The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pulsar Echorec: Enlarge your Delay Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 15th April 2019
Here for the gear

Pulsar Echorec: Enlarge your Delay

Hi guys, you don't know us yet, but we've been making plugins for 15 years, having worked for the synth geeks from André the Giant's hometown and for your favorite bacon lover !
Our name is Pulsar, our mission is to put into bankruptcy every other audio plugin company and to rule the world with the help of our reptilian backers !

However we're a little late with our thought-controlled mastering plug-in, so in the meantime, let us introduce our first real product, Pulsar Echorec, a reproduction of the Binson Echorec 2 magnetic-disk delay.

The Binson Echorec 2 is a famous magnetic disk delay from the 1960s, used by Syd Barret, David Gilmour, Jimmy Page....

We have devoted a lot of effort to achieve a faithful emulation of tube circuits. In addition, we have reproduced the sound of the magnetic disk very accurately. Is is extremely warm and at the same time distinct from the sound of magnetic tape.

We have also added several new features:
  • The Stereo Drift parameter adds spatial width
  • The “Off” mode gives you the sound of the tubes and magnetic disk without delay, in order to use the plugin as a saturation tool.
  • On the hardware, you could slow down the disk temporarily by pressing your finger on it; we have also added this feature on the plugin to allow creating nice modulation effects.

Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Congrats for the release !

I'll just add a link to the product page here :

Pulsar Echorec - Magnetic Disk Delay Plugin

Tube and magnetic tape modeling... Interesting.

Maybe you are the right guys for making a faithful AMPEX 350/351 tape machine emulation and start to rule, hum sorry, sail over the waves.
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Now this looks really interesting, can't wait to try it & congrats on the release ;-)
Old 15th April 2019
Here for the gear

This delay is really neat! I really dig the fat snare preset. The vibe of this thing is really cool! Until when is the intro price?
Old 15th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvd83 View Post
This delay is really neat! I really dig the fat snare preset. The vibe of this thing is really cool! Until when is the intro price?
The launch offer lasts until May 15 !
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Curious how it compares to the audiority version
Old 15th April 2019
I'd say as a true Binson devotee you need both as a) as far as i know these are still the only two, and b) they complement each other... seem to be viewed from different angles - Audiority version to my ears like a big chubby huggable all-over-the-place mama and this new Pulsar one more like Angela Basset - a beautiful kind of tight, every muscle well defined, smells like expensive old leather. Really ambitious on the tone this one, congratulations Pulsar.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker satchmo View Post
As far as i know these are still the only two
I haven't tried it but there's also the Echoson from Overloud.
Old 15th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayTheLordBe View Post
I haven't tried it but there's also the Echoson from Overloud.
Thanks, nice there's more choices for those who like their sound.
Never enough delays...
The Pulsar hits a tone spot i like.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Head

Empty Room Systems EchORek2 by Harrie Munnik is yet another offering.

I believe it was the first attempt at emulating Binson.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Addict

anybody have difficulty with the trial on Protools, mac.
When loading PT, I get a message to authorize trial on my iLok and then get a message that I've tried to authorize the trial too many times.
Strange.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Yes, it sounds really neat.

And

Yes, the price of entry is quite steep for a noob company.

No matter how slick the website. No matter how appealing the UI. No matter which pillars of the dsp business for whom they have previously coded.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post

That's what I thought too...
Old 16th April 2019
This is the first introduction post I ever read on gearslutz. (idk why I start reading it, because usually I look at pics and go straight to the website) Didn’t disappoint me at all really fun! Would try this plugin asap
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

And

No matter how slick the website. No matter how appealing the UI. No matter which pillars of the dsp business for whom they have previously coded.
So if a brand new car company releases a supercar, they should sell it the price of an "average Joe" car ?

Sorry I don't understand the logic.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
Empty Room Systems EchORek2 by Harrie Munnik is yet another offering.

I believe it was the first attempt at emulating Binson.
The ERS offering never even made it to macOS, despite suggestions from ERS years ago that it would.

As much as I really admire Harrie's work, I think he's lost interest in ERS.

This looks interesting.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
So if a brand new car company releases a supercar, they should sell it the price of an "average Joe" car ?

Sorry I don't understand the logic.
oh, sweetie.
Old 16th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post
YIIIKKKKEESSS....

the "audio examples" play for about one second before emitting an insanely LOUD pink noise.

Sorry for this and thanks for the report. It was a Safari-only issue, it's fixed now.
Old 17th April 2019
Gear Maniac

So sad that the industry has devolved, become plagued by entitlement, and devalued like this. We're at the point where legitimate, professional tools should only cost as much as a slice of toast with some avocado on it?

Our tools are better than ever and and worth much more than most of them sell for. We're getting to the point where real industry heavyweights are having to branch into tutoring and endorsements to secure their futures.

Stop devaluing our work, start paying what things are worth, and deal with it if you can't afford it. Even stock tools these days leave no excuses.

Looking very forward to trying this very affordable tool.
Old 17th April 2019
Lives for gear

Hi Niccolo-
This version really sounds fantastic (I've compared 3 similar contenders I'm currently aware off).

My only question atm: Is it possible to have the Disk Brake show up (rather than just using the Disk Control Automation Lane) when the Disk is clicked on show up in Logic X Automation? I understand that might be impossible as the Click & Drag is over the Disk is a very large area of the GUI...just curious
Old 17th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
The ERS offering never even made it to macOS, despite suggestions from ERS years ago that it would.

As much as I really admire Harrie's work, I think he's lost interest in ERS.
whether it made it to mac makes no difference to me, but Harrie told me recently he's working on Echorek upgrade.

Audiority Echoes T7E sounds better and costs cheaper. this one has more "fancy GUI", though. for the "aesthetes". and ilok hemorrhoid pleasures. also for the "aesthetes".

I wish someone except for SKnote would tack Yamaha RA-200 emulation. we've had our share of Echorec delays, time to move on.
Old 17th April 2019
Gear Head

Love the Overloud Echoson. Would be hard to beat that one, but maybe I will get the demo.
Old 17th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmusic View Post
Hi Niccolo-
This version really sounds fantastic (I've compared 3 similar contenders I'm currently aware off).

My only question atm: Is it possible to have the Disk Brake show up (rather than just using the Disk Control Automation Lane) when the Disk is clicked on show up in Logic X Automation? I understand that might be impossible as the Click & Drag is over the Disk is a very large area of the GUI...just curious
Currently, only the disk rotation animation is used as a visual feedback for the automation of disk braking, but indeed, a clearer visual feedback is planned for the next versions!
Old 17th April 2019
Gear Head

I have Audiority Echoes T7E, Overloud Echoson & This, Pulsar Echorec. All three sounds are different.
It seems that AE and PE good complement each other. And I like 'Off mode' on PE
Old 17th April 2019
Lives for gear

Counted 12 ‘Pulsars’ stamped on the UI.

Next level branding
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Damn, the Off mode with some corrective EQing sounds absolutely amazing on anything.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
Damn, the Off mode with some corrective EQing sounds absolutely amazing on anything.
Resisting buying this but even before it came out I'd wished for an off mode on Echoes T7E
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayTheLordBe View Post
Resisting buying this but even before it came out I'd wished for an off mode on Echoes T7E
Same here, i can't justfy buying it only for that :D
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Same.

Zz.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

And

That’s ridiculous. So, every new company needs to charge $10 until they’re not new?

Please stop
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search