The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.9 Featuring the Capitol Chambers Plug‑In
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Seems like only the Thunderbolt version works with Mac, yes ?
No. There is a Firewire version of Satellite that will work with a Mac. I recommend the Thunderbolt version instead though because it supports Live Track Mode (LTM). I don't believe that LTM is supported on the Firewire version of UAD Satellites.

LTM will reduce latency when tracking a plugin instantiated in your DAW. See a video demo of LTM here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_qkBqgYfxs
Old 22nd May 2019
Here for the gear

I quickly A/B’d a vocal I recorded at Capitol Studios Studio 1 using their Chamber 4 (chamber isolated on separate audio tracks) against UAD Capitol chamber plugin, Al Schmitt’s chamber 4 ‘the one’ setting.

IMHO within a full track it sounds incredible and nearly impossible to distinguish from the real thing. When you solo the vocal and A/B it’s perhaps 80% close. Very minor spatial width and some type of warm silkiness differences.

Thrilled to have this plugin. Have been going
to Capitol for years just to run tracks through chamber 4 for that lush beautiful sound. Great plugin USD
Old 22nd May 2019
Here for the gear

$349...

$349 !!! It's no more UAD plugs for me for over two years. You can get amazing plugs from other companies who are forward thinking with their pricing policies.
Old 22nd May 2019
Here for the gear

Mix dial 15% should read 50% like the width dial next to it?
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Head
There is a chicken and egg dichotomy with the UAD universe. If you want to demo the UA plugins, you need to buy UAD hardware. I suspect that this limits the market for UAD's plugins.

I jumped right into UAD universe in 2015 when I bought a new Apollo 8 Duo and a 10 plugin bundle. Since then I've purchased two Apollo SF Quads, both with a lot of plugins I didn't already have. Soon after that I sold one of the SF units with some of the duplicate plugins I owned. I recently sold my two remaining Apollos and kept my 64 plugins to upgrade to an Apollo X8.

I will likely wait until the Black Friday sale. If UA repeats last years bundle deal, I will buy the 10 + 3 free plugin custom bundle. There are a lot of 3rd party plugins I want. That's $77 per plugin. I badly want the Capitol Chambers plugin, but I can wait until November. Now if I could only sing like Frank Sinatra...
Old 22nd May 2019
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themusicguy View Post
Mix dial 15% should read 50% like the width dial next to it?
No, that's by design.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

This might be the thing that makes me finally jump on UAD.

Does this work at 96k?

How many instances on a quad card?

Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Nut
This plug is so friggin cool. Wow.
Old 22nd May 2019
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak View Post
This might be the thing that makes me finally jump on UAD.

Does this work at 96k?

How many instances on a quad card?

Thanks.
Hey Nowak, it does. It's 73% of a chip @ 44.1.

I just did a test here with a Twin Quad and got 4 @ 96k.
Old 22nd May 2019
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsguitar View Post
This plug is so friggin cool. Wow.
Awesome!! Glad you're liking it!
Old 22nd May 2019
KMC
Gear Head

Hiya folks! Great to see labelling finally added... although us people with UAD live racks are getting further and further behind update wise. At this point i’m not bothered in the slightest about new plugins (which we would of course purchase if they were compatible with our systems!), it would just be great if we could get some usability enhancements Any change the labels are coming to us live people soon?

Thank you!

K
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Guys I'm just taking a break from demoing Capitol Chambers. Well... thumbs up to Universal Audio and everyone who contributed for the creation of a such amazing tool in-the-box!
Actually I was trying all day to avoid to demo it, because of the pricing and because recently I purchased the Lexicon 480 (another one masterpiece from UA).
But I could not resist and the result now is that I CANNOT WAIT FOR UPCOMING OFFERS AND BUNDLES BECAUSE I WANT THIS MONSTER RIGHT NOW IN MY ARSENAL. I mostly record and mix jazz, acoustic, traditional, ethnic and other similar genres and these beautiful spaces of Capital Chambers fit exactly these styles(and of course even more) and it is EXACTLY what I was missing from my other software and hardware units.
Bravo Universal Audio!
Old 22nd May 2019
Here for the gear

UAD still to pricey lots of great plugins out there do we really need to run things on DSP these days!
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

