me - a big disappointment. These both synths are basically a set of samples in an absolutely generic platform with a more or less nice GUI.
Nothing I would ever pay 100 bucks for.
Not in 2019, where so many great synths are available that are bringing at least SOMETHING new to the table.

I really don't want to diss Softube because they are doing great products, and I am owning quite a few. But this is pure money making out of nothing - for me of course.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

At least if Parallels and this had been combined in one synth you could argue its place as an OK allround Rompler. This is just shameless though.

Also, why do synth devs' audio demos always sound so amateurish and dated?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

So the old amateurs who actually purchase their fantastic products don't feel too intimidated.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I never use it because modular has its weaknesses in patching, module management and preset management which - in my opinion - makes it a pain in the a** to use.
Yeah, sort of agree here. User interface sucks pretty bad. (And have sent Softube tons of suggestions/interface improvements that they respectfully add to their wishlist and then ignore.) However, it's not that hard to use Modular to build a few great "prepatched" synths with your desired feature sets, and then use those as "regular" softsynths. (I run KompleteKontrol, which helps with knob mapping in this case though..)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

How does this SOUND? I really don't care about the technology behind it. I have plenty of Software (and Hardware) Instruments with which I can produce great sounding bass, but it takes time. Sometimes that is fun, and sometimes I need good results quickly, so if this delivers on its promises (good sound, high usability, mix-ready preset collection) then it might very well be worth considering. The price is ok, too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I just tried to imagine if Gearslutz/internet mentality existed when the piano or the guitar were first invented.

Comments like "It only has one preset sound. Meh."

"Great, another instrument with vibrating strings. Pass."

- c
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

They already do Modular. That has creative modulation and fm.

Falcon and Omnishpere are overkill if all you want to make is a simple sub to beef up your kicks.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm over "more features" since I have 4x more of everything than I'll ever need -- these days it's about sound quality and musicality. Its ability to be used within a composition. I have a slew of VIs which, in theory, should find their way onto every track, yet when it comes time to produce it's like forcing square waves into round holes. Output's instruments, for example, sound great individually, yet they rarely make it into finals. With Omni, if I open the plugin it's most likely going to get used.

So, I don't care what Softube's methodology or approach happen to be, as long as they sound great and are relevant in my productions. Sample vs synthesis vs modeling? Don't care. One sound vs 1,000? Meh. Pick your target (bass, in this case) and hit it square-on with something better than what's currently on the market. Otherwise, yeah, it feels like a cash grab. We really don't need MORE products (look at how active the New Products forum is), we need improved products.

But the market self-corrects. If people don't want it, they don't buy it, and it goes away.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I just tried to imagine if Gearslutz/internet mentality existed when the piano or the guitar were first invented.

- c
In fact i just figured out , GS is in fact France of the forums lol period !
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
- c
Classic!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I like it actually
Easy to dail in, useful sounds. Just what I need for bass synth, load it, tweak a little and rock.
Does exactly what I expect.
Very good
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

- c
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Just went to demo this and WOW, almost 3 GB. Must be a lot more content in here than I thought.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Just went to demo this and WOW, almost 3 GB. Must be a lot more content in here than I thought.
Mmm that s a lot , at least can you choose library path ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Softube actually knows what they are doing building effects and truthful emulations of vintage equipment. For that I take my hat off in respect.

But when it comes to building virtual instruments they clearly lack the experience to build anything that is usable in a studio or on stage. No midi mapping, clonky presets usage and bland presets are not the best possible ways to try and sell something this way. The competition is fierce and in this case they are simply outperforming Softube in pretty much every aspect except for sound.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Yeah, after demoing this I have to agree, usability and presets are not great. Especially the presets, I mean for a product that promises mix ready bass, they're pretty mediocre. A lot of better alternatives out there.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Depends on the genre of music you make. For electronic music this is nice. Found some quite usable presets as well, easy to customize and dial in.

Personally, I still vastly prefer analog hardware samples to softsynths. Most softsynths still sound uninspiring and fake to me. Serum is good on occasion.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
Yeah, after demoing this I have to agree, usability and presets are not great. Especially the presets, I mean for a product that promises mix ready bass, they're pretty mediocre. A lot of better alternatives out there.
They’re like Waves. Effects are their speciality. Instruments are more of a side activity.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:

I really don't want to diss Softube because they are doing great products, and I am owning quite a few. But this is pure money making out of nothing - for me of course.
Since my last post I had a harddisk crash which caused a loss of my machine based activations. Luckily only a few of my licences have been activated on that machine, one of them being Modular plus a few UVI products.
While UVI responded nice and quickly, giving me another activation, I have sent 5 emails to Softube. I got the automatic confirmation of receipt but absolutely no response to my request!!! In the same week I got 7(!!!) advertising mails from them.
What has happened to this company?
It seems they are going the rip-off path... most products have a nice GUI and a big marketing campaign going on but are not offering anything new, just mediocre warmed-up dishes from yesteryear.
With that lousy support (which support?) I came to the conclusion that I won't buy anything from them again in the future.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search