If you buy a UAD hardware box, you can get any 10 plugins for $1000 when you register it, so $100 per plugin. If you wait for Black Friday, it will be even cheaper than that, and you can buy as few as a 3-4 plugin bundle for $300, so stop whining about the price and have a little patience. Also buy the hardware when they do a bundle deal and get 4 or more plugins for free, that is what I did. I bought a few Octo's and got 8 free plugins and have plenty of processing power, a lot cheaper than buying a Protools HDX card and much more useable.
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Addict
The UAD stuff is well worth having. Ocean Way itself has been revolutionary for me. The Neve DFC is maybe the best channel strip I've tried. Nice compliment with running Bx SSL E all over everything. The 1176, Lex 224 and 480, AMS RMX 16, Distressor, Precision Delay, all brilliant stuff. That said, my Octo Satellite has been iffy since I got it a few months ago and for most of this month it's been basically unusable. Then the last couple days it's worked almost flawlessly aside from a few times I had to turn it off and on. But in the time it wasn't usable, I was able to come up with mixes that were basically just as good with other stuff. Took a little more effort though. Bottom line, you're going to have to place a lot of faith in your UAD devices if you jump into the platform. Tech support may or may not be able to fix the problem quickly. You could end up going weeks without UAD if it needs to be fixed or replaced. But if you have the money, I'd recommend buying an Octo and then at least a Quad to go with it to serve as extra dsp or a backup if your Octo has a problem. If UAD stuff wasn't so expensive, I'd buy an Apollo plus another Octo or Quad and some more plugins. I'm not even going to try this new plugin until the price comes down a lot.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
If you can't afford this plug-in then you're doing audio engineering wrong.

...the nice thing is the bedroom kiddies with their eye patches and peg legs can't touch it because it's locked to a DSP hardware dongle.
If you're worried about the "bedroom kiddies" being competition... you're doing audio engineering wrong.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
If you're worried about the "bedroom kiddies" being competition... you're doing audio engineering wrong.
No that was about theft, not competition...
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
No that was about theft, not competition...
Right... he's worried for UA about theft.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Right... he's worried for UA about theft.
Who said he was "worried about UA" LOL ?
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Maniac
Demos sound astonishing!
I was thinking about UA doing a chamber .. I thought it was going to be Blackbird studios...
This one sounds amazing!
Will certainly be getting it
Old 23rd May 2019
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemarti View Post
Demos sound astonishing!
I was thinking about UA doing a chamber .. I thought it was going to be Blackbird studios...
This one sounds amazing!
Will certainly be getting it
Glad to hear it alemarti!
Old 23rd May 2019
Quote:
I am a bedroom warrior and I have the UAD stuff. Probably will have this reverb plugin soon. So yeah, you ready for the competition?
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivvy View Post
U.. still to pricey lots of great plugins out there do we really need to run things on DSP these days!
Yes.

Yes, we do.
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Maniac
I don't have uad, nor want to jump in the uad system. but to be able to get the "ok" to make a plugin of capitol chambers is pretty amazing by itself. incredible, congratulations.

I'm not sure why u didn't partner with puremix (fabdupont) for the release of this unit. there's (probably the best video in puremix) a al Schmitt video with audio, so uad users would be able to compare:

https://www.puremix.net/video/al-sch...lle-aimee.html

I highly recommend this video. it's truly outstanding as must be the plugin with the ok from them. pretty amazing congrats.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucmusic View Post
I haven‘t paid full price for a single uad plugin so far, there are discounts all over the place.

Which uad plugins did you buy at full price?

... which you don’t use anymore because other stuff ... that‘s trolling at its best if you ask me
Nope. Trolling is asking specific amount of money but then selling it half the price later on.

I mean i am hearing all the time "ooo i never paid full price UA is asking for i am waiting their sales"...super then if UA is so great why don't they offer it for half the price permanently.

Gimme a break. Like i have time to buy something and then monitor or read emails and wait sale every 6 month. Yeah that's the definition of trolling for me. When someone take your precious time and then pretend like they gave me something and i should be happy about that.

Superb. Amazing. Well done.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Or... think of it as that premium product you wouldn't normally purchase between the offers are there.... go on then....

UAD make great plugins.. no two ways about it...

Zz.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Nope. Trolling is asking specific amount of money but then selling it half the price later on.

I mean i am hearing all the time "ooo i never paid full price UA is asking for i am waiting their sales"...super then if UA is so great why don't they offer it for half the price permanently.

Gimme a break. Like i have time to buy something and then monitor or read emails and wait sale every 6 month. Yeah that's the definition of trolling for me. When someone take your precious time and then pretend like they gave me something and i should be happy about that.

Superb. Amazing. Well done.
When new cars come out they cost a certain amount, later after they have been out for awhile, you get a much better deal. What's new?
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Guru
I doubt any real engineers with paying clients are sweating a $300 purchase.......
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
If you can't afford this plug-in then you're doing audio engineering wrong
Or in my case, I can afford this plugin, because I stopped "doing" audio engineering!

It sounds fantastic, it will sound lovely with my CM7.

I really love the sound of chambers.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
When new cars come out they cost a certain amount, later after they have been out for awhile, you get a much better deal. What's new?
DSP = dongle.
Sales = trolling.

A brave new world...

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search